Palace Players Flighting Each Other

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Palace being in the Prem and doing so badly is working wonders for the football education of my 7 year old son. It's very easy to convince a kid Palace are shit when they lose every week, so their one season adventure is indirectly helping to strengthen his support for the Albion.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Palace being in the Prem and doing so badly is working wonders for the football education of my 7 year old son. It's very easy to convince a kid Palace are shit when they lose every week, so their one season adventure is indirectly helping to strengthen his support for the Albion.

Well, let's hope were we to get there ourselves you can convince him that our struggles are different then; because we will struggle (maybe not as badly as Palace have so far, but it'll be hard).

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
There does seem to be a lot of re-writing of that night. As far as I remember it was a fairly even match for the most part, Calderon handled Zaha well first half, we nearly took the lead (in a season where we never list if we went ahead), and it was go lassie who beat Calderon to get a cross in and bridge who lost Zaha for the first goal.

When a match is even and the difference is a coat of paint or a finger tip, neither manager can be given credit for outwitting the other.

Yet still the story is Zaha ripped Calderon apart, we never showed up, gus was completed found out and embarrassed, etc.

The story here is that Gus barely turned up on the night, did he really arrive only 30 minutes before kick-off? And if so why?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The story here is that Gus barely turned up on the night, did he really arrive only 30 minutes before kick-off? And if so why?

There are loads of rumours, none of which have been confirmed. If it was true, it could be down to a number of reasons, like traffic or car problems.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Squawk squawk..Anfield or Sheffield this Saturday? (And I know your game's at home.)

Is that what matters to you? And I know lots of fans of teams that have gone up Saints, Reading, Fulham, Chelsea, even Palace who would much rather do a Saturday at 3pm match at Brentford than a Sunday at 12 at Anfield. I think I do too actually. Bloody love Brentford away.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
You should know, you spend enough time on here.

Sad, sad person.

Not when Palace got promoted, I wasn't. And how sad, sad sad was it when in May 2001 all of Brighton went quiet on a Sunday afternoon just waiting to see Palace get relegated from the Championship on the last day, and face newly-promoted Albion? How sad you all were when thanks to Dougie, we didn't.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Is that what matters to you? And I know lots of fans of teams that have gone up Saints, Reading, Fulham, Chelsea, even Palace who would much rather do a Saturday at 3pm match at Brentford than a Sunday at 12 at Anfield. I think I do too actually. Bloody love Brentford away.

I liked it about 6 years ago when Bees beat you 1-0. Sadly it didn't keep them up that year, but they're back up now. From memory didn't Mayo get sent off too?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Squawk squawk..Anfield or Sheffield this Saturday? (And I know your game's at home.)

I couldn't care less if you're playing on the moon. I'll be at our home game. But since you mention it the vast majority of your regular fans are going to have a far more miserable season this time than they did last season. The chances of you going on the sort of winning run with attacking football you went on this time last year are zero. I suspect most of your lot can't wait to get back in the Championship.

Not when Palace got promoted, I wasn't. And how sad, sad sad was it when in May 2001 all of Brighton went quiet on a Sunday afternoon just waiting to see Palace get relegated from the Championship on the last day, and face newly-promoted Albion? How sad you all were when thanks to Dougie, we didn't.

Sad post, sad poster, sad life.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Errr........ees complicated!

Come on Danny, we've had to grin and bear it all summer after crappergate and clappergate, bound to be a little payback. Have to feel sorry for Holloway, he outthought Poyet in the play-offs at our place, so no complaints about you turning us over, but he has not been supported financially by CPFC2010 over the summer. I know you have shelled out about £17 million, but it has been quantity rather than quality you have ended up with.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

You probably want to thank the referee too, that was a blatant handball by David Hopkin that lead to the goal.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Yep, pissed up on a Monday night while sitting on the internet, oh how the other half live

yeah much better spending your time on a rivals message board, when normal folk are out at work. got your giro this week yet?

and before you claim to 'work nights', burglary is not a job!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Yep, pissed up on a Monday night while sitting on the internet, oh how the other half live

I might be wrong but, most on here, being as we're a forum full of Albion supporters, would rather read a bunch of vowels arranged together in a meaningless string than the most erudite and witty observations typed by one of your Jester outfitted bunch of titheads.

Especially you. You're so far up your own arse it's a wonder you don't vanish altogether.

Now...there's an idea.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Ha. Very good.

I might be wrong but, most on here, being as we're a forum full of Albion supporters, would rather read a bunch of vowels arranged together in a meaningless string than the most erudite and witty observations typed by one of your Jester outfitted bunch of titheads.

Especially you. You're so far up your own arse it's a wonder you don't vanish altogether.

Now...there's an idea.

As long as you are consistent ???

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
yeah much better spending your time on a rivals message board, when normal folk are out at work. got your giro this week yet?

and before you claim to 'work nights', burglary is not a job!

Burglar?? tssk, I rob banks at night. I am not having much luck though as the barstewards are always shut

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
As long as you are consistent ???

Funny..,but i don't recall any typing attached to that jpeg just a picture of a turd and a silhouette of Sherlock Holmes. And..seeing as I might know more about Poogate than you...the joke might be on you!

Tit.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Funny..,but i don't recall any typing attached to that jpeg just a picture of a turd and a silhouette of Sherlock Holmes. And..seeing as I might know more about Poogate than you...the joke might be on you!

Tit.

How would the joke be on me? I do not drink so I cannot have been so pished I forgot having a shite at the Amex.

As for this whole episode, I am sure if it was anyone at CPFC and BHA knew about it then that would have come out by now as it would have totally exonerated BHA, to be honest I am not bothered about the whole thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports