Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pep - ‘Brighton are like a Michelin starred restaurant’

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Just said in his press conference that Brighton are changing the landscape on how the game is played.

Also reaffirmed the fact that in his opinion we are the best team in the world at judging the timing of the pass and building from the back.

Effusive praise indeed.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I do remember him heaping praise on us a couple of seasons ago and then throwing a bit of a hissy fit when we beat them

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I do remember him heaping praise on us a couple of seasons ago and then throwing a bit of a hissy fit when we beat them
Not quite; hissy was against Potter in a rare show of over emotion that included crowing at the City bench after Webster scored in 3-2 win. GP apologised afterwards. Perhaps RDZ can do a knee slide up to Pep this time?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Pep can be very sullen and taciturn with the media at times, and like all top managers he's an incredibly bad loser. But when he's more relaxed I quite enjoy his perspectives. I suspect he's genuine in his admiration in this case, and that's a big compliment to everyone at Brighton who have helped get the club to this stage.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pep can be very sullen and taciturn with the media at times, and like all top managers he's an incredibly bad loser. But when he's more relaxed I quite enjoy his perspectives. I suspect he's genuine in his admiration in this case, and that's a big compliment to everyone at Brighton who have helped get the club to this stage.
Apparently after our game earlier in the season Pep went into our dressing room and spoke to our team saying something like if he was a player he’d fall into a fire for Roberto

I think they are friends as there are photos of them out for dinner

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Like a restaurant in the sense that he thinks he can order what he wants from us and he'll get it?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Ferran Adria, of El Bulli was who he compared us to...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I saw that and thought he was way over the top tbh. He is genuinely admiring of Roberto though.
I didn't. I try to keep objective as it's our team, but I think we genuinely are changing the footballing landscape. Look what we did to Arsenal at their place. This is without any signings over £25m, no one on more than £100k pw. It is revolutionary the risk we take and how we build our play. I genuinely think Pep gets it because in his ideological footballing utopia, we'd all be trying to play like this instead of low blocks, counter attacking, parked buses and set pieces. We are a beautiful team to watch, I don't actually think the plaudits have picked up on just how good we are tactically, because teams have got to top 7 before from lower down, but not playing like this, not on the front foot topping possession, chances, goals stats.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What we really need is for Pep to say something like "When I move on at the end of next season, the job of manager at City will be his". That way we can keep RDZ until then.
EFA, if RDZ carries on the way he's going and if MCFC win everything again next season and Pep decides he needs a new challenge...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here