Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piers Morgan leaves GMB.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I got to be honest, I want to disagree with piers Morgan however a lot of what he says is just honest and makes sense! It seems like u cannot just speak the truth or what u feel if it goes against the liberals!!!

Forgive me but I feel You confuse populist opinion with honesty, making simplistic arguments to complex issues to appeal to simple people, who intepret that as honesty or having the common touch

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I got to be honest, I want to disagree with piers Morgan however a lot of what he says is just honest and makes sense! It seems like u cannot just speak the truth or what u feel if it goes against the liberals!!!

Are you suggesting calling someone a liar with absolutely no evidence is being 'just honest'?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Blimey, you've been sucked in, but then again you are Morgan's oxygen.

Morgan is loaded by simply ranting in the direction he thinks the way the wind blows and gaining the support of people like you. He's been threatening to leave GMTV for ages because he hates the hours. Today was nothing more that a stage managed throwing the toys out the pram, so he get himself another "shock jock" gig on a better salary.

Let's look at his career so far.

Works for the Sun as a celebrity editor.

Re-invents himself as a left of centre campaigning editor for the Mirror (sacked)

Supports Trump.

Trump ****s up, disowns Trump.

Supports remain in the EU.

Leave wins, becomes "re-moaner" baiter par excellence.

Befriends Meghan Markle and promotes the fact that a mixed raced individual is marrying into the Royal Family.

She doesn't return his calls so spends the next few years in a personal bullying tirade against her.

Spends the last year holding up the Government to account over Covid response as the "man of the people".

Flies off to Antigua to spend Christmas when everyone else was encouraged to stay at home. Tw@t.

He is a weapons grade hypocritical opportunist chancer excuse for a journalist, but I'm sure he is happy for your support.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I’m against Cancel Culture and all opinions should be freely expressed (where legal and within reason .... eg not mocking online the dead former owner of LCFC/the copter crash). That includes from the majority ‘white’ people in this country, from the left and right.

Morgan eventually overstepped the line, with two hours x two days broadcasting obviously unbridled loathing for Markle. Accusing her of being a liar about mental illness and racism, all an act in his eyes. He clearly already hated the woman, her interview took him into overdrive. He was a man possessed.

I genuinely don’t think this was Cancel Culture or busybody liberals censoring free speech.

I believe there's some real issues afoot that do need a reaction. If a women cries rape who suffers? The accused is immediately guilty in the eyes of many and their lives destroyed along with their families. When it's proved that it is rubbish and the charges are dropped, rarely the women gets charged for false claims. The smoke without fire remains surrounding the man. But who really is the victim here? It's the many women who have been raped but aren't believed or are persuaded not to pursue it.

We are now getting to the stage in the media that if a women or man shouts racism, they can't be wrong they get loads of backers on TV who without any proof back the "victim". However if a white person calls for caution and for the facts to be studied they are now also wrong and also classed as racist. Now here with Meghan she hasn't given any evidence at all of where and when and by who this racism took place. This has tarred everyone of Harry's family (they later put out it wasn't his grandparents) but it was too late. The Royals today stated the course of events conflicted with them. Now that's as much as your likely to get from the Royals but the cats out of the bag. It's too late the damage is done and all without a shred of proof.

Tonight Diane Abbot appears now you try to change her views and her forthright loud mouthpiece, forget it it will never happen.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I believe there's some real issues afoot that do need a reaction. If a women cries rape who suffers? The accused is immediately guilty in the eyes of many and their lives destroyed along with their families. When it's proved that it is rubbish and the charges are dropped, rarely the women gets charged for false claims. The smoke without fire remains surrounding the man. But who really is the victim here? It's the many women who have been raped but aren't believed or are persuaded not to pursue it.

We are now getting to the stage in the media that if a women or man shouts racism, they can't be wrong they get loads of backers on TV who without any proof back the "victim". However if a white person calls for caution and for the facts to be studied they are now also wrong and also classed as racist. Now here with Meghan she hasn't given any evidence at all of where and when and by who this racism took place. This has tarred everyone of Harry's family (they later put out it wasn't his grandparents) but it was too late. The Royals today stated the course of events conflicted with them. Now that's as much as your likely to get from the Royals but the cats out of the bag. It's too late the damage is done and all without a shred of proof.

