Palace 'Ultras' @ Watford

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Palace fans put on a show at Watford - YouTube

If you fancy cringing for the entire duration of a YouTube vid then have a watch. Fully grown men bouncing around pretending to be ultras (south London style apparently). Can't beleive anyone over 15 with a fully functioning brain would subject themselves to this sort of behaviour.

Have a mosey on over to Italy and stand in the middle of the Lazio ultras. I am sure your opinion would change.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Looks alright to me, apart from a few glow sticks isn't to different from a local ish away game for us. The snobs don't travel to away games, no padded seats :)

Fantastic support, how much I would give to be back in a crowd like that.

:lolol: Where's their video of them at Middlesbro, Barnsley, Huddersfield etc ?

So far I've seen a vid of them at Charlton & Watford - a combined travelling distance of about 50 miles.

They are a two match a season away support :ffsparr:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
With all due respect, I'm not going to take seriously the opinion of someone who feels the need to give me advice on how to be a wind up merchant. :thumbsup:

It's crap advice true, but likely due to the fact that I have better things to do than spend my time online learning how to be a WUM.

:thumbsup:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I dont see the issue, I desperately WISH we could create an atmosphere like that at our away matches. I watched the match and they sounded excellent on tele, better than we did on sat...

Fair play fella. Our away support has a decent reputation around most championship grounds, May not allways have the biggest numbers but always give it a go. Will be interesting to see if the midday kick off effects the noise volumes of both sets of fans.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
:lolol: Where's their video of them at Middlesbro, Barnsley, Huddersfield etc ?

So far I've seen a vid of them at Charlton & Watford - a combined travelling distance of about 50 miles.

They are a two match a season away support :ffsparr:

HF travel to most away games, Including Boro this season. Maybe they just don't make videos every game...

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Looking good for a cracking atmosphere for BHA v CP. The more they sing the more we will. But can we remove their padded seats before they do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I had the Watford game on in the background on Friday not, and it was clearly a decent and sustained noise made by the travelling Palace support on the night. Fair play to them etc etc.

this lot get Selhurst going every week

Get Selhurst going? Every week? Really? They must always have the day off when we visit, as Selhurst was certainly not 'going' on either of the two most recent matches.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Get Selhurst going? Every week? Really? They must always have the day off when we visit, as Selhurst was certainly not 'going' on either of the two most recent matches.
For the 1-1 draw last season, it was 1/4 empty and like a morgue. In December it was ok, but given that we were a man down and never in the game it should really have been better. Like you say, it doesn't really get 'going'.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Atmosphere:Success Ratio - CPFC BBS

:lolol::lolol:

"Atmosphere was awful in the arthur yesterday.We got a chant of "we only sing when we''re winning going.Mixture of higher expectations,brighton hangover and people not putting the effort in."

PMSL. Why don't you just give up Phallus. Even a section of your OWN FANS say we have better support than you and we know how hard that must have been for them to say! :facepalm:

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
I had the Watford game on in the background on Friday not, and it was clearly a decent and sustained noise made by the travelling Palace support on the night. Fair play to them etc etc.

I guess we all have our own opinions, but I must disagree with that statement entirely. It doesn't help that they put the away fans next to the family stand. Was much better when both sets of fans were next to each other, but still you are quite wrong sir, and I must summise you weren't there or had your Brighton goggles/earplugs on.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Wow. A few Chavs sticking their arm in the air randomly. Incredible. I have seen more atmosphere in a library.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Palace fans put on a show at Watford - YouTube

If you fancy cringing for the entire duration of a YouTube vid then have a watch. Fully grown men bouncing around pretending to be ultras (south London style apparently). Can't beleive anyone over 15 with a fully functioning brain would subject themselves to this sort of behaviour.

I see a bunch of people enjoying themselves as opposed to coming on to a website and moaning about other people enjoying themselves.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I guess we all have our own opinions, but I must disagree with that statement entirely. It doesn't help that they put the away fans next to the family stand. Was much better when both sets of fans were next to each other, but still you are quite wrong sir, and I must summise you weren't there or had your Brighton goggles/earplugs on.

Not at all, I was at both this season's and last season's games thanks. I'd rather not have been there this year, but that's football.

I stand by what I said - the home atmosphere at Selhurst was nothing special at all, but there's nothing new about that. There are probably very few teams who create an atmosphere at home that matches their efforts away. The way it works is simple:

Home fans: quietish, and on the receiving end of 'worst support we've ever seen'.
Away fans: loud, and givers of 'worst support we've ever seen' (whilst conveniently ignoring how poor they are at home themselves)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He states a FACT ^^^

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports