Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PCC Katy Bourne

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Police State

It is not clear from the blurb that the single elected appointment replaces the Police Authority watchdog.

The problem I see the absence of interference with the day to day policing of Sussex. What can one person do?

Not that any reforms have come through this route.

Q: what happens if the Sheriff gets shot? Who is the deputy?

sosparty

Nov 2, 2012
Quite right, only time will tell.
A lot of professionals I've spoken to predict The Perfect Storm of discontent coming April 2013, when universal benefits and further cuts kick in.
the public will be head to head with the government and the police will be stuck in the middle.
Sussex is typically a low crime county compared to the rest of UK and it'll be then that we will see whether the police cuts have had a detrimental effect on front line policing.
Though sleep tight at night. Katy Bourne will get the nod from HQ to pass martial law and the police will deal with any discontent with the thousand new taser guns they'll have brought in.

sosparty

Nov 2, 2012
I've been told the deputy will be decided by Conservative HQ. Bare in mind Katy Bourne has already put forward Graham Cox to represent her. Graham Cox is ex-head of Sussex CID. (According the the Neilson Crime Files he was head of CID during the Katrina Taylor murder and would have known about the cover-up of her murder, which is a worry)
Peter Bradbury is he campaign manager, I'm sure he'll be on a promise !!! (I'm being naughty now and spreading rumours, sorry)
But whoever is deputy, they'll be on a wage of about £40,000 a year.
plus the £85,000 for The PCC, their pensions for life, their expenses, the Police and Crime panels wages and expenses, and the extra hidden costs we have no idea about, this just goes to show, they are in it together....

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
A lot of professionals I've spoken to predict The Perfect Storm of discontent coming April 2013, when universal benefits and further cuts kick in.
the public will be head to head with the government and the police will be stuck in the middle.
Sussex is typically a low crime county compared to the rest of UK and it'll be then that we will see whether the police cuts have had a detrimental effect on front line policing.
Though sleep tight at night. Katy Bourne will get the nod from HQ to pass martial law and the police will deal with any discontent with the thousand new taser guns they'll have brought in.

Don't worry I will be sleeping tight - here in rural Norfolk where Police are scarce we have punters like Tony Martin who like to dispense 'justice' the old fashioned way.

This is the wrong time to tinker with the Police. Yes they should be subject to full and proper accountability and oversight - but it isn't rocket science to foresee the potential for civil unrest and disorder against the government as life for many on the fringes of society get harsher, the underlying threat of terrorism as well as rising crime that might arise from budget cuts / less frontline cops. Seems a recipe for disaster.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Finally got a response from Katy Bourne;
Actually quite a good one and quite compelling...
Seeing as most of them have given a similar response, I'm not actually any nearer to a decision for this info.

-
Thank you for contacting me regarding the role of Police and Crime Commissioner in Sussex (PCC) specifically your questions relating to privatisation.

I can absolutely confirm that there is no question of privatising the police. The crime fighters will remain police officers, patrolling will not be privatised and policing will remain a public service, accountable to the people and carried out by consent.

The law prevents the jobs that police officers do from being delivered by private contractors beyond the limited powers of transport and custody conferred by the last Labour Government. For your information, custody facilities have been outsourced in Sussex for several years already.

When it comes to work that goes on behind the scenes (administration, IT and maintenance) if savings can be made by collaborating with other police forces, other emergency services, local authorities and/or private companies, I will look at them. It is vital that as much of our policing budget as possible is directed to frontline policing and not wasted on expensive and inefficient administration.

I have a background in business which includes starting, building and selling my own company to my main competitor, who was also UK sector leader so I know how to deliver an effective, efficient service making best use of our resources in Sussex. Similarly, my experience as a Councillor and local school Governor has given me a real understanding of the importance of community engagement and accountability which will also be vital to this role.

I believe that my combination of commercial experience and public and voluntary work has equipped me to undertake this role with a delivery-focussed and financially-disciplined approach.

