Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy off.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
As it's not a big fee and we're quite short, I'm hoping we give him a chance in the first couple of games and see how he gets on. If we choose not to go through with the deal, no big loss - if he's able to play a role in our team then he should. He's our Lion until we say otherwise.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Clue is that's what I posted.

Clearly you disagree.as is your absolute right. But you need to do better than that with a counter argument.

If it was widely reported at the time it would be very difficult for him to get a work permit, how is that not a questionable decision to sign him?
Please explain why you think it was not questionable.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Clue is that's what I posted.

Clearly you disagree.as is your absolute right. But you need to do better than that with a counter argument.

If it was widely reported at the time it would be very difficult for him to get a work permit, how is that not a questionable decision to sign him?
Please explain why you think it was not questionable.

We signed the guy for £2.7m, which is peanuts in todays game. He was playing in the South African league, which is a very low standard compared to the Premier League. However, we obviously thought he had potential as either a) a future Brighton player b) a player we could sell on at a profit.

The work permit is pretty irrelevant as he was almost certain to go out on loan to help his adjustment from the South African league to Europe.

Big teams do this a lot, Chelsea in particular. They sign players, loan them out and then sell them having never played a game for them.

So long story short, it was a low risk investment of which the work permit wasn't really that relevant.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not many people can say they’ve acted in a professional capacity in Luton, a memory he will cherish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We signed the guy for £2.7m, which is peanuts in todays game. He was playing in the South African league, which is a very low standard compared to the Premier League. However, we obviously thought he had potential as either a) a future Brighton player b) a player we could sell on at a profit.

The work permit is pretty irrelevant as he was almost certain to go out on loan to help his adjustment from the South African league to Europe.

Big teams do this a lot, Chelsea in particular. They sign players, loan them out and then sell them having never played a game for them.

So long story short, it was a low risk investment of which the work permit wasn't really that relevant.

Thanks for the explanation Paul. Or is it Tony?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Have it on good authority he will be departing.

Shame, seemed like a 'fun' player that could have been very popular. Not that he needs more fans looking at his South African following!

Perhaps his departure opens the door to an incoming. Delay in announcing it could well mean there is something in the works, but no info on that sadly. Personally think Connolly could have an exciting season, 7 + goals from him would be great to see.

Best of luck to the Lion of Judah!

Has he gone yet or have you sacked your good authority?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has he gone yet or have you sacked your good authority?
He can't go until August 27th when the Egypt transfer window opens.

Well, he could I suppose be announced but the final paperwork can't be registered.

The goading of the OP is pretty sad.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He can't go until August 27th when the Egypt transfer window opens.

Well, he could I suppose be announced but the final paperwork can't be registered.

The goading of the OP is pretty sad.

:facepalm:

I’d also expect to see Tau in the squad today bearing in mind Welbeck is crocked, Andone might never play at this level again and Locadia is not fit. If the rumours about Connolly flouncing in training are true too, we’re going to need him.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
I’d also expect to see Tau in the squad today bearing in mind Welbeck is crocked, Andone might never play at this level again and Locadia is not fit. If the rumours about Connolly flouncing in training are true too, we’re going to need him.

AC flouncing in training ? Has this been mentioned elsewhere?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Connolly & Tau both out for personal reasons.

Tau’s is clearly because he is waiting for the Egyptian window to open.

Connolly’s is hopefully an upcoming loan rather than a tantrum.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gosh, that's one more for the Wicker Man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here