Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber responds on Albion managerial situation

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would have hoped for an extra day of fans infighting though. Let's hope this statement is ambiguous enough to keep that going.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'll have my mortgage on that 6/1 on for FFP please. Easy money.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What needs to happen now is Paul Barber to make a statement. At no time last post season did club statements ever make matters worse

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The club are releasing a statement from Paul Barber that details...

- The current priorities regarding player contracts and the process of appointing a new manager
- That Tony Bloom will speak to the fans this week
- More stuff

Link here soon.
Excellent, pleased they're doing that. I may not like what we hear, but I appreciate they're wanting to tell us something. I'm gutted we've lost Oscar, particularly because of the rumoured reasons (him giving a list of players he wanted, but not getting any of them). But at the end of the day, I will always be team Bloom.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Tying up the final details for the Sherwood announcement?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why is it taking this long? I've cut and pasted Barber's last year's Post-Gus exit statement in case they haven't got it to hand, just needs a bit of tweaking and change the year from 2013 to 2014:

"In the meantime, please rest assured that the football club continues to function entirely as normal for the time of year. In some cases, staff from all areas of the club are taking well-earned breaks and holidays, while others continue to sell season tickets, apply finishing touches to a new club membership scheme, meet our post-season sponsor commitments, and finalise plans for our pre-season (as is also normal, we started this work well before the end of last season). Our summer training camp will be in Spain (details to follow soon). And, as is customary, we will be playing a combination of friendly matches away from home against local teams, and also expect to play a home friendly at the Amex on the weekend of 27 July. We will confirm our full schedule for pre-season as soon as possible. Over the course of the summer, we plan to announce a series of new sponsorships, while finalising long-term deals for our stadium catering services and technical partner/kit manufacturer. Finally, with Financial Fair Play rules in mind, we must continue to look for ways of reducing our operational cost base to ensure our club is as efficient as possible and to maximise our football budget for the season ahead.

"Thank you for your continued patience, support, and loyalty. It is very much appreciated by everyone here."

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Presumably the club sheep that have all been saying 'we don't need to know anything' WON'T be reading this statement...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Odds that regardless of the content of Barber's message, the usual suspects will declare it to be 'corporate bullshit'.

Yes 1/4 No 15/2

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was hoping to have a link by now. Pretend you didn't see this, right?
No, not the flashy thing. Anything but the neuralyzer.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Nice to see them BOWING to fan pressure - we DESERVE to be treated better and have a RIGHT to know :thumbsup:

Do not think its because of fan pressure, more to do with the Article in the Argus about Oscar's reasons for leaving. They would have spent much of the day drafting a response to that.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I really hope he doesn't use the 'We will be announcing some new sponsorships this summer' line again.

Got to be honest, a new official club vacuum cleaner supplier deal isn't going to do it for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here