Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's financial results (waiting, waiting, waiting...)

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Aparently all in on time. Submitted early last week. Perhaps it is someone at Companies house not updating their records during the Easter break for the Brighton fans itching to find out? And you call us Nigels.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I'm not. I find it funny, very funny.

You do know which stands don't you?

The good thing is that a few Palace fans have started asking questions about where has the transfer money gone, why haven't the club made any announcements as to the plans for the ground. Some saying it will never happen unless they get promotion. So the CPFC2010 bandwagon is starting to look a little rocky now.

Manchester United Paying to Modernise Selhurst Park - CPFC BBS

I like this post in thread

Forza Palace
Here's me thinking player money would go on players. Why revamp a stadium we don't even fill?

Last edited:

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
The good thing is that a few Palace fans have started asking questions about where has the transfer money gone, why haven't the club made any announcements as to the plans for the ground. Some saying it will never happen unless they get promotion. So the CPFC2010 bandwagon is starting to look a little rocky now.

Manchester United Paying to Modernise Selhurst Park - CPFC BBS

I think you are reading a lot that isn't there. It was never going to be an over night thing. I have always had the understanding that there are certain plans to redevelop SP as it no longer seems viable to bulid new at the Park. The owners may well wish to see if indeed we do pull off a reversal of form and get up to the prem this year as that will envoke a re think of plans - I expect accelerating the plans. It was never expected that we would be this close this quick so I think biding their time to see how the land lies before committing to one plan or the other is sensible. As you guys know - it isn't a quick process.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think you are reading a lot that isn't there. It was never going to be an over night thing. I have always had the understanding that there are certain plans to redevelop SP as it no longer seems viable to bulid new at the Park. The owners may well wish to see if indeed we do pull off a reversal of form and get up to the prem this year as that will envoke a re think of plans - I expect accelerating the plans. It was never expected that we would be this close this quick so I think biding their time to see how the land lies before committing to one plan or the other is sensible. As you guys know - it isn't a quick process.

So you don't believe what Parish tells the fans then?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

They are bang in trouble, they (CPFC2010) have gambled EVERYTHING on promotion this season, Zaha had to be sold to just continue operating. The two stands, AW and Main stand, are about to lose their safety certificates, the Holmesdale is suffering subsidence.

Sainsbury's have lost interest in a joint funding operation.

All good.

Hillian 1 in hysterical Palace rant shocker !!
The main stand has I believe 2 years left on its current certificate, and getting a new one looks bleak.
The AW has no such issues, as it's a steel/ concrete structure, albeit it's facilities are terrible.
The Holmesdale has a lower concourse that has never been opened, but apparently is flooded and Ron Noades lives down there !
So Sainsburys have lost interest have they ? Any quotes to back that up ?
BTW, great thread you started yesterday after the game, one reply was it ??

Hillian 1 in hysterical Palace rant shocker !!
The main stand has I believe 2 years left on its current certificate, and getting a new one looks bleak.
The AW has no such issues, as it's a steel/ concrete structure, albeit it's facilities are terrible.
The Holmesdale has a lower concourse that has never been opened, but apparently is flooded and Ron Noades lives down there !
So Sainsburys have lost interest have they ? Any quotes to back that up ?
BTW, great thread you started yesterday after the game, one reply was it ??

head-in-the-sand.jpg

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
EP, I have no idea about accounts. I am a lowly licenced aircraft maintenance engineer.

I'd prefer to have a highly licenced engineer maintaining my aircraft...or do you mean that the aircraft you maintain have to fly below rooftop level?

I hope you're right about Shithurst NOT being about to collapse or fall into a huge underground cavern. That would be dreadful.

Parrish is probably spending the Zaha millions on hair products and mirrors as we speak.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

to be honest redeveloping is the best route, you could in fact do 3 sides at the same time, all the fans will be able to get into one stand at once, so should speed up the programme, closing 3 will not be a problem

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
In reality Palace will have a new ground within 5 years.
To be fair he did not just tell Palace fans that, but all who watched the Sky Sports presentation on the clubs plans for a new ground.

Who's to say we will not have a new/redeveloped ground by 2015? I don't see what your point is? If there is one?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Who's to say we will not have a new/redeveloped ground by 2015? I don't see what your point is? If there is one?

Buying some paint and polyfilla from Sainsburys DIY aisle isn't the solution though. CPFC2010 face a dilemma , spend the Winifred Windfall on repairs to Smellhurst OR use the money to mitigate the losses running a tinpot football club OR take out the "expenses" they have invested so far OR invest in the playing squad , they cannot do every single thing.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and fun and romance
Lets face the music
And dance.

I just keep waiting for Parish to disappear up his own backside...it's got to happen one day.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
If that is the case, seems a bit strange that CPFC2010 have left it until the last minute to lodge their accounts, especially following the resignation of their auditors.

I'm sure they have nothing to hide but.....

The resignation of auditors can be for many reasons....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here