Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piers Morgan leaves GMB.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I was going by my two days of listening to LBC on the matter, they took calls from various black rights campaigning uni academics.

For example, one today said that the Royal Family even now are systemically and personally racist (she was challenged on that), it goes back to the 19th century. She and they called for an external inquiry into:

a) Who said the skin colour remark?: and
b) The culture of racism with the Royal family itself.

To me this is ludicrous. All we have is a skin colour remark by (I think) Charles. I think the family and system simply ostracises outspoken or free spirited outsiders ..... Diana, Ferguson.

Our gutter press and global social media is where efforts should be channeled.

I do get your own point about their staff and wider circle of hangers on.

I do agree about the ease they can find the voice for their narrative and they know the answer to the loaded questions, but listening today on R5 a black man phoned in along with 2 women, they expected him to tow the line, he didn't. When asked about questioning the colour of his children, he's married to a white women, " Yes too right we questioned what colour they'd be colour of their eyes everything. We discussed with our friends and family, no issue. We discussed it last night with our children and they all agreed there's not an issue." He then got vitriol from the two women.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I do agree about the ease they can find the voice for their narrative and they know the answer to the loaded questions, but listening today on R5 a black man phoned in along with 2 women, they expected him to tow the line, he didn't. When asked about questioning the colour of his children, he's married to a white women, " Yes too right we questioned what colour they'd be colour of their eyes everything. We discussed with our friends and family, no issue. We discussed it last night with our children and they all agreed there's not an issue." He then got vitriol from the two women.

But that...

1) Clearly isn't what the accusation is.
2) It's come from Harry, not Meghan.

I think you need to take a course or two.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But that...

1) Clearly isn't what the accusation is.
2) It's come from Harry, not Meghan.

I think you need to take a course or too.

Sorry please expand.

I need to go on a course or too (two)?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think that his points were robustly countered by Susannah Reid, Alex Beresford, Chris Ship and Shola Mos-Shogbamimu, so there was balance. It made for very good TV. I wouldn't say he was put in his place by the weatherman, I saw two people with equally valid perceptions having a frank exchange.

I think it's a dangerous thing if people cannot express their opinions. Morgan said he thought Meghan was lying, 41,000 people complained because they didn't like what they were hearing and now he's gone. There is a possibility he might be right (she is an actress after all) just as it is equally possible she was telling the truth.

I'm not going to defend him for quitting in the manner in which he did, although I think the GMB gig had long run its course and he's clearly rubbed his colleagues up the wrong way over a long period of time. It will be interesting to see how the ratings for that show go, and how they feel about that.

Code:

I think Piers will be missed on the Show.

I hate him. I hate his style but his style serves a purpose when coming up against other Bullshitters such asl Nigel Farage and in those instances he can be an Asset to the Media and ITV in particular.

However, where Alex Beresford excelled yesterday was. He managed to make it clear to the watching audience that Piers Morgan's attack on Meghan Markle was not a defence of the Royal Family. Nor was it an attempt to speak on behalf of some members of the Public.

Beresford correctly Called Morgan Out for making it Personal against Meghan Markle. He convinced me for one that his attack was Retribution for being cut off by Markle in recent history. And he is not being paid to make personal petulant retributive attacks.

So Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think it's a distraction to be honest.

Although, I do think there is a story in the fact that:

1) A middle aged journalist has never got over the fact he met the future wife of a prince in a pub for a drink for 90 mins years ago and she never got back to him.

2) He then aligns himself to her estranged family (from a complicated upbringing in another country) in a bizarre #MeTooMeghan mid life crises type moment.

3) He finally got so annoyed he loses his shit on air and loses his job.

4) He has supporters on here.

He lost me at tapping phones of parents of dead children.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Had to happen. To sit on national television as a presenter and accuse someone of being a liar, without evidence, over such a serious issue is astonishing.

But someone else will give him a job. Folk love watching this bile.

I detest the fat scrote , but she did lie , in fact there were so many contradictions that it`s hard to believe a word she says . She used the word " fact " after making a statement on a number of occasions , the only fact was that she lied . But slugs like PM will always find a platform , as you`ve said above people like bile .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I detest the fat scrote , but she did lie , in fact there were so many contradictions that it`s hard to believe a word she says . She used the word " fact " after making a statement on a number of occasions , the only fact was that she lied . But slugs like PM will always find a platform , as you`ve said above people like bile .

Oh, yes. I'm not going to cast verdicts on who is telling the truth here.

My gripe is that Morgan could be allowed to act in the manner he did. But he's gone now. I'm sure GB news will love him.

I still find it hard to believe he survives after the phone hacking scandal and the soldier pics. But there is a market.

I'm a very dull person, perhaps, and long for simple honest topical media with respectful and honest discourse. Morgan and the tabloids are part of the national embarrassment that forms our media. Where the serious has become pantomime.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Care to be more specific? You make it sound like everything was a lie.

From what I have heard, her perception regarding titles for her children may be wrong but then that may be explained by what she had previously been led to believe. So I'm intrigued to what you say was actually a lie.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Good riddance to bad news. Am hopeful his replacement will make Good Morning Britain a more inclusive space to digest the date news.

Edit: I see the excellent Ranvir Singh is taking over his duties, having a strong intelligent BAME take over, couldn't be more apt.

:clap2:

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I was talking about Mo Gosfield you halfwit.

Yes....someone you know nothing about but are happy to trash because I am an ' old white man ' A member of the useless, racist, xenophobic, thick sector of society, whose opinions count for nothing. Anything that doesn't fit neatly into the woke agenda is instantly condemned. You know nothing about me. You don't know I have a mixed race partner. You don't know I employ mixed race people, three or four different nationalities and one black person.You know nothing about me as I know nothing about you. I assume that you are a younger, left leaning wokeist, who doesn't employ anybody, hates Boris, Brexit, Farage, Trump, the Royal Family and all older white people ( apart from your relatives, of course )
There...summed you up.....No!.....Oh sorry......easy to get it wrong isn't it?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
We all know he could start an argument in an empty room and he's just one of those presenters who loves the sound of his own voice too much.

Won't be missed at all.

Maybe he, Katie Hopkins, and Donald Trump could join forces and create a new channel called 'Hate TV'.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Yes....someone you know nothing about but are happy to trash because I am an ' old white man ' A member of the useless, racist, xenophobic, thick sector of society, whose opinions count for nothing. Anything that doesn't fit neatly into the woke agenda is instantly condemned. You know nothing about me. You don't know I have a mixed race partner. You don't know I employ mixed race people, three or four different nationalities and one black person.You know nothing about me as I know nothing about you. I assume that you are a younger, left leaning wokeist, who doesn't employ anybody, hates Boris, Brexit, Farage, Trump, the Royal Family and all older white people ( apart from your relatives, of course )
There...summed you up.....No!.....Oh sorry......easy to get it wrong isn't it?

I’m afraid you’re wasting your with this individual, he may start on your family next, he may send you a threatening PM..who knows?
I think they call these fellows the tolerant left [emoji2371]

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Anyone else find it odd Meghan has her life story poured over, doubts casts on her interpretation of events, and a complete character assasination ensued mainly perpetuated by the right wing media yet Boris Johnson, a serial adulterist (whilst one had cancer) lies blatently on a daily basis and every wednesday in parliament, lied to the queen, misled parliament, broke international law ( I could go on) yet he's a stand up bloke and should have our full admiration ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here