Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PCC Katy Bourne

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
You really are a twat - nobody cares and very few people are going to vote for such a pathetic political post !!!!!!

The independent candidate is backed by the church is that not political as the church has today said it should be involved in politics. Please stick to saving poor old fallen palace fans.:angel:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nailed his Head to a Coffee Table

This is a serious important election.

Knock out any evangelists and racists which leaves three...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm concerned so much about who wins, that I've set up a Shadow Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner website to bring scrutiny to the elected PCC. In just the same way the PCC will bring accountability to the Chief Constable, Shadow Commissioners will bring accountability to them.
Good idea or not?
Www.shadowsussexpolicecrimecommissioner.co.uk
You're not really engaging with us are you? Just hectoring us. I've good mind to abandon my boycott and vote for Bourne as you're so dead set against her.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
The problem is she's running as a Conservative and I do not believe that political parties should be putting up candidates for this election. I shall vote for the independent candidate for this reason alone. I have absolutely no idea who he is, but the fact he's running as an independent is good enough for me.
This

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
from what i could read, sussex only have three candidates that have any real working knowledge of the police and how it works. The tory candidate is not one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She can do one

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The independent candidate is backed by the church is that not political as the church has today said it should be involved in politics. Please stick to saving poor old fallen palace fans.:angel:

I'm sure I read somewhere the "independent" is being backed by the Greens but just not officially.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm sure I read somewhere the "independent" is being backed by the Greens but just not officially.

The Greens aren't backing anyone in this campaign as they do not agree with either the post or the election. The office itself is questionable and our choice of candidates is extremely poor, this is a farce. I'm seriously considering spoiling my ballot. The 'independent' actually appears to be the worst of all the candidates. The only one with any relevant experience appears to be the labour candidate, but to say I am underwhelmed is an understatement.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm concerned so much about who wins, that I've set up a Shadow Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner website to bring scrutiny to the elected PCC. In just the same way the PCC will bring accountability to the Chief Constable, Shadow Commissioners will bring accountability to them.
Good idea or not?

This is a football website...with all due respect foxtrot Oscar

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

The independent candidate has implied that he's backed by the Greens - put up pictures of Lucas on his website, stated that he expects support from Greens etc. They have nothing to do with him (this is does nothing to detract from the fact that he is entirely inappropriate )

Good idea or not?
This is a website that provides links to a whole load of hysterical (and libellous) campaigns against public officials in Sussex - for example the former Chief Executive of Lewes District Council and Norman Baker MP. Some of those campaigns have tried to imply that they have the support of people who have no reason whatsoever to believe the nonsense that is being alleged. As everyone knows, Roz and I have had good reasons to be critical about stance of Lewes District Council and Norman Baker on the Falmer Stadium planning application. This does not entitle the promoters of this website to try to use our involvement in the Falmer campaign as backing for allegations that people in high places are implicated in the cover up of "the truth" about violent crimes that have occurred.

A good idea or not? NOT.

Scrutiny? If sosparty reckons the methods used by the people his website links to are balanced and reasonable ... CERTAINLY NOT.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Got this from 38Degrees,
i'v emailed all of them and only Katy Bourne and Tony Armstrong have failed to reply!

---
In a few days private security companies like G4S could move one step closer to taking over large parts of our police service. Next Thursday new police and crime commissioners are being elected. [1] Proposals to privatise big bits of local police services could be one of the first things on their desks. [2]

Privatising the police should be a matter of huge public concern - particularly after the G4S Olympics fiasco. [3] But the police elections are incredibly low-key. Pro-privatisation candidates could sneak in under the radar. There's a risk voters could only find out plans to privatise their local police service when it's too late to stop them.

Together we can help voters find out in time about plans to privatise our police. If we each ask our local candidates where they stand on privatisation, we can build up a national picture. Then on the day of the election we can spread this information far and wide. We can sound the alarm about pro-privatisation candidates and give voters the info they need to choose who to vote for.

Can you take a few minutes to help gather the information? Here are the names and email addresses of your Sussex candidates. All you’ve got to do is email them and ask them where they stand on privatising the police.

David Rogers (LibDems) -david4safersussex@gmail.com

Godfrey Daniel (Labour) -godfrey@godfreydaniel.org.uk

Ian Chisnall (Independent) -Ian@Ian4PCC.com

Katy Bourne (Conservatives) -campaign@katybourne.com

Tony Armstrong (UKIP) -tony.armstrong@PCCSussex.co.uk

If you’re stuck, here are a couple of the questions you could include:

Can you promise not to privatise Sussex police services?

Will you allow companies like G4S to get involved in the running of Sussex police?

Do you have any connection to companies that might be interested in police contracts?

Once you’ve got a reply, please copy it into an email to policereplies@38degrees.org.uk so it can be added into a database. That way we can publicise the responses far and wide next week.

38 Degrees members have voted to make it a priority to oppose plans to privatise the police. So let's get our campaign going, and stand up for policing focused on protecting the public rather than on profits.

Thanks for being involved,

James, David, Hannah and the 38 Degrees team

NOTES
[1] Guardian: Police and crime commissioners: a leap in the dark for law and order Police and crime commissioners: a leap in the dark for law and order | UK news | guardian.co.uk
[2] Daily Mail: Minister renews call for more police privatisation event as the scale of G4S Olympic security debacle is outlined to MPs Minister renews calls for more police privatisation even as the scale of G4S Olympic security debacle is outlined to MPs | Mail Online
[3] BBC: London 2012: G4S's Nick Buckles regrets taking contract BBC News - London 2012: G4Ss Nick Buckles regrets taking contract [4] Blog: October member poll: results now in 38 Degrees | Blog | October Member Poll: Results now in!
---

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Like 80% plus of the electorate entitled to vote in this utter waste of time and money I've already tossed my polling card in the bin. It will be a farce up and down the country, regardless of who "wins."

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Like 80% plus of the electorate entitled to vote in this utter waste of time and money I've already tossed my polling card in the bin. It will be a farce up and down the country, regardless of who "wins."

A turnout of 20% would be amazing... I can see it being in single figures.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A turnout of 20% would be amazing... I can see it being in single figures.

Argus poll was 37%. So it would be interesting to find out how much the Argus poll differs from reality?

(My forecast would be 30% unless there is a late surge.)

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So, we have 5 candidates, 4 of which are party-backed and the 5th so-called 'independant' is a creationist - which presumably means he's not very bright- not exactly a wide choice, is it. Only one has bothered to put anything in the mail to me, which was Ms Bourne, and having read it, she seems very unsuitable. I know nothing about the other 3 - how is anyone supposed to make an informed choice.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here