Parking in Coldean - residents not happy.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yes they can, Police or traffic wardens to name but two.
Why do you think there are cones on the Falmer road on match days.

PS: it appears you have a sticky full stop button.
No resident can stop parking in their street unless supported by the police or some council by-law....... "their street" was the key part of that question.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Well my reaction is the same as that to Withdean residents for over 10 years, f*** em. Public roads are all fair game for parking as far as I am concerned and this constant war on motorists that travel to games is getting very tiresome. Its for a couple of hours every couple of weeks during the season get over it ffs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What you're getting here is some grizzles from a few heffalumps who drive 20 minutes to work, then arrive back of a matchday evening to suddenly discover a car parked in "their space" outside their house, meaning a 100 yard trek back to their front door once they'e found somewhere else to park.

Then there's the hopeless cases who have to inch their 7 seater sprogmobiles out of their drives a bit more carefully because there's a few more cars around once a fortnight.

Learn to walk.
Learn to drive.
DEAL with it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Then there's the hopeless cases who have to inch their 7 seater sprogmobiles out of their drives a bit more carefully because there's a few more cars around once a fortnight.

This is Coldean, not Fiveways :) - there are very few 7-seaters around me

Lot of taxis in Coldean and lots of works vans - every third person in Coldean seems to be a brickie, sparks, plumber or plasterer.

Still lots of cars on verges though, despite this only happening on football days

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If I choose to park my legal vehicle, on a street, legally, then I'd expect the police to do something if there was any damage done to it because I parked it legally outside somebody's house.

If Lewes residents are gonna object to the increased capacity, all Brighton Fans should Boycott the little shit hole, they have already cost us years of waiting.:wanker::wanker:
Not the fault of Lewes residents ... who were overwhelmingly supportive of the stadium, as we found when we collected petition signatures and stood in the local elections there. The blame lay with the out-of-touch councillors on the District Council - particularly those who represented the coastal towns like Peacehaven and Telscombe Cliffs.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Jeane Lepper, the local councillor who is urging the Albion to "take action and nip this problem in the bud" has been a great supporter of the Club throughout the planning process. She even wished me good luck when I stood as a Seagulls Party candidate in the Lewes elections.

Agree with you Lord this doesnt augur well 4 the future, you could have been a "fellow" Politician

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will Lewes council have a say in any increase in the attendance capacity as I thought that the ground is completely now in Brighton and an increase wont encroach on the car park etc in Lewes.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Will Lewes council have a say in any increase in the attendance capacity as I thought that the ground is completely now in Brighton and an increase wont encroach on the car park etc in Lewes.

They will try to do all they can to prevent us getting planning for 30,000 as you can see from lord B`s contribution to a thread where he states lewes residents are not happy with parking on match days,lewes scum have recently reinstated a manager that they sacked after he gained them promotion, Pikey fcuking wankers i hope they get relegated

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If I choose to park my legal vehicle, on a street, legally, then I'd expect the police to do something if there was any damage done to it because I parked it legally outside somebody's house.

As I said earlier, there was a vehicle damaged in our street. We spoke to the bloke whose car was damaged but he said the police could do little about it as there were no witnesses - there's no CCTV in Coldean so I imagine that if someone wanted to damage the car of a visitor, the police would do nothing.

We did get a letter though, warning us that the streets were public and no-one was entitled to space in front of or near his/her house. I bet the perpetrator was trembling in his boots at that. :lolol:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
As a Brighton exile I wonder what's happened to some of the locals. People park in front of your house - so what, deal with it , get a life!
FFS
What is wrong with people?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Not the fault of Lewes residents ... who were overwhelmingly supportive of the stadium, as we found when we collected petition signatures and stood in the local elections there. The blame lay with the out-of-touch councillors on the District Council - particularly those who represented the coastal towns like Peacehaven and Telscombe Cliffs.

Why are they then now complaining about us parking in there shithole town on matchdays, boycott the shithole and don`t spend youre money there.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
As I said earlier, there was a vehicle damaged in our street. We spoke to the bloke whose car was damaged but he said the police could do little about it as there were no witnesses - there's no CCTV in Coldean so I imagine that if someone wanted to damage the car of a visitor, the police would do nothing.

We did get a letter though, warning us that the streets were public and no-one was entitled to space in front of or near his/her house. I bet the perpetrator was trembling in his boots at that. :lolol:

You're right-back to my initial thought on the subject: any bastard damages my car if I park it legally, I'll get weally weally cwoss.

Feb 14, 2010
As a Brighton exile I wonder what's happened to some of the locals. People park in front of your house - so what, deal with it , get a life!
FFS
What is wrong with people?

I'm the same. Exiled from Sussex and cant believe the whinging that is accepted. Its a street, taxes are paid to maintain it, people park there for match days. Doubt if most people from Coldean care less but there is always one or two that wrongly think they own the road. However that does not alter that a few multi storey car parks need to be built around the new ground.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Once again getting the wrong end of the wrong stickI wonder who posted this is my rep, yet didn't say anything on here.

How am I misunderstood, by saying the parking in the lower end of Coldean is exactly as the story says, but not just on match days, but 7 days a week. Don't believe me drive up there and look for yourself.

I just don't think for one second, we should allow these councillers to spout out cliches and jump on the anti football bandwagon, when the "facts" they go on about are completely disstored.

Maybe who ever posted that would like to see the clubs plans for extending the stadium rejected because of the crap this counciller is spurting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports