Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber OBE

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Each to their own, but personally I would say he's doing a tough job, in which he cant possibly please everyone, largely very well. I've had little personal dealings with him so wont comment on personality, but he is a big part of why we are doing so well as a club (obviously always room for improvement).
Quite possibly, it's a valid argument i guess.

I still find him to be an arsehole though.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Each to their own, but personally I would say he's doing a tough job, in which he cant possibly please everyone, largely very well. I've had little personal dealings with him so wont comment on personality, but he is a big part of why we are doing so well as a club (obviously always room for improvement).
Yes, agreed. He does make some decisions that upset some of us, and does in these situations seem to be a bit intransigent. He’s pissed me off in the past but overall you’ve got to accept that the club wouldn’t be where it is today without him running it for TB. I certainly wouldn’t put him in the arsehole category! 😂

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The best CEO in the PL, TB will only work with folk who are outstanding in their field.

Part of his job is relaying decisions made by the Board, so naturally the narrow minded will target “BARBER!” :lolol:

He made the club far more professional from day one, almost immediately ousting awful Azure Catering just into a 5 year contract, then reining in Poyet who had assumed too much power in the entire recruitment process.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Come on then, Horses Arse, what's your specific beef with Barbs?

Would he not give your 7 year old a t-shirt?
That was bizarre, not me I can assure you. Some people though!

You only get a decent impression of a person or organisation when some thing goes wrong. That's where my experiences are. It's not beef, just real life experience. A while ago now certainly, but I don't forget!!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The best CEO in the PL, TB will only work with folk who are outstanding in their field.

Part of his job is relaying decisions made by the Board, so naturally the narrow minded will target “BARBER!” :lolol:

He made the club far more professional from day one, almost immediately ousting awful Azure Catering just into a 5 year contract, then reining in Poyet who had assumed too much power in the entire recruitment process.
Yep, he did so much better than Ken.

Total agreement with that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, he did so much better than Ken.

Total agreement with that.

I love the Fans Forum Q&A evenings, for entertainment value alone. On the stage the intellects of TB and PB, plus the manager and Cantor I think. Then an hour of sometimes brainless questions, often the same ones asked last time. You can almost hear a collective FFS :facepalm: from TB/PB.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Making assumptions based on recognition of others, with little/zero insight. What a buffoon.

Do you not learn from history. Are there others celebrated then vilified? What does it all mean? Would you really ignore personal experience because others handed out an award?

Top buffoonery. Really interesting reactions to a dissenting voice.

We follow, we follow, we follow, because that's the way we like it we like it we like it
Yep, stand by my original ‘what a buffoon’.

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
That was bizarre, not me I can assure you. Some people though!

You only get a decent impression of a person or organisation when some thing goes wrong. That's where my experiences are. It's not beef, just real life experience. A while ago now certainly, but I don't forget!!
I had a completely different experience with him. Really supportive, helpful, apologetic and sorted my problem within about a week. Went over and above for me and my family.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I had a completely different experience with him. Really supportive, helpful, apologetic and sorted my problem within about a week. Went over and above for me and my family.
Was it a problem with the club and its staff? I.e. was it a case of them resolving something that they or one of their staff had done wrong?

Would be great to hear that he's perhaps changed. People do of course, even those that really struggle to accept that mistakes can be made.

My experience was pretty shitty, going back to championship days. Really really poor from club staff, backed to the hilt by him. Others have suffered too, some recent experiences re tickets on here that make me doubt he's learned anything.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Was it a problem with the club and its staff? I.e. was it a case of them resolving something that they or one of their staff had done wrong?

Would be great to hear that he's perhaps changed. People do of course, even those that really struggle to accept that mistakes can be made.

My experience was pretty shitty, going back to championship days. Really really poor from club staff, backed to the hilt by him. Others have suffered too, some recent experiences re tickets on here that make me doubt he's learned anything.
It was in the championship days, won’t go into specific details other than to say that the member of staff ceased their employment at the club after an investigation within a couple of weeks and we were invited by the club to go to a game in one of the lounges with meal and hospitality.

Have emailed him a few times over the years, he always replies and have found him nothing other than helpful

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Only ever emailed him once, over the highlights not being shown on the north stand concourse and he said that they should be, and they have been shown ever since. And included light hearted one liner about signing strikers to which I got similar light hearted response. Maybe you should start a poll and I'll vote 'not arsehole' :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What was the issue though?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He made the club far more professional from day one,
Staff also seem empowered to make decisions. The last two times I have needed help from the club they’ve acted professionally but also understood the nature of issue, been helpful and resolved the situation.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
What was the issue though?
I really can't be bothered going through it. What's the point? For those unqualified to make judgments based on predetermined positions? Would be like one of the cyclist death threads when a bunch of oddballs start asking whether the cyclist was wearing the full PPE that they consider is decisive in whether they will accept that the pedestrian pushing said cyclist in front of a car was really actually at fault.

I know what happened and that confirms it to me. It's my view, which I shared on a thread about the person. Appreciate others have different views, which is all well and good. Different opinons are healthy, when it is not just blindly following what others say with no knwoledge or experience. Also, there's the potential that the guy has actually leaned a little and adapted, that would be nice. However, judging by some of the recent news re tickets that seems a little optimisitic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here