Palace relegation watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Why are Palace fans being so gobby about staying up. Theoretically they could still go down couldn't they? Lose both remaining games while Sheff Utd win, and with a 9 goal swing it could mean league 1 action for the scum.

Not saying it will happen, but if that was us there is no way I'd be strutting around insisting we had done it. ???

Agree with you,a couple of 3-0 defeats for us and a couple of 2-0 wins for them and were f***ed.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I am sure we will,provided there are not ludicrous ticket purchasing restrictions like last time.

What were they? Not having a dig, serious question.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
What were they? Not having a dig, serious question.

To apply for tickets you had to have proof of attendance of I think it was 5 specified away games,cant remember which ones but I seem to remember them being the trickier ones of that season,think Stoke away midweek was one of them,cant remember if you had to be a season ticket holder as well.
I did not think they would have gone on general sale but tried on the off chance on the Friday and struck lucky.I too was surprised we did not sell out,whether some people did not think they would get to general sale and did not bother I don't know.

I am sure we will sell our allocation if we play you next season.

May 2, 2010
To apply for tickets you had to have proof of attendance of I think it was 5 specified away games,cant remember which ones but I seem to remember them being the trickier ones of that season,think Stoke away midweek was one of them,cant remember if you had to be a season ticket holder as well.
I did not think they would have gone on general sale but tried on the off chance on the Friday and struck lucky.I too was surprised we did not sell out,whether some people did not think they would get to general sale and did not bother I don't know.

f/uck me Arfur it's been such a long time they've been in our league surprised you can remember

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agree with you,a couple of 3-0 defeats for us and a couple of 2-0 wins for them and were f***ed.
Looking at the fixtures

Hull v Crystal Palace
Doncaster v Leicester
Sheff Utd v Barnsley

Crystal Palace v Nott'm Forest
Middlesbrough v Doncaster
Swansea v Sheff Utd

Of that lot, only Palace are playing anyone with something to play for - Forest on the last day. So I think Hull f***ing up their home game with Middlesbrough has pretty much saved you. Had they won that by a couple of goals, they'd have been 2 points and 4 goals behind Forest and would have looked for goals against you at the KC. Instead, I can't see Hull busting a gut on their last home game, a 1-0 home win would do them. It would probably be OK for Palace too, as long as Sheff Utd don't win 6-0 at home to Barnsley.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
what the stadium that has a far bigger capacity then the multi million pound complex you have?

What? The old decrepit one bolted onto the supermarket that has a capacity of about 26,000 (only 4,000 bigger than our current capacity and smaller than the planned capacity)? Your current stadium had a max attendance this year has been 20,000 and an average of 15,000. That's a darn sight less than the number of STs sold at Falmer and will probably be around 6,000 less than our average gates next season. Or do you mean this mythical new one that you haven't even secured yet?

If you struggle again next year which you will - the board need the money for the new ground and considering they haven't bothered investing in new players and went for the cheap option with your crap manager too there's no reason to assume that things will change - then your ST sales are going to be flatlining at a number far far fewer than ours. Sorry JE. Shit team, shit ground, shit manager and an ever-dwindling fanbase. Actually I'm not sorry. It's quite funny actually.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Fair enough, that does sound ridiculous.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As Palace beat Leeds I can't see them doing too badly at home to Forest and I can't see Sheffield Utd getting sod all at Swansea. What is quite amazing is that despite being a crap side in a not very nice stadium Palarse are getting decent crowds right now, they're doing a lot better than play off chasing Millwall.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Looking at the fixtures

Hull v Crystal Palace
Doncaster v Leicester
Sheff Utd v Barnsley

Crystal Palace v Nott'm Forest
Middlesbrough v Doncaster
Swansea v Sheff Utd

Of that lot, only Palace are playing anyone with something to play for - Forest on the last day. So I think Hull f***ing up their home game with Middlesbrough has pretty much saved you. Had they won that by a couple of goals, they'd have been 2 points and 4 goals behind Forest and would have looked for goals against you at the KC. Instead, I can't see Hull busting a gut on their last home game, a 1-0 home win would do them. It would probably be OK for Palace too, as long as Sheff Utd don't win 6-0 at home to Barnsley.

Many seasons ago we thought we were safe,had to rely on Oldham not winning there last three games which included a game away against the second or third placed team,we needed a point away at Arsenal,they won all three and we lost.
I take nothing for granted.

