Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Alan Nixon from the Sun is making himself popular with them tonight. Not only dismissing the jet plane to Favre story, but also reporting that, with Parker leaving to join Bournemouth, Fulham's first choice is Cooper if they'll pay the compensation. Back to square one.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
To be fair, it seems as if Favre is their only realistic decent option, so makes sense to have another go at it. However, it looks a bit desperate, especially as it's out in the open now that they are trying again. The sort of thing that you'd prefer to keep quiet.

So the Americans are there to help persuade him to sign in the hope it speeds up their exit? Desperate all round.

Unless it was all going swimmingly and the negotiations broke down on good terms, it is risky to keep going after this obviously less than fully committed chap. He must be a greater risk of leaving if the going gets a bit tough. Never mind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You do know that those caravan dwellers are going to pull a rabbit out of the hat again this season don’t you?

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Favre's bean and gone. Still, a nice drop of Chianti will wash down the disappointment.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
At the rate Pilarse are going I'm starting to worry for all the SCFL clubs and their managers, Arundel have had a turbulent close season but still seem much better placed than Pilarse and they must be down to this Tier by now!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Do me a Favre. Colin W@nker is the man for this job, Shirley!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather they didn't go for Warnock. There's plenty of more expensive options to pursue that would do a far worse job.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Fat Frank back in the running. Think there's a fair difference between having to bring few a few Chelsea academy players to supplement the squad and forming a squad from 10 first team players and Palace's "world-class" academy.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It's gonna to be Patrick Viera by the way.

Just read that on the athletic.
You'd think prince charming et al would have learnt to keep it under their hats until the inks dry.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It's gonna to be Patrick Viera by the way.

Just seen that myself. So all the b@llocks about the owners flying out to convince Favre to come was exactly that, b@llocks. Viera has a fairly ordinary record as a manager, doing OK in his first season at Nice and then bombing. Obviously not Palace's first choice, but as a manager out of work I'd imagine he must see this as a reasonable opportunity.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Please be true
Please be true
Please be true
Please be true
Please be true
Please be true
Please be true
Please be true