Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace relegation watch

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
what does it matter if it's Sainsburys/Lidl's/Aldis/Netto's or Primark we had no control over the crook Noades and what he done to our club likewise did you when the GG was flogged, dont forget Tesco's are proposing to build Evertons new ground with a huge supermarket attached to it.Shit team that has seen all our rivals drop down divisions/Shit ground-not too hard to admit to hopefully only for a couple of more years/Shit manager -took over from Drunken George and avoided relegation doesn't look too shit to me if anything looking like a good manager cant be a bad CV for your first season, done better then Brown/Adams and Knill!

The supermarket in your ground is funny. There's no way of polishing that little turd however it came to be. Your team stayed up by paying for players and staff (twice) that they couldn't afford whereas none of your rivals did even once. Shit ground for only a few seasons more? Oh dear - you have a lot to learn. As for the "success" of your current crap manager the graph that I've linked to below doesn't exactly scream success to me. Just about holding on for this last season is what it's telling me (same result as Drunk George achieved the season before) and Doncaster who are one place out of the relegation are only there on a one goal worse margin than you. I suppose it's all relative though and depends on your ambition. Yay! Go Palace.

Sport: Latest UK sports news, results, stats and videos | Metro.co.uk

May 2, 2010
The supermarket in your ground is funny. There's no way of polishing that little turd however it came to be. Your team stayed up by paying for players and staff (twice) that they couldn't afford whereas none of your rivals did even once. Shit ground for only a few seasons more? Oh dear - you have a lot to learn. As for the "success" of your current crap manager the graph that I've linked to below doesn't exactly scream success to me. Just about holding on for this last season is what it's telling me (same result as Drunk George achieved the season before) and Doncaster who are one place out of the relegation are only there on a one goal worse margin than you. I suppose it's all relative though and depends on your ambition. Yay! Go Palace.

Sport: Latest UK sports news, results, stats and videos | Metro.co.uk

go post some more graphs if you wank off on them the only kind of graph that we all look at is the table for the 2nd tier of British football and that shows we are many points ahead of the bottom 3 , now thats a nice graph isn't it, go wank off on that one if you want.
Our highest paid players during the administration season were Warnock and Speroni , Portsmouth had 4 owners within 1 season a crook as a manager and were paying players £80k/week we took our punishment and rose above it, Portsmouth came out smelling of roses as they would have been relegated anyway, if we were so guilty of financial mismanagement what does that make Pompey?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Our highest paid players during the administration season were Warnock and Speroni , Portsmouth had 4 owners within 1 season a crook as a manager and were paying players £80k/week we took our punishment and rose above it, Portsmouth came out smelling of roses as they would have been relegated anyway, if we were so guilty of financial mismanagement what does that make Pompey?

You won't find any Pompey apologists on here. Just like yours, Portsmouth is a complete and utter disgrace of a football club, and is a festering pus-filled boil on the arse of the football league.

As is yours for going into administration TWICE. Cheating scum like Pompey, Palace, Leicester and Leeds should have a mandatory 2 division relegation for falsely maintaining an artificially high position in the football league, stiffing creditors (and taxpayers) left right and centre to acquire players you could not and should not be able to afford.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Oh dear. Have I touched a nerve? Your many points is a mere two wins from the drop zone. The point of a graph is it identifies how your team has managed over the last two seasons - no better than last year and just about enough again to scrape past the winning line. I'm sorry if you think that me bringing in graphical evidence completely refutes your "success" claims but down here we tend to like backing up our arguments with a bit more than swear words and exclamation marks.

Your remark about Pompey is irrelevant. You cheated the system twice and you know it so in answer to your question about what it makes Pompey I'd say "ALSO guilty of financial mismanagement".

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

If you ask Edna Krabappel very nicely, she'll be delighted to tell you all about Pompey :thumbsup:

Looking at the table (for the last few weeks to be fair) it is extremely unlikely that this is finally your season to get relegated. While that would have been highly amusing, I'm sure most of us are actually looking forward to resuming hostilities next season. :lol:

May 2, 2010
You won't find any Pompey apologists on here. Just like yours, Portsmouth is a complete and utter disgrace of a football club, and is a festering pus-filled boil on the arse of the football league.

