Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I know what the CPFC stands for, and from the state of your spelling and grammar the 35 presumably relates to your IQ?

He even left out the decimal point when registering the username :lol:

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Hereford by a country mile

Playoff Final against Notts County

Cup Semi Final at Highbury

Cup Final

Newcastle when we got promoted to League One

Is that enough games to convince you?

Losing the semi final really hurt, especially as it was against you guys, but in the long run, given our current upswing not as big a deal as the games above.

So the cup semi/final in 83 then?

The others were important games for your club, but it's nonsense to say they were bigger matches.

Stockport and Sheffield Wednesday were more important to Palace because of what could have happened to us, but no neutral would claim they were a bigger match than a cup final or a play off.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The Rock :lolol::lol:......are you serious, surely you hit the 'R' instead of the 'C' when you chose your username.

Have you missed a "R" from the beginning of your user name ? :wink:

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
I think we will finish in the top 6 this year. You have not hit a nerve, i genuinely thought you had made a mistake in your username.

Fair enough but I just can't see it.

1. Your most successful manager in a long time is gone to be replaced by a guy who is totally inexperienced in this kind of league and hasn't done much in his managerial career other than manage a team in a pretty poor standard league.

2. 4 key first teamers in Vicente, Lopez, Bridge, and Hammond are no longer with you. 2 have yet to be replaced, if at all and 2 look to have been replaced by what looks like far weaker players in the MK Dons Chicken and (if he signs) Kemy Augustein, whom we had on loan and he didn't pull up any trees whatsoever. Also, I still think Bridcutt will be off to the Premiership by the close of this window as he is a quality player and to good for the Championship.

3. FFP looks to be hitting you hard this year after heavy recent loses. I doubt you will be seeing anymore £2.5million signings like Ulloa. Some cash also has to be saved just in case Gustavo takes up and wins a potential unfair dismissal in court.

4. You only have 1 decent striker, if he gets injured you a screwed as the rest are average at best. The same applies to your back 4, an ageing Upson aside, it looks very weak.

5. It looks an even tougher division to last year. The 3 teams coming down look so strong, Reading should walk the title and QPR and Wigan will be right up there looking at their transfer dealings so far and potential signings like Gary Hooper. Watford have exploited more loopholes so they will be challenges again. Leicester have a quality squad at this level so I expect them to have a similar season as last year.Bolton and Blackburn underachieved last year and in Rhodes, Blackburn have a player that will get close to 30 goals. Leeds have McDermott who is a fantastic manager, Forest looked ten times stronger since Davies has gone back and the same can be applied for Ipswich since Mick McCarthy took over. Then then is always a surprise package or 2, my tips this year are Derby and Bournemouth.

Rivalry aside, I think it's going to be very tough for you.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

1. Your most successful manager in a long time is gone to be replaced by a guy who is totally inexperienced in this kind of league and hasn't done much in his managerial career other than manage a team in a pretty poor standard league.

2. 4 key first teamers in Vicente, Lopez, Bridge, and Hammond are no longer with you. 2 have yet to be replaced, if at all and 2 look to have been replaced by what looks like far weaker players in the MK Dons Chicken and (if he signs) Kemy Augustein, whom we had on loan and he didn't pull up any trees whatsoever. Also, I still think Bridcutt will be off to the Premiership as he is a quality player and to good for the Championship.

3. FFP looks to be hitting you hard this year after heavy recent loses. I doubt you will be seeing anymore £2.5million signings like Ulloa. Some cash also has to be saved just in case Gustavo takes up and wins a potential unfair dismissal in court.

4. You only have 1 decent striker, if he gets injured you a screwed as the rest are average at best. The same applies to your back 4, an ageing Upson aside, it looks very weak.

5. It looks an even tougher division to last year. The 3 teams coming down look so strong, Reading should walk the title and QPR and Wigan will be right up there looking at there transfer dealings so far and potential signings like Gary Hooper. Watford have exploited more loopholes so they will be challenges again. Leicester have a quality squad at this level so I expect them to have a similar season as last year.Bolton and Blackburn underachieved last year and in Rhodes, Blackburn have a player that will get close to 30 goals. Leeds have McDermott who is a fantastic manager, Forest looked ten times stronger since Davies has gone back and the same can be applied for Ipswich since Mick McCarthy took over. Then then is always a surprise package or 2, my tips this year are Derby and Bournemouth.

You've got to love some of the rubbish Palace fans come up with. How exactly was Vicente a key first teamer? He hardly played for us. Bridge has not been replace by Chicksen (he has replaced Painter and sounds like an improvement). As for Agustien being far weaker than Hammond, what rubbish. It is funny how most Palace fans say he is a good player (just a couple of trolls slagging him off).

Whatever you say about Oscar, he won the league with Maccabi Tel Aviv. This is the first time in 10 years they won it so however strong you regard their league as being, it was still a great achievement. He is also highly regarded at Barcelona but I'm sure you know more than them.

We are reacting to FFP but we still have the same budget as last year so will invest in 3 or 4 more players before the transfer window closes. Barnes, CMS and Hoskins are all decent options as back up at this level and having Ulloa all season will ensure we get goals.

