Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace 'Ultras' @ Watford

Jan 30, 2008
I like that video, we had a cracking night, bouncing around - the atmosphere of Palace games is why I first got a season ticket. Its all much more fun if the place is rocking. The strobe lights were a weird thing to bring (no idea how they got in, but no idea how small they are either) and it does look a bit like a disco... the flares were f***ing loud when set off and the total tool who flung a seat down into his own fans needs a good shoeing.

But if you want some noise and atmosphere then surely this is how you do it, no ? If thats not your thing I understand, and while the whole 'ultras' thing is too much for me this lot get Selhurst going every week and generally make most of the noise. They also arrange all the displays and while I understand why people take the piss it generates unity and togetherness that also helps atmosphere and who doesnt need that ? Its not like the football is always world class as I believe the first 20 at Watford highlighted...

But did we help our team get back in the game ? You're f***ing right we did. Wouldnt have bossed the last hour if we were silent and pissed off about the lads having a shocker and just complaining and moaning, we generally have the 'f*** it' attitude in such games, lets have a bit of a sing anyway - such as the "2-0 and you still dont sing" chant. Marvellous. In my opinion.

CAN ANYONE JOIN YOUR GANG :rolleyes:
Regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
palace fans put on a show at watford - youtube

if you fancy cringing for the entire duration of a youtube vid then have a watch. Fully grown men bouncing around pretending to be ultras (south london style apparently). Can't beleive anyone over 15 with a fully functioning brain would subject themselves to this sort of behaviour.
if you're happy and you know it clap your hands :smokin:
regards
DR

- - - Updated - - -

if you fancy cringing for the entire duration of a youtube vid then have a watch. Fully grown men bouncing around pretending to be ultras (south london style apparently). Can't beleive anyone over 15 with a fully functioning brain would subject themselves to this sort of behaviour.
regards
DR

- - - Updated - - -

regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
hopefully not someone with the name das reich.

- - - updated - - -

- - - updated - - -

it's the all black clothing that attracts me :love:
regards
DR

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully not someone with the name Das Reich.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair DR, they may be pikey scum, but even they have their standards
haven't we all :wink:
regards
DR

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wish flares were legal at games

NK Maribor fans brought dozens and threw them on the pitch last season against Birmingham at St Andrews in the Europa League. It caught the stewards off guard completely and they were shitting it apparentely. :lolol: Hence the heavy body search there now.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I like that video, we had a cracking night, bouncing around - the atmosphere of Palace games is why I first got a season ticket. Its all much more fun if the place is rocking. The strobe lights were a weird thing to bring (no idea how they got in, but no idea how small they are either) and it does look a bit like a disco... the flares were f***ing loud when set off and the total tool who flung a seat down into his own fans needs a good shoeing.

But if you want some noise and atmosphere then surely this is how you do it, no ? If thats not your thing I understand, and while the whole 'ultras' thing is too much for me this lot get Selhurst going every week and generally make most of the noise. They also arrange all the displays and while I understand why people take the piss it generates unity and togetherness that also helps atmosphere and who doesnt need that ? Its not like the football is always world class as I believe the first 20 at Watford highlighted...

But did we help our team get back in the game ? You're f***ing right we did. Wouldnt have bossed the last hour if we were silent and pissed off about the lads having a shocker and just complaining and moaning, we generally have the 'f*** it' attitude in such games, lets have a bit of a sing anyway - such as the "2-0 and you still dont sing" chant. Marvellous. In my opinion.

I have To agree with the last paragraph. Often a team will be inspired by fans constantly chanting and creating an atmosphere. Our away fans are often more vocal than the average fan at the Amex. Was a good atmosphere at Watford and a good second half performance by Palace.(they did only get a point though) On 17th March we will need to combat this with a wall of sound. By then I think we will have built up a momentum which will inspire everyone to get behind the Albion and 27,000 fans v 3,000 palace fans should do the trick.

- - - Updated - - -

I have To agree with the last paragraph. Often a team will be inspired by fans constantly chanting and creating an atmosphere. Our away fans are often more vocal than the average fan at the Amex. Was a good atmosphere at Watford and a good second half performance by Palace.(they did only get a point though) On 17th March we will need to combat this with a wall of sound. By then I think we will have built up a momentum which will inspire everyone to get behind the Albion and 27,000 fans v 3,000 palace fans should do the trick.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
With all due respect, I'm not going to take seriously the opinion of someone who feels the need to give me advice on how to be a wind up merchant. :thumbsup:

Sounds as though your beginning to regret your two bob snide comments then....but hey f*** you **** features see you soon ....very soon. But hey don't worry I am just winding you up :wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

- - - Updated - - -

When we do it on the pitch as we surely will..i will shout myself hoarse ...and then when i cant shout anymore i will sit there with a smug look of satisfaction...saving my last hooray for the final whistle

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Well if your happy then fair fucks to you. Personally I think it makes a mockery of our football heritage. The Europeans have their manafactured and orchestrated atmosphere, whereas us English prefer a bit of spontaneous and natural atmosphere.

Why do people think it has to be one or the other? Why can't there be a mix of European style support and the witty humour/banter that we have in the English style? :shrugs:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Sounds as though your beginning to regret your two bob snide comments then....but hey f*** you **** features see you soon ....very soon. But hey don't worry I am just winding you up :wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker:

Tell me more about this keyboard warrior thing that you mentioned??

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I dont see the issue, I desperately WISH we could create an atmosphere like that at our away matches. I watched the match and they sounded excellent on tele, better than we did on sat...

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Given how pitiful WBA and Hull fans have been in the last 2 games I've seen on TV in big games, I don't see how the OP can criticise our support.

It was the loudest away support I have heard for a long time on TV, but it doesn't help that Argie commentators turned down stadium noise and increase their whiney voices on ESPN LATAM!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I dipped in and out of the game on Friday, and when I watched all I could hear was Palace fans. Granted they look like twats and visually it's really naff (the term 'Nigels' was never more accurate) but for volume and constancy it was *grits teeth* quite impressive. And I couldn't hear a single chant about how they hate Brighton, they were just concentrating on the job in hand. Our away support is good but for volume and constancy of support we've got a long way to go before we can rival Palace. Should be a cracking atmosphere when they come down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here