Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber responds on Albion managerial situation

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I can see that point of view. But we don't know that Barber won't address it. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt until we know either way. Personally I'm hoping for a candid response and I think they'll need to tell it how it is to appease many supporters. If we can't financially compete now that our squad has aged, and there's no money to buy players that'll keep us as top six challengers then I'd like to hear that from the horses mouth.

They won't tell us how it is and they wont be candid, it will be the same PR laden corporate bullshit that we have had out of Barber on any important issue for the last 2 years. Nailed on. It might read very well but that doesn't mean it contains anything of substance and just because Barber might say they 'are going to look at things' actually means they have any genuine desire to change what they probably see as something that works fine. If they admit we don't have the money to compete I will be amazed, but then again we have already got everyone Season Ticket money so I suppose it could happen.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Good stuff, the most important thing for me personally in regards to how the board handles things like this is openness with the fans. We have a right to know what is going on at the club.

We don't have a right to anything! Putting in millions and millions of your own money give you rights.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
They won't tell us how it is and they wont be candid, it will be the same PR laden corporate bullshit that we have had out of Barber on any important issue for the last 2 years. Nailed on.

You could very well be right, but I'm going to wait and see. If it is, I'll not be surprised, but I will be disappointed. After two seasons failing in the play-offs, pretty poor investment in the squad and managers seemingly wanting out twice in two seasons I think many season ticket holders will want answers/not PR'd bullshit.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is this a cynical ploy by Bozza to guarantee record viewings at one time?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have I missed it?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why is it taking this long? I've cut and pasted Barber's last year's Post-Gus exit statement in case they haven't got it to hand, just needs a bit of tweaking and change the year from 2013 to 2014:

"In the meantime, please rest assured that the football club continues to function entirely as normal for the time of year. In some cases, staff from all areas of the club are taking well-earned breaks and holidays, while others continue to sell season tickets, apply finishing touches to a new club membership scheme, meet our post-season sponsor commitments, and finalise plans for our pre-season (as is also normal, we started this work well before the end of last season). Our summer training camp will be in Spain (details to follow soon). And, as is customary, we will be playing a combination of friendly matches away from home against local teams, and also expect to play a home friendly at the Amex on the weekend of 27 July. We will confirm our full schedule for pre-season as soon as possible. Over the course of the summer, we plan to announce a series of new sponsorships, while finalising long-term deals for our stadium catering services and technical partner/kit manufacturer. Finally, with Financial Fair Play rules in mind, we must continue to look for ways of reducing our operational cost base to ensure our club is as efficient as possible and to maximise our football budget for the season ahead.

"Thank you for your continued patience, support, and loyalty. It is very much appreciated by everyone here."

I fear that this post has delayed the announced. A frantic re-write has been going on ever since.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
"Unfortunate incident in the showers" - 25/1
"Dancing on the ceiling" - 66/1
"Seeking the return of Gus Poyet" - 150/1

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I hear that Allardyce has been called to a meeting with WHUs owners, maybe he's about to get the tin tack, Barber waiting for it to go through and announce Hoofball Sam as our new manager

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
1,000-1 We'd like the fans to be fully engaged in the decision making process and those with 1500+ points will be part of the selection and interview panel, to ensure that the club and fans are as one.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
1000/1
for tim sherwood dial 08900 1901
for malky mackay dial 08900 1902
Calls cost £400 per minute a caller will be randomly selected for a free balti pie at first home game of next season and chance to meet the manager in person!

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
1,000-1 We'd like the fans to be fully engaged in the decision making process and those with 1500+ points will be part of the selection and interview panel, to ensure that the club and fans are as one.

...........those 'supporters' with sufficient loyalty points can register for their managerial betting slip via the tickets portal from 9am tomorrow and have until 5pm at which point their betting slips will be put on general sale. Adult betting slips are available from as little £5.00, however will incur a £29.99 booking fee to cover the cost of Ticket Staff pressing the button marked print (you will not be charged extra should a paper jam occur, however there may be a small additional cost depending on the number of blank A4 pieces of paper that are chewed up as a result).............................

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We don't have a right to anything! Putting in millions and millions of your own money give you rights.

Nonsense. It is a football club and we are it's fans. We are fully entitled to know what is going on in the club.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Brighton & Hove Albion's search for a new manager has already begun, and chief executive Paul Barber says he and chairman Tony Bloom have already received significant levels interest from a number of potential high quality candidates for the job.

Barber said, "Most of yesterday was spent dealing with Oscar's departure; once we confirmed we had accepted his resignation in the early evening, that of course triggered a number of enquiries to the club about the position.

More: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/barber-interest-from-several-candidates-1549987.aspx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here