Tonight Diane Abbot appears now you try to change her views and her forthright loud mouthpiece, forget it it will never happen.

Your post I'm afraid does highlight the different way we react to the claims of a white man and a mixed raced women.

If you read the reports (I didn't watch the interview) it was her husband who reported the racism to her, so that's come from Harry.

Now you've thought about that, I doubt you would be complaining about Harry reporting racism from a close member of his family as without a "thread of proof".

Thus exposing your bias.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The dicks quite good at giving it out but him storming off ‘stage’ yesterday showed what a hypocrite he is

I only just watched it and yes typical of someone who has lost control. In amongst his rants he actually had some valid points but when put over the way he did just loses it.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Beat me to it!

The disrespect he showed Boris And Matt was just out of control, he just trolled them and abused them.

His number was well and truly up.

Sticky Hilary in his place, he speak sense and doesn't shout.

Sack the palace girl as she was just as bad.

Sorry, Hilary?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Regarding the Royal Family and the alleged racism, my personal view is that naive/socially awkward Charles asked the skin colour question. This can sometimes be said with warmth and curiosity (I only know this, because several mums in mixed heritage couples have called R5 and LBC to say this has happened with their spouse or in their non-racist supportive family). If it was Charles, I think he was just thick.

The calls for enquiries into institutional racism in the Royal Family, for the government to comment and intervene are imho a joke and a huge overreaction.

A grandad to be made a mistake with his question. That’s it.

Totally separate to that Markle found life in the Royal Family oppressive. I can believe that. I bet Diana, Sarah Ferguson felt the same.

Fair enough, she wants freedom in California. I wish them well.

The racism thing has been hyped out of reason. Not just the fault of Oprah and Markle, the UK media have embarked on a self fulfilling feeding frenzy. Feeding on a tiny racist scrap.

Like you probably, I find all racism abhorrent. Listening to Alex Beresford about the real and systemic racism he’s faced is what I’m interested in.

Not the Windsor’s side show.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It says a lot about the state of the country that anyone gives a shit about this.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Your post I'm afraid does highlight the different way we react to the claims of a white man and a mixed raced women.

If you read the reports (I didn't watch the interview) it was her husband who reported the racism to her. If you want evidence, ask her husband.

But the timeline was very different and she used it very deliberately for affect with a delayed pause when speaking of titles and security. It was to get the most out of the revelation, to tie it all together and the consequences of grouping those three very separate things had a huge impact. When Harry was asked about it, it was an isolated question and answer. Whether you agree or not she was playing to the audience. The security and title issues had nothing to do with race or colour but laid out in Royal protocol.

Ask her husband, who refuses to say anything more about it but is prepared for it to tarnish his whole family.

Do I know anything about racism? Maybe I do. Have I had to deal with racism close to me? Yes I have, big time within my family.

Have I had racism aimed at me? Yes a very frightening experience in America 30 years ago Did I think it was racism at the time? Probably not and debatable now however I was really lucky to get out of the situation, very lucky.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Regarding the Royal Family and the alleged racism, my personal view is that naive/socially awkward Charles asked the skin colour question. This can sometimes be said with warmth and curiosity (I only know this, because several mums in mixed heritage couples have called R5 and LBC to say this has happened with their spouse or in their non-racist supportive family). If it was Charles, I think he was just thick.

The calls for enquiries into institutional racism in the Royal Family, for the government to comment and intervene are imho a joke and a huge overreaction.

Totally separate to that Markle found life in the Royal Family oppressive. I can believe that. I bet Diana, Sarah Ferguson felt the same.

The racism thing has been hyped out of reason. Not just the fault of Oprah and Markle, the UK media have embarked on a self fulfilling feeding frenzy. Feeding on a tiny racist scrap.

Like you probably, I find all racism abhorrent. Listening to Alex Beresford about the real and systemic racism he’s faced is what I’m interested in.

I concur.

