Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pep - ‘Brighton are like a Michelin starred restaurant’

Jul 7, 2003
I will be very disappointed if Haaland doesn't get a run out. He is one of the best footballers at the moment and I'd like to be able to say in future that 'I saw him play'. Just don't let him score.
I get that. However, I am happy to wait to see him play at the Amex next season rather than him try to break more records tomorrow night.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don't get me wrong, I think he is right! I was just a bit cringy at the effusiveness of it. Guess I am not comfortable dealing with compliments and always looking to see what is behind it.
Pep is in the same league as Fergie.
Puts his money where his mouth is, knows when the time is right to get rid of big time players and knows his onions, especially the Italian variety.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He's not yet transformed a team who haven't already been winning. Frank RiJkaard won consecutive La Liga's and a Champions League after 7 years without a trophy for Barca before Pep took over, and it was him who bought young players like Iniesta, Messi and Valdes into the team. Pep took over a winning side. Likewise Jupp Heynckes won the league and CL before Pep took over - another winning machine. Pellegrini and Mancini won the PL before Pep took over. Great manager to sustain success, but he's never had the challenge of creating success from very little.
It’s a fair point but he’s never needed to take over a mediocre or struggling team…….. and he never will now. He’s the boss of bosses.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pep is right, De Zerbi introduced his style to Sassuolo and helped to change how football is played in Italy, it’s no longer the defensive game we associate with the Italians. You can see teams trying to copy our patterns of play over here now, granted usually comically badly, but he is having an influence. It’s amazing really, I hope he’s here for a long time and keeps ahead of the opposition tactically.
If Mitoma had clipped his chance into the net as he should have done (rather than hitting the post), after all those olés from Southampton fans, I do feel I'd probably have pissed myself laughing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Random fact I found out the other day - the Michelin star thing is by the same Michelin who do tyres and gave us the Michelin man. There ya go.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
He's always slimy like this, with the majority of other teams and coaches. He lives for the ego inflation when they inevitably win but then complains and throws the toys out of the pram after a rare loss, see Potter's mad celebrations.

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
They are friends, they talk on the phone.

The admiration is mutual.

Pep speaks good Italian, Roberto bad English.

It will be a good match.

They will try to fight.

I would like a friendly draw.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The Albion are El Bulli! What restaurant are other teams?
Leeds - Harry Ramsdens - Spent years pretending to be the best at something quite basic that many others do much better;
Palace - Dominos - 'Hello, I ordered a new stadium 12 years ago' - 'Yes mate, It's on it's way now.'
Leicester - Wimpy - Hard to believe that this over-priced crap was once the brand leader in it's range;
Newcastle - Jamie Oliver's - Success doesn't alter how annoying your manager is.
Man Utd - McDonalds - Fans in every place in the World, all of them wrong.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just said in his press conference that Brighton are changing the landscape on how the game is played.

Also reaffirmed the fact that in his opinion we are the best team in the world at judging the timing of the pass and building from the back.

Effusive praise indeed.
I don't like it. He talked about the challenge for his players and how our game was great preparation for their finals.

Why can't he just take a ****ing day off for Christ's sake.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's not yet transformed a team who haven't already been winning. Frank RiJkaard won consecutive La Liga's and a Champions League after 7 years without a trophy for Barca before Pep took over, and it was him who bought young players like Iniesta, Messi and Valdes into the team. Pep took over a winning side. Likewise Jupp Heynckes won the league and CL before Pep took over - another winning machine. Pellegrini and Mancini won the PL before Pep took over. Great manager to sustain success, but he's never had the challenge of creating success from very little.
Did he take over a winning side? Although he did well initially, I thought Rijkaard petered out towards the end of his Barca tenure hence they brought in Pep?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I don't like it. He talked about the challenge for his players and how our game was great preparation for their finals.

Why can't he just take a ****ing day off for Christ's sake.
Agreed. Absolute busy bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here