Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking in Coldean and Moulescoomb

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
One day, maybe 5 years time, the Uni will wake up to what 5,000 cars at 10 pounds each on 25 matches per year will do for their finances.

Until then.....

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Feel sorry for the hikers rest ,chip shop and local shops that will now lose out on a little bit of extra trade from the football traffic that could be the difference between staying open and maybe shutting up for good in these hard economical times
They must be gutted that this has been pushed through ,it cant be that much of a hardship to have a few cars parked on the estate's twice a month for a few hours
Be very careful what you wish for coldean and moulscombe it may effect you still

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Feel sorry for the hikers rest ,chip shop and local shops that will now lose out on a little bit of extra trade from the football traffic that could be the difference between staying open and maybe shutting up for good in these hard economical times
They must be gutted that this has been pushed through ,it cant be that much of a hardship to have a few cars parked on the estate's twice a month for a few hours
Be very careful what you wish for coldean and moulscombe it may effect you still

Why didn't they try to galvanise objections then?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
it's a load of Bollox if you ask me, I know the club's hands are tied, but what else do people do, trains are a joke, park and ride is a joke, I have always parked sensible in and around Coldean Lane, take that away and wtf do you do, every ground in the country has street parking.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
it's a load of Bollox if you ask me, I know the club's hands are tied, but what else do people do, trains are a joke, park and ride is a joke, I have always parked sensible in and around Coldean Lane, take that away and wtf do you do, every ground in the country has street parking.

I don't think that's true. I lived in Anfield for a year and parking around that area was severely restricted. It was a real nuisance on a matchday. To park for the football one would need to travel a fair distance away, the restrictions covered hundreds of streets.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Except Derby?

Plenty of people use the P&R, they work fine, yes a queue, but :shrug:

As has been said, there is plenty of space at other P&R sites, plus there is the bridge car park and university car park, more than enough to absorb 200 or so cars.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Everyone involved in this should be ashamed - NIMBY residents, and the club, who have been falling over themselves to make this happen despite the fact that it hurts their own fans and they have utterly failed to provide sufficient fairly priced parking.

Anyone who thinks paying £13-£15 to park is 'reasonable' is living in a parallel universe, for a 90-minute football match.

Sensible parking in those areas causes very few if any problems, there are always spaces higher up (say 1/2 hour walk away) and if there was someone with an ounce of sense in the club's transport dept they would realise they actually need those spaces, it is only going to put more pressure on a transport system that is so incapable of dealing with the volume of fans that the stadium is half-empty 10 minutes from the end of every game. When most of these people don't want to leave, they feel forced to.

Some people will never pay that money for parking, and the most likely outcome of this will be either worse problems on trains and buses, more people 'dropping off' in dangerous places (which no one wants) or people actually giving up season tickets because of the difficulties in getting to the ground without huge additional expense, which is just fcuking insane.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think that's true. I lived in Anfield for a year and parking around that area was severely restricted. It was a real nuisance on a matchday. To park for the football one would need to travel a fair distance away, the restrictions covered hundreds of streets.

This isn't 'around the ground' though is it? It's over a mile away!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Neither the trains nor the Park & Ride are a joke and work quite well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Everyone involved in this should be ashamed - NIMBY residents, and the club, who have been falling over themselves to make this happen despite the fact that it hurts their own fans and they have utterly failed to provide sufficient fairly priced parking.

Anyone who thinks paying £13-£15 to park is 'reasonable' is living in a parallel universe, for a 90-minute football match.

Sensible parking in those areas causes very few if any problems, there are always spaces higher up (say 1/2 hour walk away) and if there was someone with an ounce of sense in the club's transport dept they would realise they actually need those spaces, it is only going to put more pressure on a transport system that is so incapable of dealing with the volume of fans that the stadium is half-empty 10 minutes from the end of every game. When most of these people don't want to leave, they feel forced to.

Some people will never pay that money for parking, and the most likely outcome of this will be either worse problems on trains and buses, more people 'dropping off' in dangerous places (which no one wants) or people actually giving up season tickets because of the difficulties in getting to the ground without huge additional expense, which is just fcuking insane.

The reason for the high cost of parking is partly to discourage you from driving to the ground at all, and if you must drive to the ground, to encourage you to have a full car, thus spreading the cost out and reducing the number of individual cars driving to the ground. They have provided park and ride sites which will cost you nothing assuming you have a match ticket, which are not used to anything like their full capacity.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The reason for the high cost of parking is partly to discourage you from driving to the ground at all, and if you must drive to the ground, to encourage you to have a full car, thus spreading the cost out and reducing the number of individual cars driving to the ground. They have provided park and ride sites which will cost you nothing assuming you have a match ticket, which are not used to anything like their full capacity.

Seriously, where do you people get off with your 'I'm all right Jack' preaching? WHAT IF YOU DONT HAVE A FULL CAR? And the park and rides often ARE full, at least the ones the right side of the city, not to mention the fact there have been a lot of access issues on some of the most in-demand days of late. This is a totally, totally, unnecessary move and will badly affect a lot of fans, many of whom do not use those areas every match, but when they have to.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This isn't 'around the ground' though is it? It's over a mile away!

I also lived in Tuebrook which is on the edge of the restricted area. Just googled the distance to Anfield stadium and it is 1.5 miles. So that is at least as far but most probably further than Coldean to the Amex.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

And the park and ride buses are shit. Try getting to the ground for evening kick off and sit on the slip road for 20 mins. And as for loading the buses one a time after a game, well thats just insane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here