Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
ive loved this club since 1975 my first game .hi guys ive been watching nsc for many years but this is the first time ive wanted to act I went with a palace mate to a cpfc demo their was 200 at the most when I went to the bha marches it was 2to three thousand through London

Half of Brightons real fan base then? That's quite impressive to be fair

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Nothing to laugh about us on the pitch so the generic 'tinpot' thread is rolled out.

You crack on & support your club your way, we'll support our club our way & everyone will be happy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Top 3 league gates on Saturday.
1) Sunderland
2) Southampton
3) Brighton.

Benzhiyi

Feb 8, 2004
I think my next door neighbour is a Palace fan, he got a promotion at work,and his house, which he has allowed to become derelict over the years, has suddenly sprouted cladding, his kids( of which there seem ti be a lot more this year) are all wearing black now, and banging a drum, and every time he has sex with his missus, he plays loud music, and shouts his christain name, to which his kids shout his surname. Quite bizarre

This actually made me laugh, a lot. I bow down. :)

It's exactly the kind of lighthearted abuse (or as the younger generation insist on calling it, 'banter') that our rivalry should be about. Not interminable, tiresome willy waving about attendances past and present.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
The post that proves that Palace are NOT a real football club.

You do know that football existed before Sky and the Premiership / Premier League, don't you?

Is something factually incorrect there?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I think my next door neighbour is a Palace fan, he got a promotion at work,and his house, which he has allowed to become derelict over the years, has suddenly sprouted cladding, his kids( of which there seem ti be a lot more this year) are all wearing black now, and banging a drum, and every time he has sex with his missus, he plays loud music, and shouts his christain name, to which his kids shout his surname. Quite bizarre

I really didn't want to quote you as so many others already have but this is a great post! Very funny! If you had ''rep'' on here then positive would be coming your way!

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
As Palace fans let's just hope they can keep this late push to the prem going so we can have some good high profile ding dongs next season to show the world our voracious rivalry. Would be nice to rinse each other over football matters again rather than everything from finance to attendances.

As Palace fans let's just hope they can keep this late push to the prem going so we can have some good high profile ding dongs next season to show the world our voracious rivalry. Would be nice to rinse each other over football matters again rather than everything from finance to attendances.

This.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
ffs.

Whoop de doo, they play music after scoring. WHO BLOODY CARES, THEY ARE STAYING IN THE PREM WE'RE NOT EVEN THERE.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Yep - Well lets hope they don't bottle it in the Paly Offs again then!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is something factually incorrect there?

The thing is that generally, we have to refer to each division by what it is called now, as referring to "Division 1" is a bit confusing to younger supporters, who mistake it for Division 3.

Therefore, a statement was made about beating our highest finish, to which a Palace numpty (you) falls into the trap of thinking he just means "modern football" and points out that we haven't been there because it had a different name then.

Those of us who support REAL football teams understand that a team who were in Division 1 in the 70s is equivalent to one that is currently in the "Premier League", as it's the same division.

So, for those against "modern" football to speak as if history began with the Premiership is quite funny, really, but do carry on.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
And there you have the root problem, you say 3000 yet it was reported as 200 at the time.

Either they counted season ticket holders who did not show up or there was a buy one get 10 free offer on. :)

(btw I am fully aware that we have done/do both of those examples above but our buy one get 10 free was for an England youth game, Just wondering the last time Selhurst Park had the English national squad play there?)

You do make me laugh Pridey, I'm still not sure if you are one big WUM, or you actually believe the utter bollocks you write. That's by the by, fact is your club lost £14.7m last season didn't they? Palace got put into administration last time for £4.5m. Sobering thought eh Pridey. Now try and engage your grey matter before posting there's a good lad

Firstly, good to see you back. I agree with you about WCP being a total a**e but on the question of the second Palace administration, wasn't this caused the club's inability to pay back the £4.5m? Hopefully you're using different, and decent, auditors now.
Btw a good effort from Palace this season, any plausible news/timelines about upgrading Selhurst or relocating?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Firstly, good to see you back. I agree with you about WCP being a total a**e but on the question of the second Palace administration, wasn't this caused the club's inability to pay back the £4.5m? Hopefully you're using different, and decent, auditors now.
Btw a good effort from Palace this season, any plausible news/timelines about upgrading Selhurst or relocating?

Yep Jordon ran out of cash. Agilo the hedge fund that had lent Jordan £4.5m were worried that the HMRC would try to close Palace down over un paid tax debt of £1.5m. So Agilo forced Palace into admin to get some money back. Not so much new auditors required this time around but decent and sensible owners, Which I believe we have.

We will stay at Selhurst as there is very little space in the local area for a new ground. I think we will hear something from the board over the summer. I expect the AW stand to get knocked down first.

Yep Jordon ran out of cash. Agilo the hedge fund that had lent Jordan £4.5m were worried that the HMRC would try to close Palace down over un paid tax debt of £1.5m. So Agilo forced Palace into admin to get some money back. Not so much new auditors required this time around but decent and sensible owners, Which I believe we have.

We will stay at Selhurst as there is very little space in the local area for a new ground. I think we will hear something from the board over the summer. I expect the AW stand to get knocked down first.

My comment about the auditors during Jordan's tenure was because they would have needed to qualify the accounts stating that the Aglio debt, and any others, were covered and that club/business was a going concern (ie solvent). Clearly, with what happened, this wasn't the case so they failed; whether that's down to Jordan lying about his ability/willingness to cover the debt(s) is a moot point but in the end the auditors signed off the accounts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here