Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace rumoured to be after Ulloa

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
well wouldn't that be a big smack around the chops for the board , bad enough that elphick , cook and noone left us to go directly to the prem but for len and ffs to be netting continuously and in tandem for the filthy croydon troggs,,,ooohhh woooodern it be laaaaaverleeeeee...!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hopefully we will get something from a sell on clause. Not a total disaster.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
And the Eagles have been interested in the hitman before, in 2013 following their promotion to the Premier League.

"We made a bid on him in the season before when Ian Holloway was in charge," Palace co-owner Steve Parish told the Advertiser last September.

"I didn't think Ulloa could do it at this level, I have to be honest. We didn't think he could maybe step up like he has done."

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Past caring about what happens with those goons, except to say that whenever their relegation occurs it will be a sweet moment.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
'Who's that man from Argentina?'
That's the chant we used to bark
Leo often made us glad
Now he's gone to a sh1thole clad
At the karzy we all know as Smellhurst Park.

God I'm bored today

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
well wouldn't that be a big smack around the chops for the board , bad enough that elphick , cook and noone left us to go directly to the prem but for len and ffs to be netting continuously and in tandem for the filthy croydon troggs,,,ooohhh woooodern it be laaaaaverleeeeee...!!

I'm not sure that stepping down to League One, as Elphick and Cook did, exactly counts as "directly to the Prem" ...

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
This isn't in the same league as losing Murray to Palace for free... we got TEN MILLION for Ulloa, that was good business any day of the week - and well done to the board for the initial fee along with the non relegation clause.

Murray cost Palace nothing and fired them into the Premier League, we should have kept him - that was the biggest mistake made by all concerned. Now, if Ulloa going to Palace frees up Murray to potentially come to us? Would anyone turn that down?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It would obviously suit Leo to carry on living down here and keep his family, specifically Mrs U, away from CPFC. In view of, you know, innuendo about a certain Palace employee and his liking for the Latin ladies.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't really know why some people are osessed with former players. it's not only brighton fans because other clubs fans do it.

Seldom does someone who is successfull in one spell create the same sucess, secont time around. neil harris did it at Millwall but i cannot think of any others because , they are often older or playing with a different group of players second tome around that perhaps don't suit his style of play as much as the previous group did.

I trust the manager to put together a sqad of players that will make us competative next year because he summarised every position we need to stregthen and has been looking ate every club in the country and around a lot of Europe to see who we might be able to afford to bring on board.

Things should start to happen on the transfer fron soon because a lot of contracts are up at 30th June. At that point we will know who is released that we could get for free and who we would need to pay a fee for if we wanted to sign. There is no point on forking out a fee, if we might be able to get someone who is released soon

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Not sure if this rumour has any legs or not. Ulloa has always looked a bit awkward to me, although his scoring record is decent. He would suit our one up top formation though and would make sense for him if he wants to come back to live in Brighton full time.

I think we would keep Murray as back up though if Ulloa does arrive at Selhurst.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh great everyone is now happy for the AMEX eras only quality forward to play for palace, just so long as an ancient, over the hill, relic, who was hardly appreciated when playing here, returns to the Albion.

People please please look PROGRESS up in the dictionary.

Sure it's been in limited supply recently but it doesn't mean we, as fans, shouldn't strive for it.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Not a bad adition to the squad but I wouldn't want to pay too much for hm due to the sell on clause . He's not been a regular for Leicester so I think the move hasn't been great for both of them ( the family not settling up north being one reason ) so this could have some substance to it . I did hear that Steve had difficultity dealing with bloom trying to get a deal before so hopefully he will Get a good deal with Leicester . Bearing this in mind I don't think he would be keen on letting you have Glenn which is fine by me .

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
There is more chance of an England call up for Murray than seeing him playing championship football any time soon

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Oh great everyone is now happy for the AMEX eras only quality forward to play for palace, just so long as an ancient, over the hill, relic, who was hardly appreciated when playing here, returns to the Albion.

People please please look PROGRESS up in the dictionary.

Sure it's been in limited supply recently but it doesn't mean we, as fans, shouldn't strive for it.
Doesn't matter how much we, the fans, strive for it, if the club aren't prepared to put the players on the pitch there's precious little we can do :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here