Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy off.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Player was never given a proper chance here. Major failings by the club. They need to have a serious word with themselves, else they're doomed to do the exact same thing all over again. And again...

You have absolutely no knowledge of the situation. No idea what he looked like in training, no idea about his attitude, no idea about how he integrated with the rest of the squad, no idea how he coped with the physicality of football in this country, no idea of his mental state about being in a country thousands of miles from home, and absolutely no idea about why Potter (and / or Percy) have decided this isn't the place for him.

So quite how you can say it is 'major failings by the club', I have no idea (other than that classic thing people do these days of looking at a situation from a position of complete ignorance and immediately making a firm judgement on it).

We've been in the Premier League 5 seasons now. How many other clubs have been relegated out of it in that time? If that situation is us being 'doomed' then I'm good with that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Makes you wonder why on earth we wasted all that time loaning him out to play in Belgium for a couple of seasons whilst we waited for his work permit to come through, if we were only going to move him on without really giving him any match time.

Oh well, l suppose we have a few thousand new followers on the African sub-Continent now anyway.

The fault lies fairly and squarely with the club somewhere along the way. Was he originally targeted by some flakey algorithm? Why immediately farm him out to the Eurozone? Why then go to all that effort to bring him back here only for Arctic Benny to decide he don't fancy playing him. Percy Tau has every right to feel disgusted with his treatment at the hands of BHAFC. I for one wish him nothing but well in his future career. BHAFC recruitment dept has largely lost the plot. IMHO, like

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The fault lies fairly and squarely with the club somewhere along the way. Was he targeted by some flakey algorithm? Why immediately farm him out to the Eurozone? Why then go to all that effort to bring him back here only for Arctic Benny to decide he don't fancy playing him. Percy Tau had every right to feel disgusted with his treatment at the hands of BHAFC. I for one wish him nothing but well in his future career

Do you expect every player we sign to work out? How do you know the fault is with the club and not Percy? Or even, God forbid, somewhere in the middle? (I know we don't do that these days, everyone has to pick a side as if everything is some kind of binary decision). Or perhaps there is no 'fault' on either side, it just didn't work out, like millions of employment decisions across the world don't. I'm sure the £3.5 million he's supposedly being paid for this move will soften the blow of his 'treatment' at the hands of the club. I can't imagine he'll be feeling too much ill will towards the Albion somehow.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You have absolutely no knowledge of the situation. No idea what he looked like in training, no idea about his attitude, no idea about how he integrated with the rest of the squad, no idea how he coped with the physicality of football in this country, no idea of his mental state about being in a country thousands of miles from home, and absolutely no idea about why Potter (and / or Percy) have decided this isn't the place for him.

So quite how you can say it is 'major failings by the club', I have no idea (other than that classic thing people do these days of looking at a situation from a position of complete ignorance and immediately making a firm judgement on it).

We've been in the Premier League 5 seasons now. How many other clubs have been relegated out of it in that time? If that situation is us being 'doomed' then I'm good with that.

I've got exactly as much idea as you have :shrug:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
The fault lies fairly and squarely with the club somewhere along the way. Was he originally targeted by some flakey algorithm? Why immediately farm him out to the Eurozone? Why then go to all that effort to bring him back here only for Arctic Benny to decide he don't fancy playing him. Percy Tau has every right to feel disgusted with his treatment at the hands of BHAFC. I for one wish him nothing but well in his future career. BHAFC recruitment dept has largely lost the plot. IMHO, like

Because he couldn't get a work permit.

Then he could.

Then after he joined the team, we decided he wasn't good enough.

Pretty simple really.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Percy Tau has every right to feel disgusted with his treatment at the hands of BHAFC.

:laugh: :drama:

:facepalm:

Get a grip!

He has been plucked out of a noddy league, paid (I assume) a decent amount of money, sent out on loan to play whilst we sort out his complex work permit issues, then brought back into the squad when we could.

He hasn't shown enough to make it with us and is now being sold. :shrug:

Sure as sh|t, given the team's performance in front of goal last season, if he was good enough, he would have played.

Exactly what DISGUSTING treatment are you talking about? Have you got wind of something the club should be worried about, or are you just throwing around deliberately extreme opinion to attract attention? (again)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Because he couldn't get a work permit.

Then he could.

Then after he joined the team, we decided he wasn't good enough.

Pretty simple really.

And all the recruitment team 'intelligence' and due diligence that led up the the decision to sign the player in the first place? Got any stunning insights into that? Apart from maybe the obvious one that the club's recruitment team are seriously shit?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
:laugh: :drama:

:facepalm:

Get a grip!