May 2, 2010
What? The old decrepit one bolted onto the supermarket that has a capacity of about 26,000 (only 4,000 bigger than our current capacity and smaller than the planned capacity)? Your current stadium had a max attendance this year has been 20,000 and an average of 15,000. That's a darn sight less than the number of STs sold at Falmer and will probably be around 6,000 less than our average gates next season. Or do you mean this mythical new one that you haven't even secured yet?

If you struggle again next year which you will - the board need the money for the new ground and considering they haven't bothered investing in new players and went for the cheap option with your crap manager too there's no reason to assume that things will change - then your ST sales are going to be flatlining at a number far far fewer than ours. Sorry JE. Shit team, shit ground, shit manager and an ever-dwindling fanbase. Actually I'm not sorry. It's quite funny actually.

what does it matter if it's Sainsburys/Lidl's/Aldis/Netto's or Primark we had no control over the crook Noades and what he done to our club likewise did you when the GG was flogged, dont forget Tesco's are proposing to build Evertons new ground with a huge supermarket attached to it.Shit team that has seen all our rivals drop down divisions/Shit ground-not too hard to admit to hopefully only for a couple of more years/Shit manager -took over from Drunken George and avoided relegation doesn't look too shit to me if anything looking like a good manager cant be a bad CV for your first season, done better then Brown/Adams and Knill!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Many seasons ago we thought we were safe,had to rely on Oldham not winning there last three games which included a game away against the second or third placed team,we needed a point away at Arsenal,they won all three and we lost.
I take nothing for granted.
And former Palace "hero", Ian Wright scored both goals and celebrated by taking the piss in front of your fans.

LIKE.

:clap2:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
what does it matter if it's Sainsburys/Lidl's/Aldis/Netto's or Primark we had no control over the crook Noades and what he done to our club likewise did you when the GG was flogged, dont forget Tesco's are proposing to build Evertons new ground with a huge supermarket attached to it.Shit team that has seen all our rivals drop down divisions/Shit ground-not too hard to admit to hopefully only for a couple of more years/Shit manager -took over from Drunken George and avoided relegation doesn't look too shit to me if anything looking like a good manager cant be a bad CV for your first season, done better then Brown/Adams and Knill!

Cant find too much to argue with there really.

But you cant deny that we are on the way up and are likely to overtake you very, very soon (like the 6th August)

May 2, 2010
Cant find too much to argue with there really.

But you cant deny that we are on the way up and are likely to overtake you very, very soon (like the 6th August)

it's probably safe to say that the so called Big 5 aren't trembling at the prospect of Southampton/B&HA/MK Dons and CPFC just yet

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fat Frank does it every time he scores for Chelsea agianst WH, sums them up as men really

WHU fans gave Lampard nothing but shit in his time there (they used to boo him because they thought he was only in the team because of family connections) and they give him hell every time he goes back there. All because he dared to move on to further his career at a bigger club on more money, as 99.99% of of other people would. If that was me I'd celebrate in front of them.

Wright doing it however, makes him a cock. Different circumstances.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
it's probably safe to say that the so called Big 5 aren't trembling at the prospect of Southampton/B&HA/MK Dons and CPFC just yet

You obviously haven't spoken to any Southampton fans recently.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fat Frank does it every time he scores for Chelsea agianst WH, sums them up as men really
Well Fat Frank does it because he is always absolutely slaughtered by their fans. This is not surprising, as West Ham fans are morons, so they well deserve it when Lampard gives it back.

What made Ian Wright's reaction so FRIGHTFULLY amusing is that he was considered a Palace hero before that match, yet took great pleasure in sending you down and celebrated his goals in front of you. I always liked him from this point onwards. :cheers:

May 2, 2010
WHU fans gave Lampard nothing but shit in his time there (they used to boo him because they thought he was only in the team because of family connections) and they give him hell every time he goes back there. All because he dared to move on to further his career at a bigger club on more money, as 99.99% of of other people would. If that was me I'd celebrate in front of them.

Wright doing it however, makes him a cock. Different circumstances.

Both cocks TBH I'd say Fat Frank is even worse, Clive Allens antics for QPR were far worse then those 2 wankers, fair play to the players who respectfully dont show any emotion at all when scoring against their old clubs

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports