Parking in Coldean and Moulescoomb

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Apologies for the Nimby's in Coldean, I don't know anyone personally who voted for it, and I voted against.

I already let a fellow supporter use my driveway and park my car on the road, I hope I should be able to carry on doing the same.

I don't understand this bit fully: "each household would qualify for one free resident permit for every registered vehicle and one free visitor permit for every adult each year"

As we have 3 adults on the electoral roll I assume that means we will get 1 for my car + 3 others? Therefore while I currently have one person parking on my drive I will be able to support 4 fans on the lane. Not sure they have thought that one through!!
No. Sounds like the visitor permits elsewhere in Brighton I.e. only valid for one day. You'll also have to queue up at Hove Town Hall for an hour with 126 forms of ID in order to get these permits.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
I never agreed with these plans, all they needed to do was put a few double yellows in places and police it better.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can't wait to start hearing the sob stories of local residents that get a ticket for failing to display their permit !

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I never agreed with these plans, all they needed to do was put a few double yellows in places and police it better.

I agree entirely with you, then it wouldn't have cost the club money. Now sunshine why am I a prick?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Agree with this, should have been a 2 part solution, try the double yellows etc... for remainder of this season, if that doesn't solve the problem then look at alternatives. To jump straight to a residents parking scheme is short-sighted if you ask me. This will stop some people renewing next season as evening games become impossible to attend.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Out of interest, how much would people be willing to pay to park in Falmer Village? I have a friend that lives there and can accommodate 6-7 cars on his plot.

I would pay £10 per game

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Agree with this, should have been a 2 part solution, try the double yellows etc... for remainder of this season, if that doesn't solve the problem then look at alternatives. To jump straight to a residents parking scheme is short-sighted if you ask me. This will stop some people renewing next season as evening games become impossible to attend.

Woodingdean will be next when they all start parking there to get the bus down.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
How long before some of the locals start selling/lending out their guest permits at £5 a match or similar??

Remember the day home owners in goldstone lane used to charge people a tenner to stand in their front gardens...

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Can't wait to start hearing the sob stories of local residents that get a ticket for failing to display their permit !

Spot on and it will happen. I think they have shot themselves in the foot. It isn't like we park on their drives ffs! They will now have to apply for permits if they have a car they want to park on the road. What a horrible waste of money for something that happens once every two weeks for 9 months of the year. Noses, Faces. spite, off, cut, their, to, their,

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The fact that you obviously think all these people who live in these areas are in social housing,
That makes you a prick in my eyes.

Oh! Sorry, I was bought up on a Council Estate and the friends I had in Scoome and Coldean lived in Council Houses. They are all owner occupied now I suppose, or maybe not all of them?

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Oh! Sorry, I was bought up on a Council Estate and the friends I had in Scoome and Coldean lived in Council Houses. They are all owner occupied now I suppose, or maybe not all of them?

No not all of them but most in coldean are privately owned, I blame the bloody students :)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Remember the day home owners in goldstone lane used to charge people a tenner to stand in their front gardens...

It didn't cost a tenner to stand on the terraces, so why would anyone pay more to stand away from the ground?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
As far as I know, Mithras House and Racecourse P&R never actually fill up - not hard to park there.

That said, extra cars there will fill them up, so the new P&R will be needed soonish, before the new corners open too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here