Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
With Palace now having significant American ownership, and Everton potentially going the same way in a £225 million deal, we could have very shortly the following foreign investment in the Premier League

United: American
City: Abu Dhabi
Arsenal: American/Ukranian
Bournemouth: Russian/American
Southampton: Swiss
Liverpool: American
Everton: American
Palace: American
Leicester: Thai
Spurs: Bermuda (which is where Joe Lewis is based)
Villa: American
Sunderland: American
Swansea: Biggest shareholder is South African
Watford: Italian

It needs 14 clubs to agree to a change in the rules. There are now 14 foreign owners, all of whom enjoy the benefits of the new TV deal. Don't be surprised if some of them, to prevent any potential loss of these TV monies, propose a vote to end relegation, so that the PL becomes effectively a franchise, and the money is sealed in for the present members. The 'new' owners don't give a toss about the history and heritage of our game, they can only see the $$$$ signs from TV companies.

That will be the day I stop supporting pro football..I had been thinking the same for a while TBH.

With Palace now having significant American ownership, and Everton potentially going the same way in a £225 million deal, we could have very shortly the following foreign investment in the Premier League

It needs 14 clubs to agree to a change in the rules. There are now 14 foreign owners, all of whom enjoy the benefits of the new TV deal. Don't be surprised if some of them, to prevent any potential loss of these TV monies, propose a vote to end relegation, so that the PL becomes effectively a franchise, and the money is sealed in for the present members. The 'new' owners don't give a toss about the history and heritage of our game, they can only see the $$$$ signs from TV companies.

That is quite scary.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I can see 18 league PL one and a PL2

The 2 less games will be made up with overseas games in a end of season cup type thing.

I dont know too much about Bloom, but isn't he based in Australia a large percentage of the time?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can see 18 league PL one and a PL2

The 2 less games will be made up with overseas games in a end of season cup type thing.

I dont know too much about Bloom, but isn't he based in Australia a large percentage of the time?

Agreed, Scudamore is desperate for a '39th game' hosted overseas.

Problem is overseas fans only believe there are 4-5 teams in the PL.

Whether people in Singapore or Dubai will be willing to watch Palace v Sunderland on a Monday night in their own country is debatable.

The regular fans of all clubs will be further shafted and patronised.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agreed, Scudamore is desperate for a '39th game' hosted overseas.

Problem is overseas fans only believe there are 4-5 teams in the PL.

Whether people in Singapore or Dubai will be willing to watch Palace v Sunderland on a Monday night in their own country is debatable.

The regular fans of all clubs will be further shafted and patronised.

They wont -

It will be:

Man Utd
Everton
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool
City

with the rest having to make do with the millions in TV money.

plus depending on where they go a team that's big in the area - Leicester in Thailand for example (mainly in the brothels)

I am not sure the "overseas" owners will vote for it, but the American ones will as sending the league over seas is common place.

I could even see a Champions league type cup played in Asia.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They wont -

It will be:

Man Utd
Everton
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
Liverpool
City

with the rest having to make do with the millions in TV money.

plus depending on where they go a team that's big in the area - Leicester in Thailand for example (mainly in the brothels)

I am not sure the "overseas" owners will vote for it, but the American ones will as sending the league over seas is common place.

I could even see a Champions league type cup played in Asia.

I agree with you that is what the overseas fans will want, but even the vultures at the PL will struggle to justify United and Liverpool playing 7-8 games a season overseas whilst the more provincial clubs play none.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree with you that is what the overseas fans will want, but even the vultures at the PL will struggle to justify United and Liverpool playing 7-8 games a season overseas whilst the more provincial clubs play none.

Do you think they care?

They have broken away once....

As long as the smaller clubs get a cut of the cash I doubt they would either.

or they will seed it so the bigger clubs wont play each other.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If there was no relegation, the PL owners could field a side of AMATEURS and pocket ALL the TV cash themselves, safe in the knowledge that the actual results don't really matter.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do you think they care?

They have broken away once....

As long as the smaller clubs get a cut of the cash I doubt they would either.

Certainly don't care, you just have to look at the United Cup auto-renewal scheme for that.

Regardless of the competition or the desire of the fan to attend, United STH's have their bank accounts automatically emptied every time they are drawn at home in the cup.

Exeter in the third round of the FA Cup? That'll be £40 like it or lump it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If there was no relegation, the PL owners could field a side of AMATEURS and pocket ALL the TV cash themselves, safe in the knowledge that the actual results don't really matter.

Still more likely to find the back of the net than we were last season with COG and Colunga up front.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Certainly don't care, you just have to look at the United Cup auto-renewal scheme for that.

Regardless of the competition or the desire of the fan to attend, United STH's have their bank accounts automatically emptied every time they are drawn at home in the cup.

Exeter in the third round of the FA Cup? That'll be £40 like it or lump it.

That makes me laugh......

Least with Spurs I have to sign up for the auto enrollment.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That makes me laugh......

Least with Spurs I have to sign up for the auto enrollment.

That's fair enough, it can save you some hassle.

The Glazer's have shown they have nothing but contempt for the fans. Whilst SAF was delivering trophies the fans were happy to be shafted, not so sure they continue to feel that way....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I would think it would be a bit like the Super League, it gets renewed every couple of seasons.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That's fair enough, it can save you some hassle.

The Glazer's have shown they have nothing but contempt for the fans. Whilst SAF was delivering trophies the fans were happy to be shafted, not so sure they continue to feel that way....

It's useful if you know you want to go to watch the Champions of San Marino on a Thursday.

I dont think they actually realise Jose plays really dull football and its not going to get much better,

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I might be wrong here and as a Palace fan you should know and be able to correct me, but hasn't Long bailed out and his position as a director terminated. If true, are you still at ease?

For me its about percentages, now if he had sold all his shares I would be worried, along with Browett etc

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

In that case for the sake of English football, we need foreign owned Villa, Sunderland and Bournemouth relegated and any three of the English owned Middlesbrough, Burnley, Derby and Brighton promoted

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
To be fair i hope palace crash again ,end up in the third division lose their ground ,and suffer like we did **** em

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here