Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's soul? Druma, goal music, Ultras, Eagle's flying, Groupon ect.

Feb 14, 2010
I quite like the eagle and so do the kids. I do not mind the MIB as they are very good for atmosphere, nobody can say different and nobody really does except some of you lot

You are joking right? If Palace fans like a teenager with a drum, goal music, Ultras, whooa whooa and flying Eagle's then I for one vote for ending the rivalry now. You need a Reading or a club like that instead of a Brighton as a rival. I think however you are the minority, I expect most Paace fans find it as embarrassing as we did the one off clackers idea from our marketing department

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think it's quite ironic the OP has suggested we've lost our soul .
You lost your soul as soon as you walked into the Amex , when fans became customers, corporate packages, and rising prices that the majority meekly accept.
As much as you deride the HF, and I don't like all that they do, they do things independently and pay for it through donations from other CPFC fans.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You are joking right? If Palace fans like a teenager with a drum, goal music, Ultras, whooa whooa and flying Eagle's then I for one vote for ending the rivalry now. You need a Reading or a club like that instead of a Brighton as a rival. I think however you are the minority, I expect most Paace fans find it as embarrassing as we did the one off clackers idea from our marketing department

NO I AM NOT JOKING, is that clear now?

I do not mind them as they do what they set out to do, they generate an atmosphere(you may not know what that is). I did not say I liked goal music and never even mentioned it and I am not a lover of the drum but I do not mind them as a group. There are some things I do not like but as long as they do not become the norm then they are okay with me.

Feb 14, 2010
SE20, this is not meant to have a dig at Palace, its just asking what you lot are playing at at Selhurst and so there is no need to be defensive. The idea the Alion lost its soul when it got a proper ground again when it got the AMEX also betrays a lack of knowledge about football, the sale of the Goldstone, the Yok City game, Playin at Gillingham, then an athletics track called Withdean. Brighton got its soul back when it got a proper ground again but Palace, rally you do have to sort yourselves out. Goal music no. Ultras - no Whooa Whooa Palace Palace Palace - really no, Teenagers with drums - How has nobody made him wear that drum instead of banging it? Flying Eagles - Are you American or English?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I think it's quite ironic the OP has suggested we've lost our soul .
You lost your soul as soon as you walked into the Amex , when fans became customers, corporate packages, and rising prices that the majority meekly accept.
As much as you deride the HF, and I don't like all that they do, they do things independently and pay for it through donations from other CPFC fans.

Ultras are beyond cringe mate I can't beleive you tolerate them. Especially now they are donning their black hoodies and moody stone islands and making out they actually fancy a bit...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Ultras are beyond cringe mate I can't beleive you tolerate them. Especially now they are donning their black hoodies and moody stone islands and making out they actually fancy a bit...

Fancy a bit of what ??

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
SE20, this is not meant to have a dig at Palace, its just asking what you lot are playing at at Selhurst and so there is no need to be defensive. The idea the Alion lost its soul when it got a proper ground again when it got the AMEX also betrays a lack of knowledge about football, the sale of the Goldstone, the Yok City game, Playin at Gillingham, then an athletics track called Withdean. Brighton got its soul back when it got a proper ground again but Palace, rally you do have to sort yourselves out. Goal music no. Ultras - no Whooa Whooa Palace Palace Palace - really no, Teenagers with drums - How has nobody made him wear that drum instead of banging it? Flying Eagles - Are you American or English?

I would disagree.
Most weeds ( who still go) would say the atmosphere and togetherness is not the same now. At the Withdean, most knew each other, and the atmosphere was 100 times better then it is now in your sterile stadium.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I think the Eagle is great, and better than a stupid mascot...but all clubs have mascots so thats OK is it??

I think all the clubs who have visited Selhurst this season have commented on how loud and passionate the crowd is,in fact they have also mentioned this on Match of the day. So to say Selhurst is souless is just a silly thing to say, whether you agree with it or like it is a different matter.

Having been to the Amex twice it really can be loud but not sustained, and often just stops for ages...then you read this site and some dont like the songs and say they are too fast / slow, dont like the flags, clackers, standing, sitting and so on, then wonder why the ground is so quite and half of them bugger off on 80 mins winning or losing.

Before slagging off other clubs, Palace / Portsmouth / Saints / Reading, have a good look at your own support!

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I think the Eagle is great, and better than a stupid mascot...but all clubs have mascots so thats OK is it??

