Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piers Morgan leaves GMB.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Care to be more specific? You make it sound like everything was a lie.

From what I have heard, her perception regarding titles for her children may be wrong but then that may be explained by what she had previously been led to believe. So I'm intrigued to what you say was actually a lie.

Well, she did actually say that they got married privately three days before the main wedding, which was incorrect. They took vows. The reply from the Palace referred to a variance in recollection, which is a clear indication of a difference of opinion. So, for the time being, we don't know whether we are dealing with truths, half truths or lies. We really know nothing at all. Its just a case of people favouring one side or the other, without knowing too many facts. Its likely, the real facts will never come out, which could suit one party or the other or even both parties.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes....someone you know nothing about but are happy to trash because I am an ' old white man ' A member of the useless, racist, xenophobic, thick sector of society, whose opinions count for nothing. Anything that doesn't fit neatly into the woke agenda is instantly condemned. You know nothing about me. You don't know I have a mixed race partner. You don't know I employ mixed race people, three or four different nationalities and one black person.You know nothing about me as I know nothing about you. I assume that you are a younger, left leaning wokeist, who doesn't employ anybody, hates Boris, Brexit, Farage, Trump, the Royal Family and all older white people ( apart from your relatives, of course )
There...summed you up.....No!.....Oh sorry......easy to get it wrong isn't it?

:thumbsup:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Oh dear. Now i'll have to go from not watching Piers Morgan in the morning to not watching Piers Morgan in the morning. I'm a little concerned that I may not cope.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
What has age and skin got to do with it?
I see [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]s words are starting to be ignored again[emoji849]
#Bekind

I'm afraid we are now living in the blame society and anyone over 60 is fair game. Apparently, we are the intolerant, ignorant, insular generation who have destroyed the hopes of all future generations and the sooner we pop our clogs and move on and let the omniscient, younger generation rewrite history and clean up our mess, the better.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm afraid we are now living in the blame society and anyone over 60 is fair game. Apparently, we are the intolerant, ignorant, insular generation who have destroyed the hopes of all future generations and the sooner we pop our clogs and move on and let the omniscient, younger generation rewrite history and clean up our mess, the better.
Sounds like you need to grow a pair of bollocks.

As far as I can see, the younger generation have every right to be upset with boomers. You benefitted from cheap housing, bullet proof pensions, free higher education and EU membership, and now not only do they have none of those things but boomers in general have actively voted to ensure that was the case. Meanwhile, boomers don't feel obliged to make the case for why what they've voted for is the right thing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Morgan’s hatred of Meghan and Harry boils down to one thing .

Jealousy.

He comes from Sussex,(the shame) and obviously had his eye on being the Duke of Sussex.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Anyone else find it odd Meghan has her life story poured over, doubts casts on her interpretation of events, and a complete character assasination ensued mainly perpetuated by the right wing media yet Boris Johnson, a serial adulterist (whilst one had cancer) lies blatently on a daily basis and every wednesday in parliament, lied to the queen, misled parliament, broke international law ( I could go on) yet he's a stand up bloke and should have our full admiration ?

Sadly, not odd at all. It's very planned indeed. Meghan is perceived to be a threat to the institution of the monarchy whereas Mr Johnson is actually a threat to the institutions his supporters hold so dear. Another difference is that Meghan holds no actual power (constitutionally) and is being held accountable for every little thing she says, whereas Johnson has all the power and is never held to account because he uses his power to line the pockets of those who own the agenda.

Try having a rational discussion with a Johnson die hard that doesn't include somewhere a reference to "Yeah, but WHAT IF CORBYN HAD WON?!". It's nigh on impossible

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Never been a fan particularly with some of the hysteria he whips up ie covid fear.

He's chosen his viewpoint on this and in the current climate he wont be allowed to have free speech.

Its what we've become unfortunately.

He will be replaced with someone who tows the line more as to not upset the campaigners

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Yes....someone you know nothing about but are happy to trash because I am an ' old white man ' A member of the useless, racist, xenophobic, thick sector of society, whose opinions count for nothing. Anything that doesn't fit neatly into the woke agenda is instantly condemned. You know nothing about me. You don't know I have a mixed race partner. You don't know I employ mixed race people, three or four different nationalities and one black person.You know nothing about me as I know nothing about you. I assume that you are a younger, left leaning wokeist, who doesn't employ anybody, hates Boris, Brexit, Farage, Trump, the Royal Family and all older white people ( apart from your relatives, of course )
There...summed you up.....No!.....Oh sorry......easy to get it wrong isn't it?

Well said

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Anyone else find it odd Meghan has her life story poured over, doubts casts on her interpretation of events, and a complete character assasination ensued mainly perpetuated by the right wing media yet Boris Johnson, a serial adulterist (whilst one had cancer) lies blatently on a daily basis and every wednesday in parliament, lied to the queen, misled parliament, broke international law ( I could go on) yet he's a stand up bloke and should have our full admiration ?

It's not odd given the nature of the British press, but it is scandalous. These high levels of scrutiny are not evenly applied and many groups of people are not held to the same standards as others. It is blatant and the media do not even try and hide it, you just need to look at the front pages.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Sounds like you need to grow a pair of bollocks.

As far as I can see, the younger generation have every right to be upset with boomers. You benefitted from cheap housing, bullet proof pensions, free higher education and EU membership, and now not only do they have none of those things but boomers in general have actively voted to ensure that was the case. Meanwhile, boomers don't feel obliged to make the case for why what they've voted for is the right thing.

I may be a bit slow but what is a boomer?..

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You missed trying to have a journalist beaten up as well

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Never been a fan particularly with some of the hysteria he whips up ie covid fear.

He's chosen his viewpoint on this and in the current climate he wont be allowed to have free speech.

He will be replaced with someone who tows the line more as to not upset the campaigners

Ha ha this is ridiculous if you don't mind me saying.

He has gone not because of his opinions, but because his style is no longer popular with the viewers. ITV I don't think give a monkey's about his opinion because frankly for 6 years they've tolerated all sorts of rubbish coming out of him. The only reason he's gone is because he no longer tips the viewing figures in the right direction.

'We' haven't become anything. ITV sells advertising inbetween Morgan's tirades and once that becomes less popular it's time for him to go. Think of it more like a football manager that has lost the dressing room than anything to do with free speech (which this has nothing to do with...).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Old lady downstairs from me is 75. In the early days of the pandemic she was desperately worried about her young granddaughter who had just started her first job in a care home. For a while back there, she felt that Piers Morgan was the only media pundit fighting the care home workers corner, getting seriously angry over the government's failure to provide PPE for frontline staff, and holding them to account. Quite telling that the two media outlets that 'had no government spokesman available' for long periods of the pandemic were GMB and Channel 4 News

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here