Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Party

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
My 15 year old son is having a party at my house tonight. 40 mates - boys and girls. What's the acceptable position on booze these days? Any advice gratefully received. I'm trying to balance the line between Victorian dad and idiot.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Hard spirits, no mixers or soft drinks. Let them get shitfaced, throw up everywhere which will in turn, teach them to drink responsibly in the future all thanks to S. Seagull :thumbsup:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
he is 15 that is under the legal age....if any of the kids have problems or cause damage, or get pissed and their parents dont know about them drinking, you (as the adult who gave them alcohol) will be up shit creek without a paddle..

Let them stick to jelly and games or drink away from your place..

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
My 15 year old son is having a party at my house tonight. 40 mates - boys and girls. What's the acceptable position on booze these days? Any advice gratefully received. I'm trying to balance the line between Victorian dad and idiot.

You sir , are bonkers. Good luck with that. :shootself

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Got the same problem tomorrow night with my daughter's 16th

I've decided if they bring it they can drink it but I won't supply any

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Being some years older than my brother I bounced his 15th birthday party.
A generally civilised bunch but still had to drag a few outside and make them drink soda water, have some words with some suddenly fighty small teens, and oversee the cleaning up of vomit (didn't do it myself, just made sure they did it right)

Anyhow good luck, you crazy fool - check your insurance, deny everything.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Remember to give a running commentary of the party on NSC through the night...

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
he is 15 that is under the legal age....if any of the kids have problems or cause damage, or get pissed and their parents dont know about them drinking, you (as the adult who gave them alcohol) will be up shit creek without a paddle..

Let them stick to jelly and games or drink away from your place..

Actually it is only underage to buy alcohol. "Between the ages of 5 and 17, it is legally permissible for children to drink alcohol at home or at a friend's house with the permission of a parent or legal guardian." and the Uk is the only country to have a minimum age for drinking at home.

I think you're mad having 40 kids there but better them to do it somewhere supervised and my opinion would be that as long as they stick to beer then you'll probably be ok

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
those were the days

turn up, get smashed, watch the house get more and more messed up, bigger boys turn up and get all norty, police called, down the park, go home

talk about it on monday at school

can you keep up the running commentary as i'm very bored this evening

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
can you keep up the running commentary as i'm very bored this evening

I think Slippery Seagull should PM you the address of the party. Make it happen, SS!

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
oh, dear. Got a 16yr old. Picked him up from a few house parties and heard the stories! Hope you are good with vomit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here