Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Everything you do is preparing for next year in the Championship. Even your ever dwindling die hard support knows that.

You couldn't be more wrong. Most of us are now quietly confident we can stay up if we get 2 or 3 more decent signings.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It's just bonkers. Such a nice day outside. Go and sit in a park with a magnum or something.

Spending any time on a day like today on a rival's messageboard is definitively mental.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Please tell me Grimbo, why you think a signing like this (he is the U20 Spanish captain and started for Seville last season) is a sign we are preparing for the Championship?

You cannot honestly believe the players being signed at the moment will keep Palace up , they are being signed to be very decent players in The Championship. The downside is they will be on Premier League wages after relegation.

You couldn't be more wrong. Most of us are now quietly confident we can stay up if we get 2 or 3 more decent signings.

I think you need to get your first decent signing.:rotlf:

Never has a Club been linked to so many players and signed so few.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have you ever been to Sunderland? Come on SOG, you can think of a better example than them for that joke.

Yes I have , distant relatives live in the area and Sunderland is like Saint Tropez compared to Croydon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He's a good player, sadly it's a decent deal for them.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Please tell me Grimbo, why you think a signing like this (he is the U20 Spanish captain and started for Seville last season) is a sign we are preparing for the Championship?
He may be sensational, but more likely to be a peripheral figure as a young lad away from home for the first time at a club where there doesn't appear to be any other Spanish speakers. One for the future perhaps?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Given how much you all seem to love signing a Spaniard, normally completely unknown in the UK other than Vicente, how do you feel about Palace pulling off such an exciting signing?

We're all understandably quite excited at CPFC.

Why are you excited? If we did this, you'd all find some embarrassingly convoluted reason to "laugh at us" for it - "Oh look, they think they're Barcelona in their shit wonky stadium etc"

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

This is a question of curiosity about the new player, not being bitter/slanderous etc..

Is he actually going to play in your first team? I'd be surprised if Holloway abandons the method you used vs us, of having two bruisers of CDMs in front of the back four.. There's only one attacking midfield spot ahead of them? To allow for two wingers and a striker? I presume this lad is an attacking midfielder, so does this mean that Johnny Williams (sp?) who you rate highly is not expected to start? And Dobbie?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You cannot honestly believe the players being signed at the moment will keep Palace up , they are being signed to be very decent players in The Championship. The downside is they will be on Premier League wages after relegation.

Everyone said the same about Holloways Blackpool. They had players like Ian Evatt, Craig Cathcart, Luke Varney, Gary Taylor Fletcher and Marlon Harewood playing week in week out for them, Charlie Adam aside they lacked quality but they came within 30 minutes of survival. I would say our team is already better and we have more money than they did, it's widespread knowledge that their chairman was very tight with money for wages and transfer fees.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Every said the same about Holloways Blackpool. They had players like Ian Evatt, Craig Cathcart, Luke Varney, Gary Taylor Fletcher and Marlon Harewood playing week in week out for them, Charlie Adam aside they lacked quality but they came within 30 minutes of survival. I would say our team is already better and we have more money than they did, it's widespread knowledge that their chairman was very tight with money for wages and transfer fees.

So why did you sell your best player back in January then?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
This is a question of curiosity about the new player, not being bitter/slanderous etc..

Is he actually going to play in your first team? I'd be surprised if Holloway abandons the method you used vs us, of having two bruisers of CDMs in front of the back four.. There's only one attacking midfield spot ahead of them? To allow for two wingers and a striker? I presume this lad is an attacking midfielder, so does this mean that Johnny Williams (sp?) who you rate highly is not expected to start? And Dobbie?

Most expect Campana to play next to Jedinak. Campana apparently is a player who can get stuck in but is also an excellent passer so a real upgrade on KG.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Every said the same about Holloways Blackpool. They had players like Ian Evatt, Craig Cathcart, Luke Varney, Gary Taylor Fletcher and Marlon Harewood playing week in week out for them, Charlie Adam aside they lacked quality but they came within 30 minutes of survival. I would say our team is already better and we have more money than they did, it's widespread knowledge that their chairman was very tight with money for wages and transfer fees.

Those players you mention had the maturity and experience to be in with a chance , when Blackpool got promoted they didn't have a lightweight squad. Adding a 20 year old Croatian that you're eager to sign at £850k isn't going to help either.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's a good player, sadly it's a decent deal for them.

Precisely what I was going to say. Fantastic signing, it's a pity nobody else stepped in when it was first rumoured they were after him.

Hopefully there'll be a TINY relegation release clause. But sadly, I suspect it will be large. And they'll probably get it too.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Given how much you all seem to love signing a Spaniard, normally completely unknown in the UK other than Vicente, how do you feel about Palace pulling off such an exciting signing?

We're all understandably quite excited at CPFC.

Well done although it's a big ask for the lad to abandon all his technical skills and adopt Palarse's hoofball approach.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Those players you mention had the maturity and experience to be in with a chance , when Blackpool got promoted they didn't have a lightweight squad. Adding a 20 year old Croatian that you're eager to sign at £850k isn't going to help either.

And players like Speroni, Gabbidon, Delaney, Jedinak, Thomas, Phillips and Dobbie don't have maturity and experiance?

Everyone said the same about Holloways Blackpool. They had players like Ian Evatt, Craig Cathcart, Luke Varney, Gary Taylor Fletcher and Marlon Harewood playing week in week out for them, Charlie Adam aside they lacked quality but they came within 30 minutes of survival. I would say our team is already better and we have more money than they did, it's widespread knowledge that their chairman was very tight with money for wages and transfer fees.

Unfortunately for you everyone else in the Prem has more money as well. Cardiff and Hull are much better prepared, and much better sides than you. You've lost Zahaha & Murray - Williams is injury prone and mentally weak and the rest are Championship at best.

I note that Campanal missed the majority of last season with a fractured foot. One stamp and he's gone as well.

I am afraid you will be a laughing stock on the field and , as always, on the terraces this coming season. Enjoy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports