Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Again sounds good but not true.

The Premier League has awarded Crystal Palace F.C’s Academy Category 1 status following an independent assessment – the highest category possible for academies in the country.

Palace has a rich history in developing world-class football talent, with 36 players coming through the Academy ranks to reach the first-team in the last 15 years, making more than 1,000 appearances collectively for the Eagles. The latest Academy graduate coming through the ranks was full-back Tyrick Mitchell, who made his first appearance during July’s match against Leicester City.

The club secured a long-term lease for the Academy site opposite its first-team training ground on Copers Cope Road, Beckenham, in December 2018, with planning permission for a major upgrade to facilities formally granted last month, with works well underway.

Club Chairman Steve Parish said: "Achieving Category 1 status is the culmination of an immense amount of hard work from our staff, and it is an incredible achievement in such a short space of time since securing the land and planning permission.

"Our ambition is to have one of the country’s leading football academies to capitalise on the hotbed of footballing talent in south London. The investment in the playing facilities, education offering and player care provision will enable us to attract and develop the next generation of Wilfried Zahas and Aaron Wan-Bissakas.

"Furthermore, we are committed to having a transformational impact on the lives of the wider community and especially the 200 plus boys that are directly in our care at any one time, whether they make it to the professional ranks or not.

"The whole Academy site will also be widely used by the club to enhance our presence in the community – not just the playing facilities. We are looking at ways we can positively affect the lives of young people using the education facilities for job training and further education.

"I would finally like to take this opportunity to thank the thousands of our supporters who have already generously committed to becoming Academy Founder Members, helping us further enhance this magnificent project for the benefit of our young players for years to come."

Sounds good, but is that development before or after the new stand? It must take a lot of focus to believe what comes out of the club. Despite that I have to admit that the Palace academy does pretty well really - not sure if it is the area or the academy itself but it does well for sure. Helped by being able to continue it by defaulting on debts previously (and repeatedly) of course. Some clubs had to start all over again but that never applies to Palace.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
That's what I was thinking. Unless Roy was undecided about signing another contract (if there even was a discussion of one) or the board were undecided about keeping him?

Meanwhile, I'm sure there was a Palace poster on here who kept dropping not so subtle hints about knowing the identity of the new manager. I'm guessing they really didn't have a clue what was going on...

That would be Dougie I believe, who has disappeared yet again. Total fraud/coward.

Fair play to Loz for participating still in good spirits. I've met some decent Palace fans over the years, not many admittedly.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Say what you like about the rest of them but Vince is my all time favorite player.:)
Blimey. In the days when I was a nipper and our games were a lot more fiercely contested both on the pitch, in the stands and elsewhere, I have to admit my guilty secret is enjoying watching Hillaire play.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
That would be Dougie I believe, who has disappeared yet again. Total fraud/coward.

Fair play to Loz for participating still in good spirits. I've met some decent Palace fans over the years, not many admittedly.

i have it on good authority that dougie is in his third interview with parish, right now

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I am too long in the tooth to really get offended by sniping on a rivals football forum.

But yes it’s good fun and all done in the best possible taste :)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Vince Hilaire always looked world class playing for Bognor Regis when ever I saw him playing there :thumbsup:

It was the mighty Bognor Rocks that produced Simon Rodger for Palace.
He remains one of the best crossers of a ball that I've seen.

276 appearances for Palace and 36 appearances for The Albion.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
i have it on good authority that dougie is in his third interview with parish, right now

Also doing the rounds around Bromley FC and on the streets too - hairy Dave text me earlier bless him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was the mighty Bognor Rocks that produced Simon Rodger for Palace.
He remains one of the best crossers of a ball that I've seen.

276 appearances for Palace and 36 appearances for The Albion.

The goal he scored from long range v Bradford I think sticks in my head for us. He saw the light and got the big move to us at the tail end of his career.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Soooo.. are you Palace fans all ready, set and looking forward to the new season!?

You know what it’s like. The usual bellends only appear when we’ve had a setback or they’ve had something good. Like when they got Nuno and Varve postcode boy was here in a flash :lol: Dougie is banned and very close to a permanent ban :thumbsup: Shame.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Hearing that Parish and co are pleading with Favre to join by flying to Paris with their American investors… imagine that.. Palace chucking money at a problem… what a shitshow of a football club that is.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Hearing that Parish and co are pleading with Favre to join by flying to Paris with their American investors… imagine that.. Palace chucking money at a problem… what a shitshow of a football club that is.

Hope he strings them along for another 10 days then says, nah sorry I was right, I ain't ready to come back to football yet.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
On BBS Palace fans are getting jolly excited because they think their two American owners could have flown in a private jet to Nice for a meeting with Favre and Parish.
Favre is back to being favourite with William Hill at 2/1.

[tweet]1409579896041611271[/tweet]

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
On BBS Palace fans are getting jolly excited because they think their two American owners could have flown in a private jet to Nice for a meeting with Favre and Parish.
Favre is back to being favourite with William Hill at 2/1.

[tweet]1409579896041611271[/tweet]
Don't tell them it's Ludwig Favre they've gone to see. The Yanks are big fans I hear

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
To be fair, it seems as if Favre is their only realistic decent option, so makes sense to have another go at it. However, it looks a bit desperate, especially as it's out in the open now that they are trying again. The sort of thing that you'd prefer to keep quiet.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
To be fair, it seems as if Favre is their only realistic decent option, so makes sense to have another go at it. However, it looks a bit desperate, especially as it's out in the open now that they are trying again. The sort of thing that you'd prefer to keep quiet.
If it's true and they are going it means he's willing to listen and meet them again. Which means it must have been about investment previously. Maybe they've found a gate to the ringed fence or something.

They're overdue an admin, it's about time.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought Nuno was joining - who’s this Favre guy?! Can’t keep up…

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Do me a Favre. Colin W@nker is the man for this job, Shirley!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here