I think all the clubs who have visited Selhurst this season have commented on how loud and passionate the crowd is,in fact they have also mentioned this on Match of the day. So to say Selhurst is souless is just a silly thing to say, whether you agree with it or like it is a different matter.

Having been to the Amex twice it really can be loud but not sustained, and often just stops for ages...then you read this site and some dont like the songs and say they are too fast / slow, dont like the flags, clackers, standing, sitting and so on, then wonder why the ground is so quite and half of them bugger off on 80 mins winning or losing.

Before slagging off other clubs, Palace / Portsmouth / Saints / Reading, have a good look at your own support!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Feb 14, 2010
I would disagree.
Most weeds ( who still go) would say the atmosphere and togetherness is not the same now. At the Withdean, most knew each other, and the atmosphere was 100 times better then it is now in your sterile stadium.

I dont know who these most Weeds are, but I went to Withdean. At the start there was a relief to get the Albion back from Gillingham, and then a weariness, with poor football, no roof. The Amex was coming home properly, a proper ground and Brighton are back. Ive even stood in the away end as getting tickets was easier for a Leeds game a few years ago. Walking in with my Leeds mates we were all knocked out by the sound from the West Stand and all night was a cracking atmosphere. Sure, Yeovil wont be as rocking, but certainly more rocking than say Bristol City at home for you lot last year. You are like Bradford a few years ago, everyone being polite and patting you on the head for enjoying your time in the sun, but you are embarrassing with the goal music, the ultras, the whooa whooa palace palace palace and that bloody drum! This is not the club that we had a rivalry with, you have turned yourselves into Reading

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I dont know who these most Weeds are, but I went to Withdean. At the start there was a relief to get the Albion back from Gillingham, and then a weariness, with poor football, no roof. The Amex was coming home properly, a proper ground and Brighton are back. Ive even stood in the away end as getting tickets was easier for a Leeds game a few years ago. Walking in with my Leeds mates we were all knocked out by the sound from the West Stand and all night was a cracking atmosphere. Sure, Yeovil wont be as rocking, but certainly more rocking than say Bristol City at home for you lot last year. You are like Bradford a few years ago, everyone being polite and patting you on the head for enjoying your time in the sun, but you are embarrassing with the goal music, the ultras, the whooa whooa palace palace palace and that bloody drum! This is not the club that we had a rivalry with, you have turned yourselves into Reading

I would say that more of your fans than not say that we have a good atmosphere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. At the Withdean, the atmosphere was 100 times better then it is now in your sterile stadium.

I have read plenty of absolute tosh on here in the last 12 or so years, I have certainly contributed to some of it, but that is a contender for the Gold medal.

Take a bow SE20

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I would disagree.

Now you really are sounding like a fool. There was ZERO atmosphere at Withdean. None. Open stands with no roofs and the sound heading upwards to the moon. The atmosphere at the AMEX is incredible compared to Withdean.

Feb 14, 2010
Maybe I was wrong, I had thought that most palace fans thought drums, goal music, Ultras, whooa whooa Palace Palace Palace, flying Eagles and the rest were cringeworthy but doesnt sound like it. Loz seems the only one so far who is more like us. Do we really have such a happy clappy rival?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I have never spoken to anyone who likes drumming at football, and can honestly say I would not have a season ticket if they are allowed in the Amex. Don't mind the Eagle, it was really funny when the seagulls swooped on it! Ultras - lol Big flags, who on earth puts up with having one of them waved in front of them. someone should wrap the drum with the flags and burn the lot.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Loz seems the only one so far who is more like us. Do we really have such a happy clappy rival?

What in that he makes no noise at all for 80 minutes and then pishes off home? not saying he does etc
Once again, no one has said they like the drum or the goal music but the rest is working which is more than what can be said for the Amex

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would disagree.

Total rubbish :mad:
I have read plenty of absolute tosh on here in the last 12 or so years, I have certainly contributed to some of it, but that is a contender for the Gold medal.

Take a bow SE20

:clap2: You know it!!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
What in that he makes no noise at all for 80 minutes and then pishes off home? not saying he does etc
Once again, no one has said they like the drum or the goal music but the rest is working which is more than what can be said for the Amex

I am a tight gig, I stay right to the end to get my money's worth. Unfortunately I have sat in block b since 98 an the drum is something I could well do with out TBH, goal music and the name thing is pants but as someone has already said it's not really for the likes of me. Have no problem with groupon as long as there is not to many of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here