As is yours for going into administration TWICE. Cheating scum like Pompey, Palace, Leicester and Leeds should have a mandatory 2 division relegation for falsely maintaining an artificially high position in the football league, stiffing creditors (and taxpayers) left right and centre to acquire players you could not and should not be able to afford.

add Chelsea and Man City to that list and probably most of the top clubs in Europe when the financial fair play rules come into force if they ever do, and I dont accept all this shit with clubs that manage their debt Chelsea have spent over a Billion and counting is that fair? The only club that will probably come out of all of this with proper credibility is Arsenal

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
add Chelsea and Man City to that list and probably most of the top clubs in Europe when the financial fair play rules come into force if they ever do, and I dont accept all this shit with clubs that manage their debt Chelsea have spent over a Billion and counting is that fair? The only club that will probably come out of all of this with proper credibility is Arsenal

Sorry, I must have missed the bit when Chelsea and Man City went into administration and stiffed all of their creditors. When was that then ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry, I must have missed the bit when Chelsea and Man City went into administration and stiffed all of their creditors. When was that then ?
But his point (and I'll admit he's side-stepping the Palace transgressions in making it) is that they could easily end up like Palace and Pompey if the owners get bored, because the main cause of football's financial strife is the lack of enforcement on "right and proper ower" and the lack of restrictions on salaries.

Something needs to be done of course, but I don't see why we shouldn't be lording over the likes of Palace who flagrently disregarded their responsibilities TWICE while the rest of us didn't.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

According to some Palarse fans Tony Bloom bailed us out so we're no better than them, of course the fact that we've never been in administration and therefore not ripped anybody else off escapes them. Then again talking of Tony Bloom it's wasn't that long ago when the now much maligned ex Palace Hero Simon Jordon bailed them out but as he allowed them to fall into administration again he, like his predecessors Mark Goldberg and Ron Noades he is now considered to be a crook.

It's amazing how many Palace fans even now cannot see that they are in the wrong.

May 2, 2010

how do you know they dont stiff creditors, they are owned by a Russian crook and were owned by another crook before then,Chelsea have virtually broken every rule in the book from their constant tapping up of players even trying the England manager FFS? the EUFA pair play rules are to be set up to stop clubs like this operating in a way where they can only spend a proportion of their turnover, their spending in January was nothing short of obscene.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But his point (and I'll admit he's side-stepping the Palace transgressions in making it) is that they could easily end up like Palace and Pompey if the owners get bored, because the main cause of football's financial strife is the lack of enforcement on "right and proper ower" and the lack of restrictions on salaries.

Something needs to be done of course, but I don't see why we shouldn't be lording over the likes of Palace who flagrently disregarded their responsibilities TWICE while the rest of us didn't.

'There but for the grace of God' and all that, sure.
It just sticks in the throat when you look at the likes of us bouncing around at the arse-end of the football league for the last 15-20 years (bar a couple of seasons of struggle in the 2nd tier), watching a succession of lower-league duffers take us to the brink of the Conference, when the likes of Palace and Pompey have spunked money all over the shop bringing in better quality players than they could afford, and maintained their status in the top 2 divisions (and in Pompeys case even winning a frigging CUP).

We should've cheated as well.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
But his point (and I'll admit he's side-stepping the Palace transgressions in making it) is that they could easily end up like Palace and Pompey if the owners get bored, because the main cause of football's financial strife is the lack of enforcement on "right and proper ower" and the lack of restrictions on salaries..

I'd accept that point except Chelsea and Man City don't enter into contracts with creditors with the intention of not paying them. Palace did twice. They didn't wake up one morning and discover they had no money - they must have known for ages and continued to pretend all was rosy. The only defence JE seems to have is that they went into administration owing less than other clubs and that they had less debt than the manageable (for now) debts that the super-rich clubs have. To go into administration once is understandable. To do it twice is beyond contempt.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
how do you know they dont stiff creditors, they are owned by a Russian crook and were owned by another crook before then,Chelsea have virtually broken every rule in the book from their constant tapping up of players even trying the England manager FFS? the EUFA pair play rules are to be set up to stop clubs like this operating in a way where they can only spend a proportion of their turnover, their spending in January was nothing short of obscene.

