Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A strange coincidence that, Palace doing well and empty seats at the Amex - now where must the stay aways be going to watch their football? :)

Oh, now I get it. You were talking about actual attendances at the Amex! Guessing, in fact.

The crowds are holding up pretty well thanks, and will continue to do so after Christmas, when the 'record numbers' of half-season tickets kick in.

Lets hope your own form continues, because we know from experience, how fickle your merry gang of loose followers are.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Oh, now I get it. You were talking about actual attendances at the Amex! Guessing, in fact.

The crowds are holding up pretty well thanks, and will continue to do so after Christmas, when the 'record numbers' of half-season tickets kick in.

Lets hope your own form continues, because we know from experience, how fickle your merry gang of loose followers are.
Well you had better hope that your team perform for all those half season ticket fans expecting promotion :) Funny how that they didn't part with their cash before the season started... I hope they are true fans! best of luck over Xmas.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well you had better hope that your team perform for all those half season ticket fans expecting promotion :) Funny how that they didn't part with their cash before the season started... I hope they are true fans! best of luck over Xmas.

Yeh, I guess that a season of absolute dross and near relegation put them off. Still, the fact that 20 000 people - that's about 3000 more than Palace's average in their promotion season - bought season tickets back in August, even after last season's poor showing, shows that our crowd numbers are very resilient. 5th season syndrome or something.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

A fact that chairman Steve Parish has remarked on I believe.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Yeh, I guess that a season of absolute dross and near relegation put them off. Still, the fact that 20 000 people - that's about 3000 more than Palace's average in their promotion season - bought season tickets back in August, even after last season's poor showing, shows that our crowd numbers are very resilient. 5th season syndrome or something.
Creditable figures, I have a Brighton season ticket holder at work, he drinks in the 901 club or something like that? He thinks the attendances that are printed in the paper are way higher than the numbers turning up each week? Regardless of all that Palace are top 6 of the premier league and that's all that matters. Have a Good Christmas one and all. :drink::drink:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Regardless of all that Palace are top 6 of the premier league and that's all that matters.

You were doing so well until this point. That kind of argument is a retreat (once again) from the original premise. It can be regarded as a tacit admission that you were arguing speciously.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
http://fypfanzine.uk/podcast/6482-l...al-guest-crystal-palace-chairman-steve-parish
Steve Parish was on a fans podcast last night, Talks a lot about the investment from the yanks,Worth a listen. :thumbsup:

Sorry, do you honestly think that Brighton fans would listen to that ?. Think I have upset the apple cart with the amount of fans comments, but think i was being factual, apologies if I am incorrect, but pretty sure i was right, its nothing to be ashamed of as when/if you get a new ground you will get bigger crowds, that is another fact. Now Merry Xmas to you all and stop all this bickering,

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
You were doing so well until this point. That kind of argument is a retreat (once again) from the original premise. It can be regarded as a tacit admission that you were arguing speciously.
No not at all, I stand my ground on that Brighton do not have a larger fan base and are not a better supported club than Palace, in all truth either set of fans will argue that their club are better than the other so the argument will never end. Have a good Christmas. :wave:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Despite papajaffs comment I'd like to wish all Brighton fans a merry Xmas and we will lock horns ( on here ) very soon :kiss:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
With Palace now having significant American ownership, and Everton potentially going the same way in a £225 million deal, we could have very shortly the following foreign investment in the Premier League

United: American
City: Abu Dhabi
Arsenal: American/Ukranian
Bournemouth: Russian/American
Southampton: Swiss
Liverpool: American
Everton: American
Palace: American
Leicester: Thai
Spurs: Bermuda (which is where Joe Lewis is based)
Villa: American
Sunderland: American
Swansea: Biggest shareholder is South African
Watford: Italian

It needs 14 clubs to agree to a change in the rules. There are now 14 foreign owners, all of whom enjoy the benefits of the new TV deal. Don't be surprised if some of them, to prevent any potential loss of these TV monies, propose a vote to end relegation, so that the PL becomes effectively a franchise, and the money is sealed in for the present members. The 'new' owners don't give a toss about the history and heritage of our game, they can only see the $$$$ signs from TV companies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here