[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
Majority, what a joke, that's a complete an utter lie, a handful "maybe"....but hey we've got a few nasty fans that follow us, but they pale into insignificance compared to way you've conducted yourselves over the whole "poogate" affair. Just admit your club has a history of being shabby, be it from the way it went in admin (twice) to avoid being wound up, to the general way your fans troll this message board. I don't know anyone (be they Albion or not) that has any affection for CPFC, to me its not really a proper London club anyway, just a grubby little suburb of Surrey that got swallowed up in the ever expanding metropolis.
What bitter, nonsensical bile you spout.

Dec 3, 2012
Albion chief executive Paul Barber sent out an e-mail to season-ticket holders on May 31 2013, updating them on various club matters. It included the following:-

Aside from DNA-testing, how would you expect the club to definitively know who the culprit was? I think the statement above, far from being "poor decision making", is a perfect example of a well-run club doing exactly what you would hope they would do; take the matter seriously, fully investigate it and make public to the stakeholders the finding of that investigation. But then, Albion are a classy club, as Ian Holloway admitted a few days after the incident:-

So, Palace got the win; Holloway got a bottle of wine and Palace went on to claim their Premier League millions. Albion? They settled for acting with decency, good grace and class.

It is a pity that you, [MENTION=28977]chamakh_attack[/MENTION], appear to be the only Palace poster on this thread who even comprehends what that last sentence means.

I don't think Holloway would've known at that stage. I do think that Palace could've put things straight presuming the board knew categorically (which is an assumption).

This holier than thou approach is a bit much though. As I posted earlier, swap the circumstances around and you'd get pretty much the same result.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Blimey , knickers in a twist or what .

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
Albion chief executive Paul Barber sent out an e-mail to season-ticket holders on May 31 2013, updating them on various club matters. It included the following:-

Aside from DNA-testing, how would you expect the club to definitively know who the culprit was? I think the statement above, far from being "poor decision making", is a perfect example of a well-run club doing exactly what you would hope they would do; take the matter seriously, fully investigate it and make public to the stakeholders the finding of that investigation. But then, Albion are a classy club, as Ian Holloway admitted a few days after the incident:-

So, Palace got the win; Holloway got a bottle of wine and Palace went on to claim their Premier League millions. Albion? They settled for acting with decency, good grace and class.

It is a pity that you, [MENTION=28977]chamakh_attack[/MENTION], appear to be the only Palace poster on this thread who even comprehends what that last sentence means.

So I am supposed to have seen an email to BHAFC season ticket holders?

That's all fair enough, Mine was a question as to why they made their statement to the wider audience when they were not to blame. I would not make a decision to admit to something that I did not do (on behalf of an entity I represent). I don't think that makes me classless. However now you have shared an email to BHAFC season ticket holders with me I understand why that was the case.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Please don't suggest that I have no comprehension of class, good grace and decency.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
What bitter, nonsensical bile you spout.

What part of that is non-sensical? The fact you are shabby, grubby and admin loving? Maybe the part about not being a real London football club is a personal one but I know many London football fans who wholeheartedly agree.

You won a football match against us, well done. but the nasty underhand way CPFC conducted themselves afterwards says EVERYTHING you need to know about the Nigel's.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
An apology from Crystal Palace would render unnecessary the withdrawal of our apology.

Don’t hold your breath for that, though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mine was a question as to why they made their statement to the wider audience when they were not to blame. I would not make a decision to admit to something that I did not do (on behalf of an entity I represent).[/b]

It would appear at the time of that statement that BHA took responsibility because the invesitgation didn't uncover the culprit. Meanwhile, the staff and owners of CPFC knew full well exactly who was responsible, they obviously chose not to let on to anyone BHA. Hence the full public apology which was subsequently offered (and accepted) by your owners, whilst your fans gleefully revelled in the shame and embarrassment it caused here from the media circus surrounding it.

Classless weasels running your club.

Dec 3, 2012
What part of that is non-sensical? The fact you are shabby, grubby and admin loving? Maybe the part about not being a real London football club is a personal one but I know many London football fans who wholeheartedly agree.

You won a football match against us, well done. but the nasty underhand way CPFC conducted themselves afterwards says EVERYTHING you need to know about the Nigel's.

I don't understand the "not a London club thing". Selhurst has a London postcode, an 0208 phone number and is situated in the London Borough of Croydon. There's a fair few indications there. It's a bit like saying Brighton isn't a City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports