Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace rumoured to be after Ulloa

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Additionally Ulloa was playing in a poorer team. Stats can be dressed up and presented in a multitude of ways but they never tell the full story.

True. But Murray has a better rating on Whoscored so that's clearly enough to decide that he's the superior striker. :thumbsup:

Toast

Aug 16, 2013
From playing in front of 31k passionate Leicester fans at the modern Kingpower to walking out in front of 22k tourist fans with various Premier League affiliations at an outdated archaic stadium. Hmmm....tempting....

It says Palace rumoured to be after Leicester, not Brighton...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not convinced by this to be honest, his stats are worse than Glenn's. They would want to make a profit on their £10m outlay and I don't think we could justify paying that sort of money for an average striker at PL level. We'll need to sign better players than Ulloa to ensure that we finish in the top half again next season. I'd much rather we saved Ulloa's wages for Cabaye.

Because stats, of course, tell the whole story in football ...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Not a bad adition to the squad but I wouldn't want to pay too much for hm due to the sell on clause . He's not been a regular for Leicester so I think the move hasn't been great for both of them ( the family not settling up north being one reason ) so this could have some substance to it . I did hear that Steve had difficultity dealing with bloom trying to get a deal before so hopefully he will Get a good deal with Leicester . Bearing this in mind I don't think he would be keen on letting you have Glenn which is fine by me .

I hope you've communicated all this to Al and Steve. I'm sure none of us would want them to do anything you weren't entirely happy with.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
For me this would feel worse than when Murray went up the road. Murray probably a better all round player, but Leo really got what the Albion is.
Still, a pro has to do what he has to do.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
From playing in front of 31k passionate Leicester fans at the modern Kingpower to walking out in front of 22k tourist fans with various Premier League affiliations at an outdated archaic stadium. Hmmm....tempting....

Old Leo must have loved trotting out at the AMEX with it's 10,000 empty seats and the Police box crew cranking it up.:mad:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Old Leo must have loved trotting out at the AMEX with it's 10,000 empty seats and the Police box crew cranking it up.:mad:

Did your players mind trotting out to 10,000 empty seats at your pitiful dump when you were last in the Championship with your hilarious little "ultras" in the corner there?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Did your players mind trotting out to 10,000 empty seats at your pitiful dump when you were last in the Championship with your hilarious little "ultras" in the corner there?

Not sure, But I'd guess they enjoyed playing in front of a crowd that backs their players and makes some noise.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure, But I'd guess they enjoyed playing in front of a crowd that backs their players and makes some noise.
I bet they really loved watching Holloway get the throat-slitting gestures :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"I didn't think Ulloa could do it at this level, I have to be honest. We didn't think he could maybe step up like he has done."

Wonder what he was thinking of Ulloa during the 3-0 spanking?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

:lolol: Empty seats - the Sainsburys stand and the decrepit one next to it is well stocked with them for your Premier League fixtures. If it wasn't for Premiership tourists buying seats in the home stands crumbling Shithurst Park would be 10k short of capacity every match, even for the visit of the big guns..

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
:lolol: Empty seats - the Sainsburys stand and the decrepit one next to it is well stocked with them for your Premier League fixtures. If it wasn't for Premiership tourists buying seats in the home stands crumbling Shithurst Park would be 10k short of capacity every match, even for the visit of the big guns..

The home attendance has risen by about 5k moving from the Championship to the big boys league. Away supporters tend to bring the full 3000 rather than 1000-1500 that championship clubs do. Home support has risen from 16k to 21-22k. Similar numbers to our previous gates in the top league.

Now I seem to remember your attendances rising when your new £100m temple of disappointment was built, All returning fans I suppose? Not a Premiership supporting local in attendance I presume? :thumbsup:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
The home attendance has risen by about 5k moving from the Championship to the big boys league. Away supporters tend to bring the full 3000 rather than 1000-1500 that championship clubs do. Home support has risen from 16k to 21-22k. Similar numbers to our previous gates in the top league.

Now I seem to remember your attendances rising when your new £100m temple of disappointment was built, All returning fans I suppose? Not a Premiership supporting local in attendance I presume? :thumbsup:

So what you are saying is, that although you are playing in the best league in the world that you do not have the fan base to fill your ground.
Average attendance this season 2k below capacity. And there was you lot creaming yourselves at the fairy tale announcement 5 years ago, that you were going to have a brand new 40k all seater stadium built. Hows those plans coming along?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As always with this lot, there is a big difference between promises and reality

2.jpg

1.jpg

Carshaltonloyal

Jan 18, 2011
Back on subject , do you think ulloa will make enough impact coming off the bench to help us turn from a mid table premier league team to top eight / Europa league ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here