Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace rumoured to be after Ulloa

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Indeed. We need to be focusing on our summer signings, and our season rather than worry about the goons up the road.

Who knows, he may deliver the penalty miss which sends them down.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Somehow Palace always manage to get one over on us, and rub it in until it hurts.

5-0, 2-3, the first defeat at the Amex, the playoffs, Murray...

We'd already lost twice by the time they beat us. When you start adding qualifiers, (like first competitive game or first league game) it all starts to feel like a a bit of a stretch to me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I sincerely believe that Palace have a hex on us

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Somehow Palace always manage to get one over on us, and rub it in until it hurts.

5-0, 2-3, the first defeat at the Amex, the playoffs, Murray...

Ulloa signing for Palace is exactly the kind of thing that would happen to us. He'll probably become their top scorer and become a Palace legend, as he scores the goals to help them qualify for Europe or win a major trophy, while we hover around mid-table mediocrity in the Championship for years to come.

Oh well, at least they haven't signed Bobby Z... now that really would hurt
Yes, but historically I think they don't have a better record against us than we have against them. We have beaten them 5-0 for example.

Sure, they beat us in the playoffs, but we'll get our revenge one day. It's destiny. It will be served cold, and very sweet.

They probably know it as well. Deep down.

Might even relegate them from the Premier League or beat them in the Cup Final, for example. No need to be glum about the future.

But first we have to concentrate on getting promoted out of this league, so all we need worry about for now is making some good signings this summer.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
From playing in front of 31k passionate Leicester fans at the modern Kingpower to walking out in front of 22k tourist fans with various Premier League affiliations at an outdated archaic stadium. Hmmm....tempting....

22k tourist fans is harsh, 8-9k more like it

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leicester will only be cashing in on Spanish Len for bids in excess of £15M. If he signs for the SCUM will he have NIGELLOA on the back of his shirt ???

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Not convinced by this to be honest, his stats are worse than Glenn's. They would want to make a profit on their £10m outlay and I don't think we could justify paying that sort of money for an average striker at PL level. We'll need to sign better players than Ulloa to ensure that we finish in the top half again next season. I'd much rather we saved Ulloa's wages for Cabaye.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Can't see it happening.
It's silly season , every club are being linked to players, especially those with money to spend.
If it means you getting more money, I definitely hope it doesn't happen.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Not convinced by this to be honest, his stats are worse than Glenn's. They would want to make a profit on their £10m outlay and I don't think we could justify paying that sort of money for an average striker at PL level. We'll need to sign better players than Ulloa to ensure that we finish in the top half again next season. I'd much rather we saved Ulloa's wages for Cabaye.

How are the stats worse than Glenns? Glenn has played 31 premier league games and scored 8 goals. Leornardo has played 37 games and scored 11 goals so Glenn scores a goal every 3.875 games and Leonardo scores a goal every 3.36 games.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leicester fan on Twitter:

there's more chance of our players being allowed back to Thailand unsupervised than us selling Ulloa

Who knows though - if it's personal reasons and they want to stay down here there will be limited options for him to stay in the prem. Obviously he'd rather stay at Leicester given the chance.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
How are the stats worse than Glenns? Glenn has played 31 premier league games and scored 8 goals. Leornardo has played 37 games and scored 11 goals so Glenn scores a goal every 3.875 games and Leonardo scores a goal every 3.36 games.

I was talking about last season. We can't compare Glenn's first season in the PL as he had just come back from his terrible cruciate injury and all but 3 of his appearances were very brief sub cameos to gain match fitness.. Glenn had nine starts and eight sub apps last season, scoring 7 goals and getting 3 assists (886 mins). Ulloa had three times as many minutes and only scored 13 goals with 3 assists.

If you look at Glenn's goals per minute (a much more accurate stat than the misleading goals per appearence) he has a much better record than Ulloa.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I was talking about last season. We can't compare Glenn's first season in the PL as he had just come back from his terrible cruciate injury and all of his appearances were very brief sub cameos to gain match fitness.. Glenn had nine starts and eight sub apps last season, scoring 7 goals and getting 3 assists (886 mins). Ulloa had three times as many minutes and only scored 13 goals with 3 assists.

If you look at Glenns goal per minute (a much more accurate stat than goals per appearence) he has a much better record than Ulloa.

Additionally Ulloa was playing in a poorer team. Stats can be dressed up and presented in a multitude of ways but they never tell the full story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here