Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace vs Everton FA Cup tonight at 8 PM

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm not being a contrarian (for a change) it's a shite decision and wouldn't have been given without VAR.

But the boot was inexplicably above the ball and (hardly any) contact was made.

The very type of decision that would have had Roy, palace fans, and pundits screaming for VAR because the referee needs help.
It simply shouldn't have been given WITH VAR. It doesn't fit with the criteria they use. I just don't understand how these idiots in the VAR studio can go through the criteria and still decide its a red. That's without everyone who's ever watched football already knowing it shouldn't be a red. One of the very worst decisions.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It simply shouldn't have been given WITH VAR. It doesn't fit with the criteria they use. I just don't understand how these idiots in the studio can go through the criteria and still decide its a red. That's without everyone who's ever watches football already knowing it shouldn't be a red. One of the very worst decisions.
Listening to the post match stuff now in the studio….its no red card

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It simply shouldn't have been given WITH VAR. It doesn't fit with the criteria they use. I just don't understand how these idiots in the VAR studio can go through the criteria and still decide its a red. That's without everyone who's ever watched football already knowing it shouldn't be a red. One of the very worst decisions.

Is it another case of not seeing the football common sense ‘wood for the trees’? Micro analysis in slow mo repeats at every angle, looking to see if a footballer was ‘endangered’. Whereas in real time at real speed, it was a nothing incident.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That was a good Championship style, 1980s first division style clash.

Pluck.
Both managers would have liked the tactics and how well their respective teams carried out the instructions. Then those watching I can only think of one person who would have been thrilled to watch such clever game play, a certain Mr Moyes

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It simply shouldn't have been given WITH VAR. It doesn't fit with the criteria they use. I just don't understand how these idiots in the studio can go through the criteria and still decide its a red. That's without everyone who's ever watched football already knowing it shouldn't be a red. One of the very worst decisions.
If fitted the criteria for VAR, studs up contact.

Retro fitting multi angle, multi decision makers, onto super slo mo footage doesn't fit with football, for exactly this kind of decision.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
If fitted the criteria for VAR, studs up contact.

Retro fitting multi angle, multi decision makers, onto super slo mo footage doesn't fit with football, for exactly this kind of decision.
No it didn't. It wasn't excessive, it wasn't dangerous and he wasn't out of control. Dermot Gallagher has been banging on about the criteria all season and I'd be willing to bet an apology will be incoming from Howard Webb shortly.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
VAR is unfortunately here to stay but the point of the on field referee being sent to a screen to assess something a 'top quality' referee on VAR is what exactly?
Mr VAR ref has looked at many angles apparently so why would Mr on field go against what is clearly Mr VAR saying the decision needs changing. Imagine the uproar that would cause. The screen check is a complete waste of time.

If they had the balls to go against the recommendation then that's never given as a red. I'd have paid out a lot of £18.00 fines to the mid Sussex FA back in the day if that's a a red. 🙁

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No it didn't. It wasn't excessive, it wasn't dangerous and he wasn't out of control. Dermot Gallagher has been banging on about the criteria all season and I'd be willing to bet an apology will be incoming from Howard Webb shortly.
We're not arguing I do agree but as said, it was there to be looked and that's when it all goes to shit.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What it needs is for both managers to say in post match interview that it was a crap decision

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well I quite like that result. Though not having time for Everton or Palace I didn't watch the game and watched The Predator.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here