Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Ward's Debut Brighton shirt and Debut England U21 for sale.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are these the shirts in question? These photos were taken Oct 2010, Wardy with his first 2 Albion shirts, and his England shirts, he posed for the photos for a mutual friend at my request so I could add the images to my website.

extra_football_shirt_5691_1.jpg

football_shirt_20156_2_376x450x0.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The mystery lives on as to who is selling them, personally as Wardy was invited to the Amex at the opening perhaps he should offer them first to the proposed museum.

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
Well stop posting crap then. Tell us if it is you or Wardy that is selling these shirts because we are going round in circles here. Did you buy them off Wardy and are now looking to make a profit? Or are you selling them for him? I get the impression you don't know the man.

YES I am selling them and YES I do know Wardy, and NO I'm not making a profit!!(see previous posts) and NO I'm not bitter that he cut all ties with you.

Last edited:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
YES I am selling them and YES I do know Wardy and NO I'm not bitter that he cut all ties with you.

Well I'm glad you've cleared that up. But don't try and tell us that he's selling them as a selfless act. Good luck with selling them though.

And why would you not be bitter that we've cut ties? Bizarre. Anyway off to see Bad Manners now.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Well I'm glad you've cleared that up. But don't try and tell us that he's selling them as a selfless act. Good luck with selling them though.

And why would you not be bitter that we've cut ties? Bizarre. Anyway off to see Bad Manners now.

Papajaff, i can confirm that xollob does actually know Wardy and is in fact a very good friend of his.

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton

Ok glad it's cleared up and yes I am saying exactly that. Enjoy bad manners

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would have liked an Albion hero such as Ward to have chosen to donate the shirts to the club museum (or give it first refusal to buy it) rather than let them go into the hands of a private collector.

Are there not a couple of posters who know him through their work on here for charidee ? Maybe they could ask him about that.

BrightonBiatch

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton, United Kingdom
I like to join in this debate and say that im aware that the shirts are genuine and they are indeed being sold for an extremely good cause,Wardy is legend its a self less act by wardy and I salute him for this he trying to do something amazing for a cause close to his heart ( well must be special to put these up for offer)

LEGEND THATS ALL I CAN SAY

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This all seems very mysterious and I'm not entirely comfortable with it all.

It might be helpful of those involved answered the below very explicitly...

1. Who do the shirts currently belong to?
2. If they are not owned by 'the great man', how did the current owner come to own them?
3. Will proof of the provenance of the shirts be provided? Is so when and in what form?
4. What is the good cause the owner is selling the shirts to fund?
5. Would the current owner prefer the shirts to remain in the Albion community, possibly at the upcoming Amex Albion museum or is a maximum financial return the sole objective?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I actually read the T&C of NSC and was under the impression that swearing or insults were NOT allowed on here but I obviously misunderstood them and now maybe in the futur, when I'm not be able to think of anything sensible to say, I too could revert to foul and abusive posting.

Players are not supposed to foul or handle the ball in football. They do.

People are not supposed to exceed 70mph on a motorway. They do.

As in those situations, if the 'rules' are seen to be broken on NSC then action is taken.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton

2. If they are not owned by 'the great man', how did the current owner come to own them?
3. Will proof of the provenance of the shirts be provided? Is so when and in what form?
5. Would the current owner prefer the shirts to remain in the Albion community, possibly at the upcoming Amex Albion museum or is a maximum financial return the sole objective?

Totally this.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I have just done some digging around on Facebook and xollob has posted this as a link on the He Shot He Scored It Must Be Peter Ward group
Improve Your Experience | Facebook

Is this the good cause xollob wants the money to support?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

agree entirely, but if its authentic, as it seems to be and Wardy would personalise it. I cannot see why at first the club are not given first refusal. It could meet every objective. The cause, whatever it is could still get the best financial return and the fans for generations could get a national treasure in the museum.

It would be nice if xollob can sate whether the club have at least been contacted. If anyone knows TB, I am sure as he is a fan, he would want these in the Albions hands.

Everyone could get what they are looking for out of the it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here