Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber responds on Albion managerial situation

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Odds that regardless of the content of Barber's message, the usual suspects will declare it to be 'corporate bullshit'.

Yes 1/4 No 15/2
I think I might join them this time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would have hoped for an extra day of fans infighting though. Let's hope this statement is ambiguous enough to keep that going.

Surprisingly no bans yet and minimal infighting at the moment. This sort of thing usually throws up a few handbags with peripheral verbal shoving. Looks like only the appointment of Sherwood may trigger that.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Shirley we need more time to panic properly.

It will be a holding pattern type statement, rather than anything concrete about having a manager ready to take the reigns. he'll be setting out who is doing the retained list, and a rough timetable for the new appointment. I'm guessing they will be getting quicker at this, as each year passes.

Don't panic, they'll be plenty of reasons to continue the panicking properly for days and days yet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Presumably the club sheep that have all been saying 'we don't need to know anything' WON'T be reading this statement...

I know this is an absolute waste of time, but...

Do you honestly not see any distinction between WANTING to know the club's position, and demanding to know every detail of the club's private business, immediately, as a RIGHT?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well I DON'T want another day of infighting

:catfight:

Ooohh, I have become a bit of a casual observer around here lately, but if this has been a day of infighting on here, then I've missed it. I actually think the discussions have all been rather sensible.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Presumably the club sheep that have all been saying 'we don't need to know anything' WON'T be reading this statement...
We're all sheep aren't we? We don't buy or sell players, we don't have a say in tactics, we just flock to the stadium, following our club. Of course many will baa baa baa along the way, but they don't change anything, they're sheep like the rest of us.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If I was Barber, my statement would simply be a poll with three possible home kits and three possible away kits.

Get everyone talking about something else

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
a few handbags with peripheral verbal shoving. Looks like only the appointment of Sherwood may trigger that.

And that would be just his job interview with Captain Theme Night. I'm here all week etc.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Ooohh, I have become a bit of a casual observer around here lately, but if this has been a day of infighting on here, then I've missed it. I actually think the discussions have all been rather sensible.

Give it time, I've only just woken up.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Give it time, I've only just woken up.

Oh God, I'm not for a moment suggesting it will stay like that. Things will soon return to normal soon enough, probably the moment we announce that the new manager is Dennis Wise.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I don't know why the Argus published an in-depth special today about Oscar's departure. Surely it's just one of those things, is anyone really interested?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here