Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Ward's Debut Brighton shirt and Debut England U21 for sale.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is he selling them for beer money?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I would have liked an Albion hero such as Ward to have chosen to donate the shirts to the club museum (or give it first refusal to buy it) rather than let them go into the hands of a private collector.

20 of your English pounds from me as well. We should be easily able to raise the money. And maybe someone who knows PW well could see if we can agree a private sale, it's going to be a bit messy if we have to bid. If we don't win the money has to be returned and if we do win but we have raised more money than we needed then we need to decide what to do with the surplus - return it or donate to REMF for example.

And I'm pretty sure the club would chip in as well.

Mind you. TB could outbid the lot of us!

Just noticed that the OP says that it's not PW selling, but someone who he knows very well. But I'm sure we could still organise a private sale. Shirley the financial clout of NSC could raise enough to agree a private sale, or outbid any collector if it did go to auction.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've sent the guy a message saying that if he wanted to come up with a fixed price then we may be able to buy them from him to donate to the museum, their rightful place.

TB should buy it.

I think you could argue that he has probably already bought his fair share of stuff.

I think it would be great if it could be bought by NSC and donated to the club musseum without any involvement of either TB or the club.

Just a pressie from us.

But before we go any further someone needs to check with PW that he is happy with this and will sign a certificate of authentification.

Assuming the seller is genuine and PW is in agreement the seller could give us an option to buy at a certain price within a given time limit.

Then we raise the dosh.

Maybe we sell shares at a fixed price to make it fair for everyone. Then we just need X no of contributors.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I've sent the guy a message saying that if he wanted to come up with a fixed price then we may be able to buy them from him to donate to the museum, their rightful place.

Good work Bozza, these really do need to be at the museum, and even better if the good folk of NSC could all own just a little bit of our history !

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
This will be the England U21 shirt he was going to give me as a thanks for letting him stay with me on visits. Sad to see he's selling it now.

But I'll chip in 20 quid because this should be in the club museum.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This will be the England U21 shirt he was going to give me as a thanks for letting him stay with me on visits. Sad to see he's selling it now.

But I'll chip in 20 quid because this should be in the club museum.

Maybe you could hold him to his word then donate it to the club museum....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here