Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's financial results (waiting, waiting, waiting...)

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
El P is right though, according to companies house, the accounts for CPFC are overdue.

Could be a number of reasons of course.

As I said before, CH will not take any action for another 6 months when a strike off notice will be issued giving a further 3 months to file. This happens quite a lot believe it or not

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
El P is right though, according to companies house, the accounts for CPFC are overdue.

Could be a number of reasons of course.

OK. Fair play. Is this a really unusual thing? (honest question)

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
There will be with two of them in roughly one year.

Ask the question to CPFC2010 on BBS, they will agree.

Seeing as you are saying this, I would rather ask you first. What are you basing this on?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Nothing to say Hillian? I guess we can put this myth to bed then.

Seeing as you are saying this, I would rather ask you first. What are you basing this on?

The council told the club about 2 years ago that they considered that they could only continue giving the Main Stand a safety certificate for about another 5 years. In the Trust's meeting with Dominic this came up briefly and he mentioned a figure of £12m for replacing the main stand like for like (which seemed about right although perhaps a bit on the low side).

Whether the position on the main stand has now deteriorated so that the Council are seriously considering bringing forward that date I do not know. There has been no work done on the main stand for some time and the situaiton may have got worse quicker than expected. The Trust will contact the Council and see if they will tell us.

Please note that this was posted in 2010, so time is running out.

Edit:

This was written by a member of your supporters trust, the AW is in a worse state.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Filing late is normal.

Means each director will get fined £100, and if problem continually persists those directors will have problems in being allowed to be directors of other companies.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Filing late is normal.

Means each director will get fined £100, and if problem continually persists those directors will have problems in being allowed to be directors of other companies.

Under FFP will this attract sanctions from the governing bodies ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Filing late is normal.

So what is the advantage of filing late?

Or is the likelyhood that it's just that someone down the food chain has made a hash of things?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So what is the advantage of filing late?

Or is the likelyhood that it's just that someone down the food chain has made a hash of things?

There is no advantage. From 5.5 years in audit reasons for filing late I have seen are:

- directors disagreeing with auditors
- directors providing management accounts late/incompetent client accountants providing useless information
- auditors being lazy/staff scheduling problems

Directors usually get really pissed off if they are late cos of the £100 fine and goes on their permanent record. I've had one director with around 15 accounts late last year lol.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
?? No idea, but I thought filing late doesn't come into play until the following year. Been in play for league 1 Nd 2 for five years (see Swindon)

Maybe the 2014/2015 season but it would be nice to know what the proposed penalty is in advance.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Palace breaking the law?

they (CPFC2010) have gambled EVERYTHING on promotion this season

They absolutely haven't.

Before the season started their transfers suggested they were preparing for a relegation fight. who would have thought a rangers reject, a Bristol city reject and a 6-goals in 40-odd games brighton reject would form an automatic promotion chasing team?

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
CPFC2010: The accounts went in to companies house early last week.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The council told the club about 2 years ago that they considered that they could only continue giving the Main Stand a safety certificate for about another 5 years.
[...]

This was written by a member of your supporters trust, the AW is in a worse state.

this is along the lines of what i was told, one stand nearly buggered, another is already. its a dirty little elephant in the room, to mix metaphors. as i was told it, the insurers werent at all happy about the safety certs being given, their man said it shouldnt pass but had to go with the council. nod and a wink, get it sorted type of affair, like your friendly MOT chap overlooking a few things "because i know you'll fix them".

this is along the lines of what i was told, one stand nearly buggered, another is already. its a dirty little elephant in the room, to mix metaphors. as i was told it, the insurers werent at all happy about the safety certs being given, their man said it shouldnt pass but had to go with the council. nod and a wink, get it sorted type of affair, like your friendly MOT chap overlooking a few things "because i know you'll fix them".

But I'm talking rubbish by all accounts, making it all up.

Well, I'm not, this one is serious and they are going to be in for a hell of a shock soon. If they do manage to go up, they could very well be playing premiership football in a 3 sided stadium.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
But I'm talking rubbish by all accounts, making it all up.

Well, I'm not, this one is serious and they are going to be in for a hell of a shock soon. If they do manage to go up, they could very well be playing premiership football in a 3 sided stadium.

A bit like Wolves last season and it could be watford next season...TBH I would not get your knickers in a twist about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here