He has been plucked out of a noddy league, paid (I assume) a decent amount of money, sent out on loan to play whilst we sort out his complex work permit issues, then brought back into the squad when we could.

He hasn't shown enough to make it with us and is now being sold. :shrug:

Sure as sh|t, given the team's performance in front of goal last season, if he was good enough, he would have played.

Exactly what DISGUSTING treatment are you talking about? Have you got wind of something the club should be worried about, or are you just throwing around deliberately extreme opinion to attract attention? (again)

Talking about the club's recruitment team's lack of intelligence in signing up the player in the first place. Unless of course they were under orders from above to adhere to some crappy algorithm or other

SAC

May 21, 2014
Bought a good player, made him better, gave him Prem time although he was never going to be a Prem player, sell for a massive profit. Good business.

I thought he was bought for £3 million and being sold for £1.5 million, hardly a massive profit. In the scheme of things, hardly a massive loss either.

Some transfers work out, some don't. If he was good enough, he would have played.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He came in for a small fee. I'm sure we've already reclaimed the fee through the loan spells away from the club. Who knows the value added by all the social media users we picked up by signing him. He's now being sold for a fee, so I would imagine that there is a profit on the player which is good business. If he had made more of an impression on the team then he could have really repaid the investment but overall you'd have to say it was a good deal for us and the player. I'd have loved to see more from him, especially his goal celebration. What a character.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
For sure. Tho my narrative is WAY more compelling than yours :wink:

So you admit that you know absolutely nothing about what has happened but the club should be ashamed and the recruitment team is shit because you feel that the narrative arc of your made up bollocks is more artistically pleasing than other people's made up bollocks?

Fair play to you!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Talking about the club's recruitment team's lack of intelligence in signing up the player in the first place. Unless of course they were under orders from above to adhere to some crappy algorithm or other

How is this disgusting treatment of the player by the club?

If the recruitment team want to identify me (incorrectly) as the answer to the club's scoring woes, they are free to put in a bid. I'll happily pick up a premier league wage while being loaned out to a level of football that's more aligned with my talent, then be sold after trousering a few £m. I certainly wouldn't need a middle-aged keyboard warrior to clutch his pearls, shout for a policeman and claim DISGUSTING TREATMENT on my behalf.

It's not only you by a long shot, but I do find the need to vent (unfounded) extreme opinions on the internet very strange indeed. Isn't it just tiring, or do you just like the attention it brings?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How is this disgusting treatment of the player by the club?

If the recruitment team want to identify me (incorrectly) as the answer to the club's scoring woes, they are free to put in a bid. I'll happily pick up a premier league wage while being loaned out to a level of football that's more aligned with my talent, then be sold after trousering a few £m. I certainly wouldn't need a middle-aged keyboard warrior to clutch his pearls, shout for a policeman and claim DISGUSTING TREATMENT on my behalf.

It's not only you by a long shot, but I do find the need to vent (unfounded) extreme opinions on the internet very strange indeed.Isn't it just tiring, or do you just like the attention it brings?

Really couldn't give the slighest shit about any 'attention it brings'. Just saying my thing, same as everybody else does.Sorry (=Not Sorry) if that offends you in some strange way. My bad. Never meant to TRIGGER you :shrug:

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
For sure. Tho my narrative is WAY more compelling than yours :wink:

Sounds like a poll may be needed on that :)

For what its worth Im with Commander.

Why would Percy be Disgusted? I suppose the club should be Embarrased because its an utter Disgrace etc. etc.

He didn't exactly set the world on fire in Belgium. We took a closer look before moving him on (if indeed we move him on).

He got a lot richer, he seemed pretty happy actually, he'll get another big pay day when he signs on else where.

More histrionics for no reason.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Really couldn't give the slighest shit about any 'attention it brings'. Just saying my thing, same as everybody else does.Sorry (=Not Sorry) if that offends you in some strange way. My bad. Never meant to TRIGGER you :shrug:

If I may interject, with my humble opinion regarding the Percy issue. I tend to agree, as all players are very well paid (slightly odd to focus solely on that really), that he probably deserved one or two more run outs as a 10 or indeed 9 towards the end of least season. As for giving him a decent run out in our one semi decent friendly performance, a game in which he scored a pretty good goal... and then promptly disappeared from view hmmmmmmmm good luck to him.

I must stress I don't feel sorry for him, BUT surely he could have offered a little more if given time and confidence.

But what do any of us know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here