If elected on 15 November, I intend to be highly visible throughout Sussex and be a strong voice for local people in the fight against crime. Whilst I accept that police budgets are constrained, I will work hard to identify waste and inefficiencies and make sure that savings are reinvested into policing to enable Sussex Police to continue driving down crime and to tackle antisocial behaviour to the standards that residents of Sussex expect and deserve.

My vision is to ensure that we are all Safer in Sussex.

There are many challenges in the delivery of effective policing to be addressed but I am confident that I have the right mix of skills to represent and listen to the people of Sussex.

Kind regards
Katy

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Finally got a response from Katy Bourne;
Actually quite a good one and quite compelling...
Seeing as most of them have given a similar response, I'm not actually any nearer to a decision for this info.

-
Thank you for contacting me regarding the role of Police and Crime Commissioner in Sussex (PCC) specifically your questions relating to privatisation.

I can absolutely confirm that there is no question of privatising the police. The crime fighters will remain police officers, patrolling will not be privatised and policing will remain a public service, accountable to the people and carried out by consent.

The law prevents the jobs that police officers do from being delivered by private contractors beyond the limited powers of transport and custody conferred by the last Labour Government. For your information, custody facilities have been outsourced in Sussex for several years already.

When it comes to work that goes on behind the scenes (administration, IT and maintenance) if savings can be made by collaborating with other police forces, other emergency services, local authorities and/or private companies, I will look at them. It is vital that as much of our policing budget as possible is directed to frontline policing and not wasted on expensive and inefficient administration.

I have a background in business which includes starting, building and selling my own company to my main competitor, who was also UK sector leader so I know how to deliver an effective, efficient service making best use of our resources in Sussex. Similarly, my experience as a Councillor and local school Governor has given me a real understanding of the importance of community engagement and accountability which will also be vital to this role.

I believe that my combination of commercial experience and public and voluntary work has equipped me to undertake this role with a delivery-focussed and financially-disciplined approach.

If elected on 15 November, I intend to be highly visible throughout Sussex and be a strong voice for local people in the fight against crime. Whilst I accept that police budgets are constrained, I will work hard to identify waste and inefficiencies and make sure that savings are reinvested into policing to enable Sussex Police to continue driving down crime and to tackle antisocial behaviour to the standards that residents of Sussex expect and deserve.

My vision is to ensure that we are all Safer in Sussex.

There are many challenges in the delivery of effective policing to be addressed but I am confident that I have the right mix of skills to represent and listen to the people of Sussex.

Kind regards
Katy
How do you know that it's actually them that's replying and not there assistant(s)?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who is going to get her a Swamp Dragon as a Pet?

I've been told the deputy will be decided by Conservative HQ. Bare in mind Katy Bourne has already put forward Graham Cox to represent her. Graham Cox is ex-head of Sussex CID. (According the the Neilson Crime Files he was head of CID during the Katrina Taylor murder and would have known about the cover-up of her murder, which is a worry)
Peter Bradbury is he campaign manager, I'm sure he'll be on a promise !!! (I'm being naughty now and spreading rumours, sorry)
But whoever is deputy, they'll be on a wage of about £40,000 a year.
plus the £85,000 for The PCC, their pensions for life, their expenses, the Police and Crime panels wages and expenses, and the extra hidden costs we have no idea about, this just goes to show, they are in it together....

Vigilante Summer ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When I was in the running, I was getting emails from the Home Office saying that I will be in charge of the police budget, and that I will be obliged to choose from a preferred list of suppliers which the Home Office supplied.

You weren't really ever actually in the running though, were you?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Brunswick! You're back! :wave:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
You weren't really ever actually in the running though, were you?

Ah I get it. Is this sosparty the nutjob who used to post YouTube videos with a mask on, ranting slanderous material? He was quite entertaining as lunatics go.

sosparty

Nov 2, 2012
no, I've never posted anything wearing a mask.
And yes, I was never really in the running, well that was until they demanded £5000.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Police State

BBC News - Ex-chief constables call to boycott police election

BBC News - Warwickshire police election: on vote

Police commissioner role is 'barmy', says city council leader

John Mutton is a member of the Police and Crime panel in the West Midlands
Continue reading the main story
PCC elections: Warwickshire

PCC elections: Warwickshire
Warwickshire police candidates
'Not enough info' about PCC vote
Watchdog queries police adverts
The role of police and crime commissioners (PCC) is a "barmy idea", Coventry's council leader has said.

