Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's soul? Druma, goal music, Ultras, Eagle's flying, Groupon ect.

Feb 14, 2010
I am a tight gig, I stay right to the end to get my money's worth. Unfortunately I have sat in block b since 98 an the drum is something I could well do with out TBH, goal music and the name thing is pants but as someone has already said it's not really for the likes of me. Have no problem with groupon as long as there is not to many of them.

I still think you have to be the silent majority. Ypur fellow palace fans on here who like the drums and goal music and whoooa whooa palace palace palace ultra rubbish must be a minority. But what is this name thing and cant you have a word with the lad with the drum and tell him, well, where to stick his drum stick?!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Palace are not as bad as Wimbledon when they played at Selhurst in the PL, a soppy tune was played when they got a corner.

Feb 14, 2010
They are doing the same at Palace this year when they get a corner. The CD is still in it's cellophane wrapper.

By the sounds of 4/5 palace fans on here, they would welcome it alongside the goal music, whooa whooa palace palace palace, drums and the like. I feel sorry for Loz, he sounds like a proper football fan surrounded by the rest.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I have to say I like the cut of this fella's jib on the BBS. He is getting a lot of stick!!

Everyone here derides Brighton but looking at it objectively, they are a far better run club than we are at the moment, and it's not necessarily all about experience. Tony Bloom took over BHA in 09, only a season ahead of our owners. He has multitudes of experience in analysing football and is incredibly smart in this field but he had not run a club before.

They have a proper scouting network, which has helped them pick up excellent value in the past few years. Ulloa for £1.5m, Orlandi for free, Kuszczak for free, Buckley for £1m, Bridcutt for free, all of whom would walk into our side. They have had duds as well yes (CMS for £2.5m the prime example) but they have a clear strategy in place as well, they tend to only be spending fees on players with a big upside (young, resale value) and complement these with frees/loans with experience. And crucially, they all sign and fit into their playing philosophy.

Bloom had a list of 50 targets for when Poyet left. We were unprepared for Holloway leaving yes, but there is no evidence that there has been any focus in this managerial search whatsoever. They appointed Oscar Garcia, a relatively obscure young manager who fit into their established playing philosophy. He actually plays a lot higher tempo football than Poyet did but both rely heavily on technically skilled players. We seem to be heavily interested in appointing Pulis who goes against the playing philosophy which was declared by Parish.

We could do worse than following the example of Swansea and Brighton. Not necessarily in their exact playing philosophy of possession football, but establishing a philosophy in the first place and building everything towards that, as Parish declared we would. Pulis is not the man to establish that philosophy. If we are as desperate for survival this year and misguided enough to think that Pulis is the only way (whilst also ignoring the money he spent to keep them up every season) then we deserve to be the mid-table Championship club we're destined for whilst the likes of Swansea, Southampton, Brighton leave us in the dust."

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
By the sounds of 4/5 palace fans on here, they would welcome it alongside the goal music, whooa whooa palace palace palace, drums and the like. I feel sorry for Loz, he sounds like a proper football fan surrounded by the rest.

Loz is ok, he lives in Sussex, he has got one thing right!:smile:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I have read plenty of absolute tosh on here in the last 12 or so years, I have certainly contributed to some of it, but that is a contender for the Gold medal.

Take a bow SE20

Well thank you

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I am going to have to think of something really offensive to say to stop this love in.

Whether we like it or not palace and Brighton are similar type Clubs, In success or lack of it,fan base and with a history That has meant both clubs have had to fight just to survive. But with your rich Benifactor and our new found wealth both of us really can and should be able to push on from here.

Oh, by the way all Brighton fans are big fat Gaylord's!

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I still think you have to be the silent majority. Ypur fellow palace fans on here who like the drums and goal music and whoooa whooa palace palace palace ultra rubbish must be a minority. But what is this name thing and cant you have a word with the lad with the drum and tell him, well, where to stick his drum stick?!

:facepalm: are you doing this on purpose? who has said they like the goal music or the drum? The MIB on the other hand do create an atmosphere and get behind the team for 90 minutes, so I see nothing wrong with them

Feb 14, 2010
:facepalm: are you doing this on purpose? who has said they like the goal music or the drum? The MIB on the other hand do create an atmosphere and get behind the team for 90 minutes, so I see nothing wrong with them

I dont follow you. What is MIB and you do think drums, whooa whooa ultras, goal music and flying eagles are well just cringeworthy. I'm saying this for our good as well as yours, we dont want fans of a rival that look so noddy, it reflects badly on us...

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I dont follow you. What is MIB and you do think drums, whooa whooa ultras, goal music and flying eagles are well just cringeworthy. I'm saying this for our good as well as yours, we dont want fans of a rival that look so noddy, it reflects badly on us...

MIB, Men in black is my own personal nickname for the HF

You have asked us what we think and not one of us has said we like the drum or the goal music! but yet you say that we do. I do not mind the Eagle one bit and the MIB(HF) are okay with me. I now await your response that totally ignores this but in fact telling us we love it

Feb 14, 2010
MIB, Men in black is my own personal nickname for the HF

You have asked us what we think and not one of us has said we like the drum or the goal music! but yet you say that we do. I do not mind the Eagle one bit and the MIB(HF) are okay with me. I now await your response that totally ignores this but in fact telling us we love it

Well I dont get it, if you dont like the drum then why don't loads of you tell him to stop banging it near them? As for goal music, then we are lucky, our chairman was brought up at the Goldstone and is as against it as we are, but surely you lot can make your Chairman understand that this is England not Ammerica?

raba

Jun 9, 2013

Like a broken record and I find it laughable that you find the need to criticise support when you don't even watch the team you claim to love play live.

Sky Sports armchair fans like you are killing the game.

Andyjohnson

Feb 1, 2012

As a Palace fan I think the drum is shit, its embarrassing and its a waste of time. The idea of people calling themselves ultras and carrying on like that is cringey but they're all young lads and not like they're trying to be a firm and make out like they're up for a ruck. If they were I'd probably think differently but you've just got to let them get on with it, they are still only a small minority of our support. Groupon I dont see a problem with. So whilst I do agree with a lot of what you say I find it laughable that you seem to think you're in position to have a pop about all this, you make out you're like a West ham or a Leeds with a massive, hardcore, old school support. You keep banging on about Reading but its pretty obvious if there's one club who's DNA matches Brightons the most it would probably be Reading.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As a Palace fan I think the drum is shit, its embarrassing and its a waste of time. The idea of people calling themselves ultras and carrying on like that is cringey but they're all young lads and not like they're trying to be a firm and make out like they're up for a ruck. If they were I'd probably think differently but you've just got to let them get on with it, they are still only a small minority of our support. Groupon I dont see a problem with. So whilst I do agree with a lot of what you say I find it laughable that you seem to think you're in position to have a pop about all this, you make out you're like a West ham or a Leeds with a massive, hardcore, old school support. You keep banging on about Reading but its pretty obvious if there's one club who's DNA matches Brightons the most it would probably be Reading.

Err, why? Brighton fans would NEVER accept GOAL MUSIC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here