Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber responds on Albion managerial situation

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ooohh, I have become a bit of a casual observer around here lately, but if this has been a day of infighting on here, then I've missed it. I actually think the discussions have all been rather sensible.

Closest your getting to that is people thumbs down-ing you, gives you the ability to bring out the child in you.

(And yes, I fully expect this to be thumbs down-ed, in fact if it isnt, ill be seriously disappointed).

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I can't say I'm not a little worried about certain noises emanating from the club right now but I've extremely happy with how it's been communicated and how open the club appear to be in regard to talking directly with fans. It's reassuring.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I can't say I'm not a little worried about certain noises emanating from the club right now but I've extremely happy with how it's been communicated and how open the club appear to be in regard to talking directly with fans. It's reassuring.

No it's not. Like last summer someone has had the guts to leak to the press the TRUTH that the club would HAPPILY hide from us and now that that has happened the club has to scramble to limit the damage, probably by LIEING to us some more. Barber and Bloom keep telling us that the budget is fine and increasing whilst 2 managers walk out because they are not happy with it and the player signing process.

Barber isn't actually going to ADDRESS the player signing process here, he isn't going to say he agrees it is a bit iffy and will be looked at he is just going to say how amazing he thinks it is and in an indirect way us to shut up and stop asking questions that are in his eyes none of our business.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't say I'm not a little worried about certain noises emanating from the club right now
Have they all been eating beans?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A good one. Possibly backed with ... "and on social media." - 11/4 the quotecast.

WILD SPECULATION ALERT!!!!!

I have a STRONG suspiscion that Barber is going to try and take a super injunction out against the fans/NSC to try and stop us discussing and speculating about the mess that is player recruitment, the budgets and manager recruitment.

Dec 29, 2011

I have a STRONG suspiscion that Barber is going to try and take a super injunction out against the fans/NSC to try and stop us discussing and speculating about the mess that is player recruitment, the budgets and manager recruitment.

Pretty sure that's not how a super injunction works..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Presumably the club sheep that have all been saying 'we don't need to know anything' WON'T be reading this statement...

:facepalm: Do you really think that any statement is going to give you and all those clamouring for the minutiae of every detail, conversation, contract clause etc the information you want. Get a life!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If any representative of Brighton and Hove Albions upper management structure mention the words moist, artichoke or the advertising slogan 'Mr Kipling does make exceedingly good cakes' I will donate a substantial sum of cotton wool to the REMF.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
No it's not. Like last summer someone has had the guts to leak to the press the TRUTH that the club would HAPPILY hide from us and now that that has happened the club has to scramble to limit the damage, probably by LIEING to us some more. Barber and Bloom keep telling us that the budget is fine and increasing whilst 2 managers walk out because they are not happy with it and the player signing process.

Barber isn't actually going to ADDRESS the player signing process here, he isn't going to say he agrees it is a bit iffy and will be looked at he is just going to say how amazing he thinks it is and in an indirect way us to shut up and stop asking questions that are in his eyes none of our business.

I can see that point of view. But we don't know that Barber won't address it. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt until we know either way. Personally I'm hoping for a candid response and I think they'll need to tell it how it is to appease many supporters. If we can't financially compete now that our squad has aged, and there's no money to buy players that'll keep us as top six challengers then I'd like to hear that from the horses mouth.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

I think our match day thread format will be under thread too, it doesn't comply with the corporate image the club are trying to portray since we moved to the Amex..... too many spelling and grammatical errors.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's Hans Kraay not Hansie Cronje you're dealing with here

Nothing crooked about placing a sporting bet ROSM.
Anyway he's not really Hans Kraay is he.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here