Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking in Coldean and Moulescoomb

just-a-person

Nov 11, 2011
I think the people who are to bone idle and lazy should be ashamed and it is down to them this has happened. There are plenty of options to get to the ground but the fat lazy pie eating twats who have no respect for others messed it up. You would have been able to get off the last bus stop on the 49 with a ten minute walk but every match day they have to stop running because they can't get threw because of inconsiderate parking. Go speak to the firemen who had to abandon there engine in the middle of the road and climb over people's gardens to get to a 999 call and see who they think should be ashamed. They only don't cause problems if you do not live there.
Everyone involved in this should be ashamed - NIMBY residents, and the club, who have been falling over themselves to make this happen despite the fact that it hurts their own fans and they have utterly failed to provide sufficient fairly priced parking.

Anyone who thinks paying £13-£15 to park is 'reasonable' is living in a parallel universe, for a 90-minute football match.

Sensible parking in those areas causes very few if any problems, there are always spaces higher up (say 1/2 hour walk away) and if there was someone with an ounce of sense in the club's transport dept they would realise they actually need those spaces, it is only going to put more pressure on a transport system that is so incapable of dealing with the volume of fans that the stadium is half-empty 10 minutes from the end of every game. When most of these people don't want to leave, they feel forced to.

Some people will never pay that money for parking, and the most likely outcome of this will be either worse problems on trains and buses, more people 'dropping off' in dangerous places (which no one wants) or people actually giving up season tickets because of the difficulties in getting to the ground without huge additional expense, which is just ****ing insane.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think the people who are to bone idle and lazy should be ashamed and it is down to them this has happened. There are plenty of options to get to the ground but the fat lazy pie eating twats who have no respect for others messed it up. You would have been able to get off the last bus stop on the 49 with a ten minute walk but every match day they have to stop running because they can't get threw because of inconsiderate parking. Go speak to the firemen who had to abandon there engine in the middle of the road and climb over people's gardens to get to a 999 call and see who they think should be ashamed. They only don't cause problems if you do not live there.

You're a clueless, ignorant ****. You haven't got the faintest idea what other forms of transport people have done or tried, where they are coming from, and what works or doesn't work for them. There is no other way to describe those remarks. You are clearly one of the 'I'm all right Jack' brigade who as long as you're okay with your travel doesn't give a shit about other fans or the fact some people might not be able to afford an EXTRA £13 per match. Nor do you have any idea of the actual parking situation over the past two years, as opposed to over-hyped accounts from a few NIMBYS or point-scorers. The ONLY time I ever saw a problem there was when some bright spark decided not to put out the usual cones on one side of the road on Forest Road meaning visitors quite reasonably assumed it was okay to park on both sides. That did mean there were problems with buses, and possibly a fire engine although I'm taking your word for that. All other reports of problems have been grossly exaggerated. The club needs that parking resource whether they realise it or not. If they don't, they are idiotic beyond words.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here