Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace go into administration...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm not so sure? What would be more atractive, a Club close to the Premiership or one close to League 1? Now let me think? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Wipes out the debt though?....and they should be available on the cheap. I don't think that this is necessarily the worst news for them, as long as an owner (mug) is found quickly enough.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
BBC:

Crystal Palace go into administration

Championship side Crystal Palace have gone into administration, according to administrators P and A Partnership.

More to follow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Isn't there a transfer embargo as well all the time they are in admin? This normally lasts a year??
Can't see them going down.Plymouth and Posh are as good as down.They still have enough to aviod the drop.I'm hoping moral drops like a stone and Warnock moves on.

Well, the administrators obviously won't be sanctioning any new signings while they are running the club, so it effectively amounts to an embargo. I'd assume some kind of firesale of the current squad would be in order as well.

Perhaps we should get in quick with some derisory offers for some of their players before the window shuts. After all, its not up to Warnock or Orange any more as to whether a bid is accepted or not. Its a bit like when Woolies went - everything must go. If Gus goes shopping at Selhurst, perhaps theres some bargains we can pick up, like we did from Stockport.

As well as the 10 point deduction now they will also get a penalty if they don't get a CVA (Creditors voluntrary agreement???). That might well ensure that they get relegated, or if they get relegated anyway start next season on minus points

Unless they can find a buyer to pay off all debts, a la Southampton. The other possibility is that they don't owe anything at all to HMRC, which seems somewhat unlikely.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Down with the Plymouth, you're going down with the Plymouth, down with the Pllllyyyyymuuuffff, yer goin' darn wiv de Plmmuff !

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Well, the administrators obviously won't be sanctioning any new signings while they are running the club, so it effectively amounts to an embargo. I'd assume some kind of firesale of the current squad would be in order as well.

Perhaps we should get in quick with some derisory offers for some of their players before the window shuts. After all, its not up to Warnock or Orange any more as to whether a bid is accepted or not. Its a bit like when Woolies went - everything must go. If Gus goes shopping at Selhurst, perhaps theres some bargains we can pick up, like we did from Stockport.

But Poyet has already said he will only buy to improve our squad? So why would he want any of their lot? :lol:

roffeyeagle

Jan 12, 2010
Hi Scummers. I'm a Palace fan, first post on here but been signed up for a while. My personal view is that we were f***ed either way. Administration is probably best for the long term because no investors would take on our debts before. At least now, our debts will be shrunk considerably and it gives new people a clean state. It will be tough staying up, but even relegation wouldn't be the end of the world. It's guaranteed we'll be bought out so it could be short term gloom for long term prosperity. Oh well.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hi Scummers. I'm a Palace fan, first post on here but been signed up for a while. My personal view is that we were f***ed either way. Administration is probably best for the long term because no investors would take on our debts before. At least now, our debts will be shrunk considerably and it gives new people a clean state. It will be tough staying up, but even relegation wouldn't be the end of the world. It's guaranteed we'll be bought out so it could be short term gloom for long term prosperity. Oh well.

I tend to agree. As much as I dislike Palace, its never nice to see another football club go through financial troubles.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

That's right mate! Just like Luton fans thought! :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But Poyet has already said he will only buy to improve our squad? So why would he want any of their lot? :lol:

Considering the chaos and carnage there at the moment, they seem to have been performing pretty well in the Championship, so they must have a few half decent players there, specially for L1 level. I wouldn't turn my nose up at pilfering a few of those players for our own means, ESPECIALLY as it'll further weaken their squad and push them closer to the trapdoor.

EVERYONES a winner. :thumbsup:

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
exactly.
At least if we go down there will be a few decent matches like charlton.orient.southend ,colchester.Just a shame brighton will be dropping a division as well:lolol:

roffeyeagle

Jan 12, 2010
That's right mate! Just like Luton fans thought! :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Difference is, we're a far more attractive proposition than Luton, at least in terms of playing staff (well, what will be left of it), the size and potential size of our support and the fact that our ground is readily available at £12m. It's gonna be a tough few days but we'll come out the otherside as we did 10 years ago. Just a thought, how many false dawns have Brighton had? :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here