Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's financial results (waiting, waiting, waiting...)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Predicted £4-5m loss this season, As you guys well know.

this season, with the sale of Zaha included? :ohmy: thats a running operating loss of £15-20m then.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Palace breaking the law?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you recently report a whopping £9.1m pound loss? Shouldn't you be more worried about that?

No, we have Paul Barber 'worrying' about that for us.

Since those accounts we have :

Introduced a Travel Levy to reduce transport plan losses.

Booted out Azure to increase club profits from food and drink.

Added 8000 extra seats for increased profits.

Signed up to a massive new shirt sponsorship from AMEX to increase revenue.

Stand sponsorships to come for more income.

So, back on topic...!!!

What is the spin from CPFC2010 as to why no accounts filed ??? What is hidden away in them ??? What is the problem ???

:lolol:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
No, we have Paul Barber 'worrying' about that for us.

Since those accounts we have :

Introduced a Travel Levy to reduce transport plan losses.

Booted out Azure to increase club profits from food and drink.

Added 8000 extra seats for increased profits.

Signed up to a massive new shirt sponsorship from AMEX to increase revenue.

Stand sponsorships to come for more income.

So, back on topic...!!!

What is the spin from CPFC2010 as to why no accounts filed ??? What is hidden away in them ??? What is the problem ???

:lolol:

Great! so all is rosy in Weedland. And there was me thinking that your club was being bankrolled by rich owners in much the same way that mine is. Silly me.
There has been no mention of any account discrepancies at Palace on the BBS. There are several posters there that are red hot about these sort of things too.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Great! so all is rosy in Weedland. And there was me thinking that your club was being bankrolled by rich owners in much the same way that mine is. Silly me.
There has been no mention of any account discrepancies at Palace on the BBS. There are several posters there that are red hot about these sort of things too.

At some point you'll have to pay for your decrepid stadium to be pretty much rebuilt. How much of a worry is this (serious question)?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
At some point you'll have to pay for your decrepid stadium to be pretty much rebuilt. How much of a worry is this (serious question)?

Well I think the owners are well aware that we need to upgrade at some point. However it's not decrepid. Traditional is how I like to describe it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

They are bang in trouble, they (CPFC2010) have gambled EVERYTHING on promotion this season, Zaha had to be sold to just continue operating. The two stands, AW and Main stand, are about to lose their safety certificates, the Holmesdale is suffering subsidence.

Sainsbury's have lost interest in a joint funding operation.

All good.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

They are bang in trouble, they (CPFC2010) have gambled EVERYTHING on promotion this season, Zaha had to be sold to just continue operating. The two stands, AW and Main stand, are about to lose their safety certificates, the Holmesdale is suffering subsidence.

All good.

this is common knowledge. The future does not look bright for them at all. If I was a contractor to Palace, I would be very nervous about whats going to happen in the next 12 months.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Palace breaking the law?

How can there be any mention of 'account discrepancies' (whatever that means) when there are no accounts to review. Palace appear to have broken the law, that's all I am saying.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004

All good.

Hillian, you are dreaming this up. Honestly you are. There are no safety certicate issues with any stand. This Holmesdale subsidence nonsense has been doing the rounds for at least 10 years. It's still standing Hillian!

Tony Bloom is mega rich, richer than any of our four owners individually. However, the collective wealth of our four is at least as much, if not more than Tony Bloom. For instance, Steve Browett's company, Farr Vintners, is supposedly worth £150m, and he is thought to be the least wealthy out of them all! The secretive Jeremy Hosking, some sort of financial wizard is reported to be worth several hundred million pounds. The other two, Martin Long (Churchill) and Steve Parish are somewhere inbetween.

Now I know that their personal wealth is not Palace's money but having been educated in the above, do you really think we are ' bang in trouble ' and they have ' gambled everything ' on promotion? Seriously?

Last edited:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
How can there be any mention of 'account discrepancies' (whatever that means) when there are no accounts to review. Palace appear to have broken the law, that's all I am saying.

EP, I have no idea about accounts. I am a lowly licenced aircraft maintenance engineer. I have no understanding of when accounts have to be submitted or even why they have to be. What I do know is there are several people on the BBS who would normally be on top of any financial irregularities and they would not be frightened to post them. There has been no whisper of any issues so far. That, to me, would suggest there are no issues.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There are no safety certicate issues with any stand.

Are you a structural engineer too ? Even a cowboy builder would see your stadium is falling to bits. :lol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
EP, I have no idea about accounts. I am a lowly licenced aircraft maintenance engineer. I have no understanding of when accounts have to be submitted or even why they have to be. What I do know is there are several people on the BBS who would normally be on top of any financial irregularities and they would not be frightened to post them. There has been no whisper of any issues so far. That, to me, would suggest there are no issues.

El P is right though, according to companies house, the accounts for CPFC are overdue.

Could be a number of reasons of course.

Hillian, you are dreaming this up. Honestly you are. There are no safety certicate issues with any stand. This Holmesdale subsidence nonsense has been doing the rounds for at lease 10 years. It's still standing Hillian!

Tony Bloom is mega rich, richer than any of our four owners individually. However, the collective wealth of our four is at least as much, if not more than Tony Bloom. For instance, Steve Browett's company, Farr Vintners, is supposedly worth £150m, and he is thought to be the least wealthy out of them all! The secretive Jeremy Hosking, some sort of financial wizard is reported to be worth several hundred million pounds. The other two, Martin Long (Churchill) and Steve Parish are somewhere inbetween.

Now I know that their personal wealth is not Palace's money but having been educated in the above, do you really think we are ' bang in trouble ' and they have ' gambled everything ' on promotion? Seriously?

There will be with two of them in roughly one year.

Ask the question to CPFC2010 on BBS, they will agree.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Palace breaking the law?

If that is the case, seems a bit strange that CPFC2010 have left it until the last minute to lodge their accounts, especially following the resignation of their auditors.

I'm sure they have nothing to hide but.....

I always leave it til the last minute to file my accounts ..but then that's down to bone idleness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here