You're dodging the issue and changing the subject. Abramovich and Chelsea pay their bills. Yes they rely on his money to do so, and there is something fairly obscene with the amount of money doled out to players, agents etc. But the bottom line is, companies that do business with Chelsea FC get paid for their services. Companies that have done business with Crystal Palace FC might get paid about 7p in the £ eventually. If they're lucky.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I've given up trying to explain to Palace fans why the football community gets a little upset by their antics... they seem to have a bit of a blindspot! I too have heard that we are exactly the same 'cos Bloom is paying all our bills, and therein lies the crux.

PAYING OUR BILLS.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've given up trying to explain to Palace fans why the football community gets a little upset by their antics... they seem to have a bit of a blindspot! I too have heard that we are exactly the same 'cos Bloom is paying all our bills, and therein lies the crux.

PAYING OUR BILLS.

That is exactly my thinking. When you remind them that Tangoman bailed them out of administration the first time they still fail to see any similarity with the situation with him and ours with Tony Bloom.

I just hope Tony Bloom doesn't bored and walk away like Mr Jordon did although I think Jordon spent more than he could afford. It's a pity that he is now so heartily depised by a lot of Palace fans, they seem to have short memories to go along with their short attention spans.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
... and another thing!

On their forum there were a lot of folks mocking us at the time of the Murray rumour that we are setting a wage cap. "You need to spend money to stay in the Championship Weeds!"

Yeah, just not on the St Johns Ambulance service I guess.

f***ing short memories... or just stupid.

May 2, 2010
... and another thing!

On their forum there were a lot of folks mocking us at the time of the Murray rumour that we are setting a wage cap. "You need to spend money to stay in the Championship Weeds!"

Yeah, just not on the St Johns Ambulance service I guess.

f***ing short memories... or just stupid.

the fans paid the St Johns Ambulance FFS, we didn't pick Jordan /Goldberg or the biggest crook of the lot Naodes, Jordan didn't pay f*** all towards the St Johns Ambulance , what should we have had an even bigger penalty deduction ? the aggressive stance forced by Aglio was a load of bollocks anyway they called in the administrators not the fans and they got their money from the Moses transfer anyway, Pompey have been paying players like Kanu and Nugent £20k/week this season how can they be allowed to do that, our highest paid player is Speroni and he's no no where near that.

May 2, 2010
That is exactly my thinking. When you remind them that Tangoman bailed them out of administration the first time they still fail to see any similarity with the situation with him and ours with Tony Bloom.

I just hope Tony Bloom doesn't bored and walk away like Mr Jordon did although I think Jordon spent more than he could afford. It's a pity that he is now so heartily depised by a lot of Palace fans, they seem to have short memories to go along with their short attention spans.

a lot of long memories are had being a CPFC fan we still remember Mullery !

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
What a load of old tosh about St Johns Ambulance. The fact that the club left it to the fans to pay St John Ambulance is not a mitigating factor in excusing the club from their responsibilities. And you're still bleating about Pompey. If you had paid Agilo on time they would never have brought the administrators in. It doesn't matter what Pompey were up to. Get your own house in order first.

bha2.jpg

May 2, 2010
What a load of old tosh about St Johns Ambulance. The fact that the club left it to the fans to pay St John Ambulance is not a mitigating factor in excusing the club from their responsibilities. And you're still bleating about Pompey. If you had paid Agilo on time they would never have brought the administrators in. It doesn't matter what Pompey were up to. Get your own house in order first.

bha2.jpg

so should all clubs use the wonderful and forthright moral business model of Pompey? the reason I keep mentioning Pompey and others is it's a bit like comparing a shop lifter to a rapist, Pompey had 4 owners in one season a crook of a manager who has taken more backhanders and brown paper bags full of cash then any other crook in the history of the game yet you lot keep comparing us to them? Luton got shafted more then any other club since this administration started yet no one says f*** all about them! people who say there will be teams doing another "Leeds" mean it and know what they are talking about. I dont know how many times I've got to say it but the fans in this country dont pick or vote for the owner maybe it's a principle that Spain and Germany do that should be followed into the UK, they fact that the Palace fans paid the St Johns Ambulance debt should be commended shouldn't it? can you imagine Chelsea or Man U fans doing it?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here