Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will be honest, I couldn't find the thread ( yes I used the search function, I certainly could have tried harder but it didn't appear straight away). The way I am aware of his departure does not risk anyone's job - it could be argued that I shouldn't have shared the info but I didn't feel that it would be especially damaging to do so. We've known of interest for a while, but from I've heard today he is now leaving. I don't know where he's going even, if I wanted to guess it would be to Al Ahly as reported, but I have no insight on that.

Sorry I've upset you - will be sure to keep to myself next time. [emoji106]
Your info is interesting. Please do not keep it to yourself because of the sour-faced fun police. lol.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is he throwing in the Tau?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
And all the recruitment team 'intelligence' and due diligence that led up the the decision to sign the player in the first place? Got any stunning insights into that? Apart from maybe the obvious one that the club's recruitment team are seriously shit?

We signed him for £2.7m, which is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. The club obviously thought he had potential which was worth investing in. Maybe we'll sell him for a profit.

Hardly a disaster, not sure why you're overacting. :flounce:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One problem for Tau is that he is in the way of Khedra and now Richards, both of whom have a bigger potential and hence need game time. Personally I don't think he is quite good enough for the Premier League, but I suspect blocking those two also is a factor

Well he certainly isn't blocking Khadra, who won't be with us this season. Wouldn't be surprised if Richards isn't either - so the idea that Percy is blocking both of those two is definately a horse that won't run.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Whilst it's simple, it does make you wonder if the club actually got it wrong when they signed him and didn't realise he couldn't.
It's a convoluted plan and at the time of signing, was there any indication that he would get a permit a couple of years down the line?

It was widely reported at the time it would be very difficult for him to get a work permit.

The new Brexit rules were what enabled him to come here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes you could be right. For clarity on my behalf the wording is worrying purely from a viable bodies point of view - especially given the NM ban. I just thought he was further along, but perhaps that was just wishful thinking on my part?? I guess he looked well off the pace at Luton, so in that respect it's not a huge surprise but we're seriously struggling for numbers up top.

It's a bit of a worry. I hope Mwepu and Biss start banging them in...

Still, I'm fairly positive we'll be okay.
What NM ban?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The fault lies fairly and squarely with the club somewhere along the way. Was he originally targeted by some flakey algorithm? Why immediately farm him out to the Eurozone? Why then go to all that effort to bring him back here only for Arctic Benny to decide he don't fancy playing him. Percy Tau has every right to feel disgusted with his treatment at the hands of BHAFC. I for one wish him nothing but well in his future career. BHAFC recruitment dept has largely lost the plot. IMHO, like

Is the Lion noshing your knob?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Shout as much as you like, but TB's algorithm is clearly a piece of shit - and no substitute for experienced scouting humans. Though quite how many of them would be prepared to tell him the bad news while at the same time being paid by him is quite another matter :shrug:

how much would humans cost to scout the world? very poorly thought through argument

tom tit, bored, working from home, desperate for attention again

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
how much would humans cost to scout the world? very poorly thought through argument

tom tit, bored, working from home, desperate for attention again

Tommy, seeking attention? Whatever gave you that idea?

Tommy.jpg

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It was widely reported at the time it would be very difficult for him to get a work permit.

The new Brexit rules were what enabled him to come here.

Fine. So that make the decision to sign him even more questionable.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have it on good authority he will be departing.

Shame, seemed like a 'fun' player that could have been very popular. Not that he needs more fans looking at his South African following!

Perhaps his departure opens the door to an incoming. Delay in announcing it could well mean there is something in the works, but no info on that sadly. Personally think Connolly could have an exciting season, 7 + goals from him would be great to see.

Best of luck to the Lion of Judah!

Has he gone yet?

Stumpy Tim

Well he certainly isn't blocking Khadra, who won't be with us this season. Wouldn't be surprised if Richards isn't either - so the idea that Percy is blocking both of those two is definately a horse that won't run.

Neither have gone yet, and of course that would be for one season. I would suggest the club has their eye on the long-term

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Anyone know when the Egyptian xfer window closes? From the few news reports I read about this it seemed it may be before August 31 but I saw no specific date.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here