The oppressive nature for a successful person with full freedom prior must be bloody hard. But for her to say she knew nothing about beforehand does her no favours. Of course she knew what would happen. Perhaps they should have stepped back somewhat prior to the wedding, had a smaller get together and quietly gone about their business.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
But the timeline was very different and she used it very deliberately for affect with a delayed pause when speaking of titles and security. It was to get the most out of the revelation, to tie it all together and the consequences of grouping those three very separate things had a huge impact. When Harry was asked about it, it was an isolated question and answer. Whether you agree or not she was playing to the audience. The security and title issues had nothing to do with race or colour but laid out in Royal protocol.

I think you are a bit naïve. Nothing in that interview would have been said without both their approval and sign off and they would have sat in the edit suite as it was being edited.

Where Harry was naïve was thinking that the power of the accusation of racism would be more powerful coming from her rather than him. However the Palace heard it loud and clear.

You are also confusing Royal Protocol with "letters patent". Meghan does appear to be technically wrong, but it's a bit more complicated than that. All sorts of things are "laid out" but the Queen intervenes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I concur.

The oppressive nature for a successful person with full freedom prior must be bloody hard. But for her to say she knew nothing about beforehand does her no favours. Of course she knew what would happen. Perhaps they should have stepped back somewhat prior to the wedding, had a smaller get together and quietly gone about their business.

I lean towards that thinking too.

Harry also had understandable mental health problems. They both come from broken homes, his mum died tragically (money in his family does not mean the effect can be brushed aside).

I hope this has lanced their hurt now. Enough’s been said. At the human level, they should just get on with trying to be happy and raising their family.

I hope she doesn’t get drawn into still reading what the UK gutter press say about her. Unless it’s libellous, ignore the trolls and troll editors.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It says a lot about the state of the country that anyone gives a shit about this.

I think it's a distraction to be honest.

Although, I do think there is a story in the fact that:

1) A middle aged journalist has never got over the fact he met the future wife of a prince in a pub for a drink for 90 mins years ago and she never got back to him.

2) He then aligns himself to her estranged family (from a complicated upbringing in another country) in a bizarre #MeTooMeghan mid life crises type moment.

3) He finally got so annoyed he loses his shit on air and loses his job.

4) He has supporters on here.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think you are a bit naïve. Nothing in that interview would have been said without both their approval and sign off and they would have sat in the edit suite as it was being edited.

Where Harry was naïve was thinking that the power of the accusation of racism would be more powerful coming from her rather than him. However the Palace heard it loud and clear.

You are also confusing Royal Protocol with "letters patent". Meghan does appear to be technically wrong, but it's a bit more complicated than that. All sorts of things are "laid out" but the Queen intervenes.

I'm not naïve at all I know it was all staged managed between them.

Sorry yes letters patent (I couldn't think of the term) and he will be prince one day, if they/he wishes but security is not even down to the Queen or the Royals as protection is a matter solely for the government for the Royals, Ambassadors and political personnel.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think it's a distraction to be honest.

Although, I do think there is a story in the fact that:

1) A middle aged journalist has never got over the fact he met the future wife of a prince in a pub for a drink for 90 mins years ago and she never got back to him.

2) He then weirdly aligned himself to her estranged family from a complicated upbringing in another country.

3) He finally got so annoyed he lost his shit on air and lost his job.

4) He has supporters on here.

My immediate thought was for such a rich bloke what an ill fitting suit he was wearing as he stomped off, Made Boris look well dressed

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I've not seen the calls for an inquiry into institutional racism in the monarchy but if there is, I would think it wouldn't be aimed necessarily at the family but the private secretaries etc.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've not seen the calls for an inquiry into institutional racism in the monarchy but if there is, I would think it wouldn't be aimed necessarily at the family but the private secretaries etc.

I was going by my two days of listening to LBC on the matter, they took calls from various black rights campaigning uni academics.

For example, one today said that the Royal Family even now are systemically and personally racist (she was challenged on that), it goes back to the 19th century. She and they called for an external inquiry into:

a) Who said the skin colour remark?: and
b) The culture of racism with the Royal family itself.

To me this is ludicrous. All we have is a skin colour remark by (I think) Charles. I think the family and system simply ostracises outspoken or free spirited outsiders ..... Diana, Ferguson.

Our gutter press and global social media is where efforts should be channeled.

I do get your own point about their staff and wider circle of hangers on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here