Palace Players Flighting Each Other

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Your no mate of mine fella. No interest in your views or whether or not you can turn the corner and defeat liverpool, man Utd arsenal to anyone other than Sundertand who had open player dissent when you met. You can't, and now it. I just wasn't apakace to embarrassed and for you and you tfellow jesters in their jaughsble clow oufits to go down in such humiliation that we can get back to discussin Brghton with those who care and want our welfare concerned,

You're either pissed, need a new keyboard or have incredibly fat fingers because nobody sober, with normal fingers and a functioning keyboard could make so many mistakes in one paragraph.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
You're either pissed, need a new keyboard or have incredibly fat fingers because nobody sober, with normal fingers and a functioning keyboard could make so many mistakes in one paragraph.

ill go with option A please Bob. It was ladies night at his Masonic lodge last night.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agreed. He outwitted Brighton though.

So it's often said, even by Albion fans. So I must be wrong about the Barnes shot that hit the bar and his header that was cleared off the line, either of which would have put Brighton 1-0 up and possibly changed the course of the game - the result of a substitution made by a tactically-outwitted Poyet.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So it's often said, even by Albion fans. So I must be wrong about the Barnes shot that hit the bar and his header that was cleared off the line, either of which would have put Brighton 1-0 up and possibly changed the course of the game - the result of a substitution made by a tactically-outwitted Poyet.

Holloway used his tactical genius to tell Zaha to play a blinder that night.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

There does seem to be a lot of re-writing of that night. As far as I remember it was a fairly even match for the most part, Calderon handled Zaha well first half, we nearly took the lead (in a season where we never list if we went ahead), and it was go lassie who beat Calderon to get a cross in and bridge who lost Zaha for the first goal.

When a match is even and the difference is a coat of paint or a finger tip, neither manager can be given credit for outwitting the other.

Yet still the story is Zaha ripped Calderon apart, we never showed up, gus was completed found out and embarrassed, etc.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There does seem to be a lot of re-writing of that night. As far as I remember it was a fairly even match for the most part, Calderon handled Zaha well first half, we nearly took the lead (in a season where we never list if we went ahead), and it was go lassie who beat Calderon to get a cross in and bridge who lost Zaha for the first goal.

When a match is even and the difference is a coat of paint or a finger tip, neither manager can be given credit for outwitting the other.

Yet still the story is Zaha ripped Calderon apart, we never showed up, gus was completed found out and embarrassed, etc.

My problem was the lack of any reaction from the bench as soon as we went behind, either in terms of passion, tactical changes or (if my memory serves me correctly) personnel.

My memory may be clouded by an understandable need to wipe that night from my memory.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I noticed that too. Billy bib bollockd in the ground silent quilts outside. At least Millwakpll properly want a row although it was very funny after our 1-0 up there the day that Adams was given the gooner on cowards way we were all penned on yjr bridge as they filed past in front of it luzzing coins and genra, abuse. One Brighton fella...looked like in his fifties but de ent calls over "come and say that to my face" big Millwall goon strides over with chin sticking out..Waalop..down he goes like a sack of wet semolina. Stunned silence from the cheery stevedores before OB pile in

Think they lrt the Brighton ninja go on his way as no complaint was made.

Your no mate of mine fella. No interest in your views or whether or not you can turn the corner and defeat liverpool, man Utd arsenal to anyone other than Sundertand who had open player dissent when you met. You can't, and now it. I just wasn't apakace to embarrassed and for you and you tfellow jesters in their jaughsble clow oufits to go down in such humiliation that we can get back to discussin Brghton with those who care and want our welfare concerned,

Do me a favour, never again comment on the education or intelligence of Palace fans again. Or for that matter anybody.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's just fabulous to see Palace getting worse and worse and now their players turning on each other. Joke team, joke manager. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
I'm unable to laugh at them. Even though they're rubbish, they got there at our expense. They're going to have to break records of shitness before I see the funny side.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Do me a favour, never again comment on the education or intelligence of Palace fans again. Or for that matter anybody.

Do me a favour and clear off back where you belong you Palace prick.

If a Brighton fan can't come on here pissed up and type a load of drivel without being pulled up by one of you clown suited bellends then it's a sorry world.

Get thee gone.

If a Brighton fan can't come on here pissed up and type a load of drivel without being pulled up by one of you clown suited bellends then it's a sorry world.

Get thee gone.

:clap:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My problem was the lack of any reaction from the bench as soon as we went behind, either in terms of passion, tactical changes or (if my memory serves me correctly) personnel.

My memory may be clouded by an understandable need to wipe that night from my memory.

I get annoyed when people shout "change it!" when we concede a goal, like that goal magically suddenly means our overall tactics weren't working. That's an incredibly naive way to look at football. We'd brought on Barnes who would've scored against most teams with his first 2 touches.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There's your answer. Barnes replaced Orlandi at 64 mins and LuaLua on 72 mins. If either of Barness shots had gone in we could have gone ahead, but the first was tipped onto the bar by Speroni for a corner. Then Speroni was beaten when Barnes took another shot but Moxey managed to clear it off the line. Sometimes things just don't happen.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
It also had a lot to do with Zaha changing wings in the second half did it not?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Current managers in the bottom half of the Prem: Mackay, Moyes, Laudrup, Hughton, Hughes, Pardew, Allardyce and Jol. And Wurzel. How THE FVCK is he going to outwit any of those? It'd be like playing chess with a chimp who had already lost his queen.

Great stuff :lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
It did. Once Calderon had got a yellow card, Zaha knew he could run at him and risk being tackled by Calderon.

And why did Gus not switch Bridge over once Calderon was carded? That, my friends, is when it all started to go Peter tong.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
*bells ring and red lights flash at Loser Towers*

CPFCG: They've started another thread about us. TO THE KEYBOARD! Whose turn is it?

Eaglesdestroyseagulls: I'll take this one boss. I'VE GOT AN AMUSING JPEG TO SHARE!

CPFCG: Fair enough but I'm coming in straight behind you for weighty factual back up. Where are 5-0 and Del Fenner?

Eaglesdestroyseagulls: Still hiding after one of them claimed the season was over in September and the other posted one day old travel news.

CPFCG: And se25?

Eaglesdestroyseagulls: Last seen with a packet of Andrex heading for a "comfort break"

CPFCG: Just the two of us for now. Let's do this thing....

Amongst all of the drunken illiterate rants on this thread, this deserves to be quoted, a fine post :thumbsup:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Get thee gone.

Yep, pissed up on a Monday night while sitting on the internet, oh how the other half live

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports