Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panic Selling

D

Deleted member 2719

This.

Martin Lewis mentioned this recently. After every event or pandemic in recent decades, markets soon recovered.
We pulled 85% of our investments out several weeks ago, just waiting to pounce for some bargains, but when?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Amazing isn't it how when the price of oil goes down the price at the petrol station takes ages to catch up, but as soon as they rise the prices shoot up

D

Deleted member 2719

Clever. My SIPP manager said hold tight, investments are held for the long term in my case.
We just went with gut instinct that the Chinese we're going a bit wild over this.
I didn't touch my pension as I wasn't looking at drawing that for sometime, hoping that will recover by then!
I know too many people who take their pension early, seems mad to me.
Does anyone actually recommend that it's a good thing to take it early?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm not particularly familiar with how stocks and shares work, is this good?

[TWEET]1237009195297366028[/TWEET]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

not really. believe market will be halted due to +10% move.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Nah, Trump will tell you " That's business ".....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This.

Martin Lewis mentioned this recently. After every event or pandemic in recent decades, markets soon recovered.

I think that if/when we get through this Covid-19 chaos those of us still here are going to go on a spending spree, only problem is guessing where to invest.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We just went with gut instinct that the Chinese we're going a bit wild over this.
I didn't touch my pension as I wasn't looking at drawing that for sometime, hoping that will recover by then!
I know too many people who take their pension early, seems mad to me.
Does anyone actually recommend that it's a good thing to take it early?

Totally agree.

There are many imho crooked entities pushing people to drawdown their pension early, at incredibly healthy commission to them. Some blatantly criminal, others only with $$$$ eyes for their commission.

We may consider ourselves financially literate, but many others aren't so. I'm not left wing or pro a nanny state, but this is one area where the cowboys, advice and commission rates should be far better regulated.

I do realise that other consumers are savvy, but simply want their jam today.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Stock market crash a la 1929?

Looking like this is a day to remember, unfortunately.

Stock markets all over the world plunging (if not crashing yet) today and oil market definitely crashed.

Some people who unfortunately are quite likely to know stuff thinks this could mirror the 1929 crash:
https://www.ccn.com/this-is-1929-hedge-fund-bear-warns-of-great-depression-style-stock-market-crash/

The coronavirus may be "just a flu" or "not that bad" but it looks like its gonna **** us over either way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So are the stock markets crashing or not?

Perhaps they are crashing on this thread but not the other thread dedicated to today's stock market.

What if the stock market crashes on that thread, but not this one?

Oh it's so confusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here