It looked a tough division last year when I thought Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves would all do well and we all know how that happened. It is impossible to predict the Championship and QPR and Wigan will probably lose players before the season starts.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about record low points tally in the Premier League than coming on our forum and mouthing off.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011

2. 4 key first teamers in Vicente, Lopez, Bridge, and Hammond are no longer with you. 2 have yet to be replaced, if at all and 2 look to have been replaced by what looks like far weaker players in the MK Dons Chicken and (if he signs) Kemy Augustein, whom we had on loan and he didn't pull up any trees whatsoever. Also, I still think Bridcutt will be off to the Premiership by the close of this window as he is a quality player and to good for the Championship.

5. It looks an even tougher division to last year. The 3 teams coming down look so strong, Reading should walk the title and QPR and Wigan will be right up there looking at their transfer dealings so far and potential signings like Gary Hooper. Watford have exploited more loopholes so they will be challenges again. Leicester have a quality squad at this level so I expect them to have a similar season as last year.Bolton and Blackburn underachieved last year and in Rhodes, Blackburn have a player that will get close to 30 goals. Leeds have McDermott who is a fantastic manager, Forest looked ten times stronger since Davies has gone back and the same can be applied for Ipswich since Mick McCarthy took over. Then then is always a surprise package or 2, my tips this year are Derby and Bournemouth.

Hello Mr Rock, my mate Tom in Enfield( Spurs through and through) is asking if Palace will have their top boys ready for when the come down?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Unfortunately for any Palace fans who are desparately clinging to the hope we'll fail next year, your analysis has somewhat jumped the gun with 5 weeks until the transfer window shuts.

I reckon you'll have to redraft it at the end of August :lolol:

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

You have stated which players we have lost, but the transfer window is not closed yet. Time for another 4 signings.
Do not worry about us, maybe concentrate on your own club and the players that you have, and the manager you have.
So far you have signed a player from Posh, an extension of contract to a player legible for vets and Masters football, a Spanish U20 player who will have no Spanish mates around him, and will feel deflated when he sees the stadium he has to call home. Oh and you're after a West Ham wash up who can get nowhere near a first team place.......Should serve you well in the Prem.

Last edited:

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
You've got to love some of the rubbish Palace fans come up with. How exactly was Vicente a key first teamer? He hardly played for us. Bridge has not been replace by Chicksen (he has replaced Painter and sounds like an improvement). As for Agustien being far weaker than Hammond, what rubbish. It is funny how most Palace fans say he is a good player (just a couple of trolls slagging him off).

Whatever you say about Oscar, he won the league with Maccabi Tel Aviv. This is the first time in 10 years they won it so however strong you regard their league as being, it was still a great achievement. He is also highly regarded at Barcelona but I'm sure you know more than them.

We are reacting to FFP but we still have the same budget as last year so will invest in 3 or 4 more players before the transfer window closes. Barnes, CMS and Hoskins are all decent options as back up at this level and having Ulloa all season will ensure we get goals.

It looked a tough division last year when I thought Blackburn, Bolton and Wolves would all do well and we all know how that happened. It is impossible to predict the Championship and QPR and Wigan will probably lose players before the season starts.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about record low points tally in the Premier League than coming on our forum and mouthing off.

It's funny isn't it... Vicente was the best player to ever grace the blue and white last season...now he's gone, he's a waste of space!

Oscar did well in Israel but I think next year will be a tough learning curve and replacing a successful and popular man like Gus will be tough. It won't help as your fans clearly have delusions of grandeur and will expect you to be top 6, many will get on his back if he starts badly.

Augustein is a good player but you need a lot more than just good to get out of this league. How do you know that Chickenson isn't Bridge's replacement? Your FFP loses indicate that cut backs need to be made so he could well be a cheap replacement.

As you say, Blackburn and Bolton under-achieved last year, I can't see it happening again, last year was a bit of a one of in the Championship and luckily for us we took our chance.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's funny isn't it... Vicente was the best player to ever grace the blue and white last season...now he's gone, he's a waste of space!

Oscar did well in Israel but I think next year will be a tough learning curve and replacing a successful and popular man like Gus will be tough. It won't help as your fans clearly have delusions of grandeur and will expect you to be top 6, many will get on his back if he starts badly.

Augustein is a good player but you need a lot more than just good to get out of this league. How do you know that Chickenson isn't Bridge's replacement? Your FFP loses indicate that cut backs need to be made so he could well be a cheap replacement.

As you say, Blackburn and Bolton under-achieved last year, I can't see it happening again, last year was a bit of a one of in the Championship and luckily for us we took our chance.

Worryingly I think you actually believe the crap that you type.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Your concern for our welfare is touching. May be a better idea to go on your own forum and perhaps instill optimism in your own camp.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Wishful thinking for the Palace Fools.

Tony is running the club right up to the maximum FFP loss cap - the more other areas are cut, the higher the playing budget is. That seems too complex for some of the dimwits from Selhurst to grasp :lolol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Augustein is a good player but as I you need a lot more than just good to get out of this league. How do you know that Chickenson isn't Bridge's replacement? Your FFP loses indicate that cut backs need to be made so he could well be a cheap replacement.

When he played, Vicente was the best player to play for us. However, I think he made only 12 appearances for us last season so he can hardly be called "key", can he?

Our fans have delusions of grandeur? Are you sure? Palace fans are far more deluded than ours. Hence how many of you come on here gloating. I find it funny you weren't on here in March after we beat you 3-0.

You were assuming Chicksen is replacing Bridge and I'm assuming he is replacing Painter. Neither of us know but I think I'm more likely to be right.

I really hope you fail miserably in the Premier League, as that would stop people like you coming on here and gloating. It is so boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here