The PCCs will be tasked with scrutinising their force and holding chief constables to account.

But John Mutton told the BBC the new system would lead to chief constables having more power.

He said: "It's barmy. I don't believe one person can have sufficient hours every day to see and understand everything that's going on".

Mr Mutton added: "The police authority has worked well for years, there was accountability of the police to a wide range of people from politicians to independents.

"If they can pull the wool over the eyes of their commissioner it means they're not accountable at all."

BBC News - Police commissioner role is , says city council leader

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That poster ( in all likelihood Katy ) has been chastised on another thread she also started. Now most of us here have worked out what a pathetic bunch of losers have put themselves forward for this "election" and will ignore it. The election is wrong, the principle is wrong and not one single candidate is worth voting for.

Especially as here in Guildford NOT ONE candidate has made it known to me exactly why they should get my vote. Not one single piece of information about them or what they stand for-I only found out who the candidates are when my postal ballot papers arrived. They can't be assed to tell me why they should end up in a nice cosy little job-I will not vote for any of them. Ballot in the shredder.

What a complete farce and total waste of money these 'elections' are-all so CMD and Co appear to be doing something about crime.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Police State (the history books will show the seeds were set in 11/12)

BBC News - Ex-chief constables call to boycott police election

But John Mutton told the BBC the new system would lead to chief constables having more power.

He said: "It's barmy. I don't believe one person can have sufficient hours every day to see and understand everything that's going on".

Mr Mutton added: "The police authority has worked well for years, there was accountability of the police to a wide range of people from politicians to independents.

"If they can pull the wool over the eyes of their commissioner it means they're not accountable at all."

BBC News - Police commissioner role is , says city council leader

Why is important to vote and not let a weak person be elected and pushed around by the Chief of Police

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
High Plains Drifter (1973) 9:00 pm Channel Five
A mysterious stranger is hired to defend a remote frontier town from three outlaws who are making people's lives a misery. Although he rids the community of the troublemakers, the residents' lives take a turn for the worse as their saviour seizes control of the town and seeks to punish them for their past sins. Western, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood, alongside Verna Bloom and Marianna Hill
Read more at High Plains Drifter at TVGuide.co.uk UK TV Listings Guide

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
:guns:
High Plains Drifter (1973) 9:00 pm Channel Five
A mysterious stranger is hired to defend a remote frontier town from three outlaws who are making people's lives a misery. Although he rids the community of the troublemakers, the residents' lives take a turn for the worse as their saviour seizes control of the town and seeks to punish them for their past sins. Western, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood, alongside Verna Bloom and Marianna Hill
Read more at High Plains Drifter at TVGuide.co.uk UK TV Listings Guide

sosparty

Nov 2, 2012
Ah I get it. Is this sosparty the nutjob who used to post YouTube videos with a mask on, ranting slanderous material? He was quite entertaining as lunatics go.

I'll shout this, make sure everyone can hear.....
IF WHAT DAVID JOE NEILSON SAYS IS SLANDEROUS- SUE HIM.....

Am I the only one who is concerned about what he has to say about Sussex Police, local MP's, councillors and the cover-up of the murder of Katrina Taylor?
he's been shouting these allegations for 25 years and nothing has been done to stop him.
The only conclusion I can draw is that there must be some truth to what he says.....

sosparty

Nov 2, 2012

I'll shout this, make sure everyone can hear.....
IF WHAT DAVID JOE NEILSON SAYS IS SLANDEROUS- SUE HIM.....

Am I the only one who is concerned about what he has to say about Sussex Police, local MP's, councillors and the cover-up of the murder of Katrina Taylor?
he's been shouting these allegations for 25 years and nothing has been done to stop him.
The only conclusion I can draw is that there must be some truth to what he says.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here