Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Ward's Debut Brighton shirt and Debut England U21 for sale.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Given the sums being discussed, I don't think I'll be pursuing this. Experience suggests that to raise £4k, we'd need around £5k of pledges as there is always a drop-off between those who pledge and those who actually pay.

Our annual fund-raising for the player shirt sponsorship raises c£1500, so we'd need fund-raising at a level far beyond what we have ever achieved before.

any chance of the club helping? i think its more like 3k.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If i was the owner i would 'Lend' them to the museum for all to see knowing i still own them.I suppose he needs the dosh though.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
If i was the owner i would 'Lend' them to the museum for all to see knowing i still own them.I suppose he needs the dosh though.

Sadly yes. Squandered all his dosh. Was on a good salary at Forest. Silly boy

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

And now he's squandered his shirts as well.

Why? The club (TB) is opening a museum. The club (TB) can easily afford to buy a few momentos.

Whether TB can afford is not the point. He can afford it more than I can afford the 20 quid I'm happy to chip in.

The point is really two points. 1 why should he and 2 I think it would be a nice gesture from us to do it on our own.

But I totally agree with Bozza that if we are looking at something like 4 grand, then that's too much. NSC wouldn't be able to raise that amount of money and in any case I don't think the two shirts are worth anything like that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is the shirt currently owned by Peter Ward or Kevin Budd?

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton

from putting him up when in UK to silly boy !!!

If anybody actually knew the circumstances leading up to this proposed sale then you would rightly be ashamed at the turncoat remarks being posted on here. In my opinion a proposed selfless sacrifice of his most treasured possessions has been met with nothing but vile insults and frustrated accusations from a group that even Bozza admits a fifth of the members do not honour their pledges. Wardy was and still is a legend and apart from that a GOOD MAN, So why would you all want, In your own words, the "discarded shirts" of a "Silly Boy" in the museum, Again I say that if the circumstances of this proposed selfless act were Known then you would hang your heads in shame. Rant over

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

If anybody actually knew the circumstances leading up to this proposed sale then you would rightly be ashamed at the turncoat remarks being posted on here. In my opinion a proposed selfless sacrifice of his most treasured possessions has been met with nothing but vile insults and frustrated accusations from a group that even Bozza admits a fifth of the members do not honour their pledges. Wardy was and still is a legend and apart from that a GOOD MAN, So why would you all want, In your own words, the "discarded shirts" of a "Silly Boy" in the museum, Again I say that if the circumstances of this proposed selfless act were Known then you would hang your heads in shame. Rant over

Kevin? Can I assume that Wardy is going to use the money for some good cause?

More importantly, have you contacted BHAfc to ask them if they would like to purchase them?

Whatever Wardys motivations are his business, and I agree with your sentiments entirely. Ill Informed sniping is common.

Is there anyway you could suggest or facilitate that the ownership of the shirts could be given first refusal to the club before a more general sale?

They are crown jewels from our best and most respected player, and to have them hanging proudly in the Amex would benefit past and future generations to the best and most exciting player ever to wear our shirt.

Of course they are hot property and anyone would be proud to own them. If the club cannot meet any private valuation, is there any way, that as a condition of sale it could be negotiated for the proud new owner allows them to be loaned for display in the museum for certain periods, Much like precious art works

Last edited:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton

You really do need to find something to do. No one on here has thrown vile insults at him. From what I can see, a bit of a campaign to buy the shirts was discussed.

I said he was a silly boy for squandering the money he used to be on. In his own words he told me "I've always been effing useless with money". He also sold a house he had in Hove for peanuts when he was advised to keep it by his Mum and Dad. Now worth a million plus. I do still love the man as Bwian points out. It's his wife I can't stand.

So xollob, thanks for your words even though you are way off the mark. And go f*** yourself.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

There are no turncoats in here. We all regard Peter Ward as a hero who has done so much in his playing days to put our club on the map.

However, it is understandable that there are reservations at raising the funds required to get those shirts into the museum. It is also understandable why people are asking why the shirts aren't being donated to the museum (or the people behind the museum being given first refusal on a sale) rather than sold, potentially, to a private seller. If you are aware of some kind of greater selfless motivation for the selling of the shirts (but weren't saying until now that there is one), you can't blame people for expressing the thought that they are less than willing to contribute to an asking price of over £3,000 for a single shirt.

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
another pint of bothered please barman

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
One more thing to add. Sad as it is for me to say it, this isn't a selfless act. Wardy likes to make a quick buck here and there. I told him to just put some of his stuff in the club museum when we get it. THAT would be a selfless act.

If he were to make a few quid from the sale of the shirts, I would be happy for him. But I just hope the buyer is one of us and they get to go on show where it is appropriate.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, assuming they're genuine is it Wardie selling the shirts or someone who acquired them? If the money's going to Wardie I hope they go for £50,000. If it's just going to some random guy who was lucky enough to acquire them, well I'm not too fussed at the price. Either way I tend to agree with Bozza that anything over a grand would be pushing it for NSC to raise, although I would be interested in contributing if the seller was Ward himself.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I do not really understand where all tha anger on this thread has come from?

Firstly I think that 'xollob' should somehow prove the authenticity of these shirts. Secondly, the good people of NSC should accept that the owner of the items can do as he/she wishes with them.

After that, maybe 'xollob' could tell us if he/she would be willing to offer them to either the club or NSC on an exclusive basis.

For what it is worth, I smell a rat......

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
my last post not at you goldstone rapper and I apologies if you thought I was being rude to your good self , It was in reply to suggestion that I go f*** myself comment by another contributor, I actually read the T&C of NSC and was under the impression that swearing or insults were NOT allowed on here but I obviously misunderstood them and now maybe in the futur, when I'm not be able to think of anything sensible to say, I too could revert to foul and abusive posting. Again apologies for any misunderstanding,

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
my last post not at you goldstone rapper and I apologies if you thought I was being rude to your good self , It was in reply to suggestion that I go f*** myself comment by another contributor, I actually read the T&C of NSC and was under the impression that swearing or insults were NOT allowed on here but I obviously misunderstood them and now maybe in the futur, when I'm not be able to think of anything sensible to say, I too could revert to foul and abusive posting. Again apologies for any misunderstanding,

Well stop posting crap then. Tell us if it is you or Wardy that is selling these shirts because we are going round in circles here. Did you buy them off Wardy and are now looking to make a profit? Or are you selling them for him? I get the impression you don't know the man.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Apology accepted, I understand now that you were not intending to be rude to me, and I take back reacting to your post in a negative way.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'll make a suggestion...

Usually, when items of this kind are put on auction it is expected that photos of the items will be published, a statement is put out by the player who wore the shirt, and if there is a good cause, this is mentioned up front.

Right now, we have no released photos, no statement from Wardy, no public statement giving a first refusal to the club museum, and no clarity on who currently owns the shirts. xollob, if these things were forthcoming (and Im not saying all this is down to you) it would really help with taking things forward so there is a good price for the shirt and supporters aren't left with the dissatisfaction of seeing unique items in their club's history being sold off and them not ever seeing them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here