PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Mullery was right after all.

"youre not worth that, Palace"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unless they can find a buyer to pay off all debts, a la Southampton. The other possibility is that they don't owe anything at all to HMRC, which seems somewhat unlikely.

Except League 1 Saints were a decent proposition as they have a shiny newish ground with modern facilities. Palace play in a run down shit hole that they don't even own. I'd be seriously worried if I was a Palace fan as much as they'd like to think that they are an attractive proposition to someone I'd suggest it needs to be another fan who's willing to piss his money up the wall not a loaded investor like Southampton have ended up with.

I can't say I'm revelling in this news, although I want to, I'm not sure I want to wish the shit we've been though on anyone, even Palace.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
sorry but i cant see them being in administration for long and i hope they stay up, i'd rather we get promoted to play them again not by default. has our ambition stooped that low?

still quite funny, i'm going to have some fun at pool tonight

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
I can't say I'm revelling in this news, although I want to, I'm not sure I want to wish the shit we've been though on anyone, even Palace.

You do know that we've been there before, don't you.

Anyway, get your marching boots ready like some of us did when you were in the shit.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
relegation god yes, out of business I really hope not. Must be a few people round south London way with enough money to bail them out

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Maybe a merger between us woould be good

You supply the ground and finance we'll supply the name and team:clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Amazing that despite the carnage this club went through, what with our ground being sold from under us to a profiteering thief, having two years playing home games 60 miles away, then coming back and playing at a rented athletics track for ten years, whilst funding a massively complex and costly planning application for a new stadium, the Albion has NEVER gone into administration.

I guess that just shows the calibre of chairman and directors we have had down here.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Just been on the Palace official site. Just look at their Welcome Page

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 419

Jimmy Grimble

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have only read the first and last page of this, whilst I am by far from a Palace lover, the last thing I want to see is ANY team go into administration, it only makes it all the worse for football in general.

I dont think some of you realise, that once one or two bigger clubs start going under, it will only be a matter of time before the whole of football becomes a right mess.

Don't be blinkered over this, look at the, bigger long term picture for the sake of football, and lets be realistic, it would not take to many "jolts" and we could easily be in the same position.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
I have only read the first and last page of this, whilst I am by far from a Palace lover, the last thing I want to see is ANY team go into administration, it only makes it all the worse for football in general.

I dont think some of you realise, that once one or two bigger clubs start going under, it will only be a matter of time before the whole of football becomes a right mess.

Don't be blinkered over this, look at the, bigger long term picture for the sake of football, and lets be realistic, it would not take to many "jolts" and we could easily be in the same position.

Lol we have had our shit for 15-20 years,now lets hope its lasts as long for them also,maybe 1% of me,maybe,agrees with you,dont want em to go bust,just sit in the low ends of the shit for a long time.

palace2

Jan 21, 2010
fuc* off we bounced back once we gonna bounce back agian

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Amazing that despite the carnage this club went through, what with our ground being sold from under us to a profiteering thief, having two years playing home games 60 miles away, then coming back and playing at a rented athletics track for ten years, whilst funding a massively complex and costly planning application for a new stadium, the Albion has NEVER gone into administration.

I guess that just shows the calibre of chairman and directors we have had down here.

The last line to you post could never be a truer word spoken, lets just pray we never get into a position like some of these unfortunate clubs are in (or on the verge of being)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I wouldn't get overly concerned hitony.
In a few months time, we'll just be adding Palace to the list that includes the likes of Leeds, Southampton and Leicester et-al, who go into admin, stiff all their creditors, then come out the other side smelling of roses with shit all over them.

I just hope there's a firesale of players coupled with relegation for them (like whats going to happen at Stockport).

Long run, they'll survive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here