Parking in Coldean and Moulescoomb

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Seriously, where do you people get off with your 'I'm all right Jack' preaching? WHAT IF YOU DONT HAVE A FULL CAR? And the park and rides often ARE full, at least the ones the right side of the city, not to mention the fact there have been a lot of access issues on some of the most in-demand days of late. This is a totally, totally, unnecessary move and will badly affect a lot of fans, many of whom do not use those areas every match, but when they have to.

The park and rides are not full, ever. Just because you believe you don't need to get in a queue is not a reason to suggest I'm alright Jack. FWIW I drive in from the west, and queue.

And the park and ride buses are shit. Try getting to the ground for evening kick off and sit on the slip road for 20 mins. And as for loading the buses one a time after a game, well thats just insane.

But plenty of people do use them, they work, and the racecourse site is rarely even half full.

If you recall the years of planning applications, public enquiries etc, transport was always at the heart of the clubs application, and the decision relied heavily on the transport plan. Now that we have the stadium, are some people forgetting this? I don't like queuing at all, of course I don't, but I do now follow a team with a 30k+ stadium and realistic hopes of top flight football. For that,there is nowhere in the country where you won't get hideous queues after games, or struggle to find somewhere to park.

I suppose you could go a bit further into town where there are fewer restrictions and have a slightly longer walk to and from the ground, like you have to for nearly all the premier league clubs and many of the clubs in the championship, have you tried Derby? Much worse to get away from than ours.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is wrong with the old fashioned plastic no parking cones which would stop supporters and in most cases the residents could park on their own drive I would think.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The park and rides are not full, ever. Just because you believe you don't need to get in a queue is not a reason to suggest I'm alright Jack. FWIW I drive in from the west, and queue..

Ignorance must be bliss. Park and ride sites are often full, maybe not your one (I think we're heading back to 'I'm all right Jack' territory faster than you would like..)

And don't make up stuff or attribute comments I never made, it makes you look desperate. Nowhere have I said I am above queueing. This thread is mainly about street parking, and I have made my views clear that I think controlling these areas is totally unnecesary. You have gone off on one about P&R - which I'm sure many/most of us have used - and FWIW I have found them fine, though there are certainly growing bus tailbacks on the slip road.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The reason for the high cost of parking is partly to discourage you from driving to the ground at all, and if you must drive to the ground, to encourage you to have a full car, thus spreading the cost out and reducing the number of individual cars driving to the ground. They have provided park and ride sites which will cost you nothing assuming you have a match ticket, which are not used to anything like their full capacity.

Mill road is full every game.

The problem with the other two sites is that you are actually adding to the traffic congestion when driving to them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Only if you either leave early, or stay behind afterwards.

That doesn't suit everyone.

There are so many ways that transport could be easily improved, but unfortunately, the club don't listen.

The platforms are being widened so that more people can get on trains. The club are also trying to secure Hickstead as a P&R.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My brother uses the train for Saturday games but out of neccessity as regards time and work etc he has to use his car for evening games to get from Heathrow in time for kick off and back again because there are no trains to Feltham at that time of night. Hence he parks as near to the ground as he can possibly get but to comply with parking regulations. Is this wrong?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My brother uses the train for Saturday games but out of neccessity as regards time and work etc he has to use his car for evening games to get from Heathrow in time for kick off and back again because there are no trains to Feltham at that time of night. Hence he parks as near to the ground as he can possibly get but to comply with parking regulations. Is this wrong?

Apparently it's a hanging offence and makes people's lives a misery. By next season he might find a place near Hassocks outside the controlled zone, if he's lucky.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
This will also lead to the stadium being even emptier before the full time whistle imo.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
hickstead would be good

Maybe next season we'll have a clash with some polo match at Hickstead and have to cancel again. That'll go down well with Millwall and the Football League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports